Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ejguillot : (14 January 2020 - 10:36 PM)

Hope the new year is treating everyone well..

@  ejguillot : (16 December 2019 - 01:55 AM)

Hi all. Decade is coming to a close... I'm feeling a little old!

@  M_Dogg : (05 December 2019 - 11:20 PM)

Cheers!

@  ejguillot : (02 December 2019 - 01:13 AM)

Hi there. Some of us are working to keep these cars alive and running. Glad you had a good 15 year run.

@  opera_bob : (30 November 2019 - 08:39 AM)

Every time I see an Old Buick I have major respect for it. I know what kind of torque these cars make.

@  opera_bob : (30 November 2019 - 08:38 AM)

I sold my 2002 GS back in 2017. She was falling apart all over the place. So I sold her and bought a 2017 Focus RS in 2017.

@  opera_bob : (30 November 2019 - 08:37 AM)

Hi Everybody.

@  ejguillot : (15 November 2019 - 08:19 PM)

Anybody get on here anymore?

@  ejguillot : (01 November 2019 - 02:23 AM)

It should be possible, you might want to get a surplus connector so you can hook the fan motor to a battery.

@  Greg2000GS : (01 November 2019 - 01:58 AM)

cooling fan suspect. Is there a way to test it by jumping connector?

@  Fast86GN : (31 October 2019 - 01:23 PM)

I'm here....

@  ejguillot : (27 October 2019 - 01:39 PM)

Let's try to bring this forum back to life a bit... I'll be on fairly often (now that my project Regal is seeing some progress).

@  ejguillot : (27 October 2019 - 01:38 PM)

Let

@  ejguillot : (01 October 2019 - 02:44 AM)

And I will have a 1999 GS transmission, about 140K miles, shift kit installed, available for sale soon. in Tampa FL.

@  ejguillot : (01 October 2019 - 02:20 AM)

Hi everyone. Still working on my project car GS.

@  alemstrom : (24 September 2019 - 04:36 PM)

It runs!

@  Fast86GN : (10 September 2019 - 03:11 PM)

Saw a few on FB 3800 marketplace

@  BigSexxyGS : (16 August 2019 - 02:08 PM)

Im here. Looking for a trans for a 2003 GS...Help!

@  NKmssin3 : (05 August 2019 - 11:20 PM)

I check back in on occasion to.

@  Crazyguy03 : (07 July 2019 - 07:50 PM)

Yes

Photo
- - - - -

GSE

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 gmoney

gmoney

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • First Name:
    Erik

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

I hate to do this, but im pretty annoyed so I will. As some of you know I have been renting out the dual exhaust template. I have only been asking for $10+ shipping both ways. My thread used to read: “you cover shipping” and “throw me ten bucks…”

I rented it out to GSE back in mid-early august, he asked a bunch of times how much he owed me and everytime I responded $29, $19 for shipping and $10 for renting. I was really understanding that he didn’t have paypal and covered all the expenses and the agreement was to slip a check or money order back in the box when he returned it. I got it back and there was $10 in a sealed envelope…grrr. So I sent him a pm explaining that we must’ve gotten our lines crossed and that there were no hard feelings and he agreed to send the rest of the money on august 22 when he got paid. I still have not received anything from him, so I sent him a pm last night which he read because it is in my sentbox. No reply. i am pretty annoyed because I thought I was doing something good for our community and apparently have already been taken advantage of. Now it will most likely go up for sale. If anyone would care to see the pm’s I can post them later tonight.

I would really rather just settle this with no hard feelings rather than tarnish someones reputation, but patience doesn’t come easy to us polock’s :-)

E

#2 Murphinator

Murphinator

Yeah, I rule.

• Forum Moderator
  • 9,385 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • First Name:
    Keith

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:13 AM

sorry to hear about it , I have only been burned once on here for a very small item ( see vecco in the banned club)

dibs on the template :lol: :lol:

#3 bahopki

bahopki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:03 AM

You're annoyed? Some of us have been waiting patiently to rent the template for over two months!

You could have at least given notice to those on the waiting list first and offered it for sale to the next person in line.

#4 gmoney

gmoney

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • First Name:
    Erik

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

You're annoyed? Some of us have been waiting patiently to rent the template for over two months!

well you can thank the person who ruined it for you. as i said in the first line of the post, "i am going to TRY renting out the template"

You could have at least given notice to those on the waiting list first and offered it for sale to the next person in line.

in fact i offered it to someone on the list who i felt deserved it based on their reputation and overall contribution. not some asshat with 26 posts in 6 years that noone has ever heard of and makes next to no contributions to the board. why dont you go find a template on your own, you know? maybe do a lil work instead of just sitting around, "whaa i've been waiting 2 months, i dont care if you are losing money on the deals so far. i just want shit to fall in my lap with little to no work done by me."

dude seriously, back the funk off. maybe if you would have done a little bit of work, you wouldve found another template for sale on ebay like there was a couple of weeks ago. which BTW went for much cheaper than i sold mine for.

guess what guy? it isnt up to me to fulfill your needs while losing money by getting ripped off. i tried to provide a good quality service to this board, but (god i hate saying this) if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense.

#5 bahopki

bahopki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

I'm sorry for the fact that someone else did not live up to their end of the deal, but if you were not willing to cope with that possible consequence of renting out your template, you probably should not have publicly extended the offer. And if you were just going to do this on a limited "test" basis, maybe you should not have accepted so many people onto the waiting list.

It appears as though you decided that this arrangement was going to be more trouble than it was worth, so you pulled the rug out from under everyone on the list without so much as a warning.

...not some asshat with 26 posts in 6 years that noone has ever heard of and makes next to no contributions to the board.

As you point out, I have been a registered user of this website for six years, and I will acknowledge that I have not contributed anything significant to it. Unfortunately, this has not been my first negative experience, and when met with such a welcoming and mature attitude as this, is it any wonder why I haven't felt terribly compelled to share my experiences from seven years and 200,000+ miles of Regal ownership?

#6 Bigdad_e875

Bigdad_e875

They call me "Big Sexy"!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN
  • First Name:
    Jason

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

This problem could have been and still can be solved..Ask for money up front before shipping it out to anyone then they just have to pay to ship it back to you. Just a thought because my turn in line was getting close so i was getting excited about finally having my duals finally done. As i said just a thought, not trying to start any problems.

#7 gmoney

gmoney

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • First Name:
    Erik

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:33 PM

This problem could have been and still can be solved..Ask for money up front before shipping it out to anyone then they just have to pay to ship it back to you. Just a thought because my turn in line was getting close so i was getting excited about finally having my duals finally done. As i said just a thought, not trying to start any problems.

that was what i was doing, however i tried too once again be nice and help someone out because i thought we were all grown up enough to hold up to our end of the bargain. if i hadnt it would have been another week before it got sent out, once again trying to help you guys by moving it along.

#8 gmoney

gmoney

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • First Name:
    Erik

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

I'm sorry for the fact that someone else did not live up to their end of the deal, but if you were not willing to cope with that possible consequence of renting out your template, you probably should not have publicly extended the offer. And if you were just going to do this on a limited "test" basis, maybe you should not have accepted so many people onto the waiting list.[/qoute]

the only reason i accepted so many people to the list was because they kept asking for it and i wanted to keep it fair and in order of when it was requested. the warning should have been implied due to to the word "try".

As you point out, I have been a regisitered user of this website for six years, and I will acknowledge that I have not contributed anything to it. Unfortunately, this has not been my first negative experience, and when meet with such a welcoming and mature attitude as this, is it any wonder why I haven't felt terribly compelled to share my experineces in seven years and 200,000+ miles of Regal ownership?

sorry for the attitude it was 5:30am when i read your post. its kinda a slap in the face when you try to do people a favor and then are scrutinized for pulling out when you are losing out. just as you say you dont contribute because of bad past experiences, my bad past experience has lead me not to contribute my template anymore. it seems to me that you are just upset that i didnt offer it to you. well, like a pet that i can no longer take care of i found it a good home. i sold it to Murphanator, a guy who has contributed as much to this board as anyone else, was also on the list, and happens to have more regals than a dealership. i figured there was no better candidate for it. if this was something that wasn't as rare as it is i would have put it up for sale publically, but it isnt so i made sure it went to someone deserving.

had he have said no it would have been up for sale publically

#9 bahopki

bahopki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

sorry for the attitude it was 5:30am when i read your post.

Apology accepted. And I am sorry if the tone of my initial reply offended you, but you are correct that I am upset and a bit angry with the way that you have handled this.

I patiently waited over a two-month period for my turn in line for the rental and I responded promptly to your PM's, and once I was next on the list, I learned from a post on the forum that you not only decided to stop offering the template for rental, but that you had sold it to someone who was waiting behind me. IMHO, you should have notified those on the waiting list of the problems that you were having and that you were going to stop renting the template out.

...and i wanted to keep it fair and in order of when it was requested

...i offered it to someone on the list who i felt deserved it...

why dont you go find a template on your own, you know? maybe do a lil work instead of just sitting around, "whaa i've been waiting 2 months, i dont care if you are losing money on the deals so far. i just want shit to fall in my lap with little to no work done by me."

dude seriously, back the funk off. maybe if you would have done a little bit of work, you wouldve found another template for sale

...if this was something that wasn't as rare as it is i would have put it up for sale publically

From your own posts, it would appear that your decision to stop the rental process was done in hasty response to a deal gone bad, and you did not consider the consequences to those whom you had placed on the waiting list.

#10 HEAVYKEVY

HEAVYKEVY

600+HP...finally made 11's!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8,345 posts
  • LocationWheaton IL
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

I'm sorry for the fact that someone else did not live up to their end of the deal, but if you were not willing to cope with that possible consequence of renting out your template, you probably should not have publicly extended the offer. And if you were just going to do this on a limited "test" basis, maybe you should not have accepted so many people onto the waiting list.

It appears as though you decided that this arrangement was going to be more trouble than it was worth, so you pulled the rug out from under everyone on the list without so much as a warning.

...not some asshat with 26 posts in 6 years that noone has ever heard of and makes next to no contributions to the board.

As you point out, I have been a registered user of this website for six years, and I will acknowledge that I have not contributed anything to it. Unfortunately, this has not been my first negative experience, and when meet with such a welcoming and mature attitude as this, is it any wonder why I haven't felt terribly compelled to share my experiences from seven years and 200,000+ miles of Regal ownership?

seriously? you feel as if you are entitled to getting the template huh? yea he really screwed YOU over buddy... Don't EVER piss and moan at someone when they are trying to help out the community, get screwed over, then now have to reorganize or ditch the effort. This isnt a new buisness adventure, go call the BBB if you have to :roll:

srry for the rant, but imho its deserved and no offense really but the internet is serious buisness to this guy apparently... btw, thnx for contributing nothing but your cranky dad's little girl attitude in 6 years!

kthnxbai

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

Kevin, Way to have a nice mature response after things seemed to have calmed down.... :roll:

#12 Murphinator

Murphinator

Yeah, I rule.

• Forum Moderator
  • 9,385 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • First Name:
    Keith

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

Brad , continue your patience and I will see to it you get properly cutout for duals.

I am creating a template from the original template out of a junk bumper cover

#13 gmoney

gmoney

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • First Name:
    Erik

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

As you point out, I have been a registered user of this website for six years, and I will acknowledge that I have not contributed anything to it. Unfortunately, this has not been my first negative experience, and when meet with such a welcoming and mature attitude as this, is it any wonder why I haven't felt terribly compelled to share my experiences from seven years and 200,000+ miles of Regal ownership?

seriously? you feel as if you are entitled to getting the template huh? yea he really screwed YOU over buddy... Don't EVER piss and moan at someone when they are trying to help out the community, get screwed over, then now have to reorganize or ditch the effort. This isnt a new buisness adventure, go call the BBB if you have to :roll:

srry for the rant, but imho its deserved and no offense really but the internet is serious buisness to this guy apparently... btw, thnx for contributing nothing but your cranky dad's little girl attitude in 6 years!

kthnxbai

thank you thats pretty much how i feel. my decision was not hasty, i have been thinking about it since the template came back more than a week ago. i am not really sure how i could have made you happy in this scenario other than either giving you first shot at it (which i felt was not necessary due to your contributions to the board) or continue renting it (which would have made my decision to stop renting it pointless). again i am sorry that you didnt get it, maybe you should bitch out the guy who ruined it for the rest of you as i would still be renting it if that hadn't happened. honestly the $10 i was charging wasnt worth it, it just made it so i could convince myself it wasn't for nothing. between making arrangements, pack, unpacking, making sure nothing happened to it, it sitting outside my house waiting for the mailman to pick it up or me to get home and receive it, paying for shipping on my debit card (usps doesnt accept paypal), paypal charges on the ~$30 for every rental, pm'ing back and forth, it was not wotrh it. even if i was making $20 on every rental it would have barely been worth it.

i am very satisfied with my decision, i feel it went to the best/ most deserving person it could have. i actually felt great that i was able to help one of the elders that have given so much to this place and thus someone who has given so much to me.

i really cant believe someone has a problem with this. now i am curious to know what the elders and mods think about my decision.

also i still havent heard from gse. i know its only $19 but its the principle, and its really a smack in the face.

#14 bahopki

bahopki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

I'm not going to continue arguing my point or start trading insults with those who also believe that you did not owe any type of explanation or advance notification to those members that you placed on your "waiting list". People can read the posts under this topic and decide for themselves if you handled things appropriately.

Murphinator -- Thanks for the offer.

#15 gmoney

gmoney

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • First Name:
    Erik

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

I posted as soon as I made my decision, I am not really sure how much more advance notice I could have given you. I also posted a link to this post which explains my reasoning. The only thing else I may have been able to do was tell you that I was considering ending it, I don’t really see how that would much matter though as you still would not have gotten it. Again I am sorry it had to happen this way, but you’re taking your anger out on the wrong person.

#16 Wizaugh

Wizaugh

All the Basic Mods

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationKCMO
  • First Name:
    Cal

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:30 PM

also i still havent heard from gse. i know its only $19 but its the principle, and its really a smack in the face.

Could it be time for a personal "title" underneath his s/n?

#17 gmoney

gmoney

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • First Name:
    Erik

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

Could it be time for a personal "title" underneath his s/n?

i would rather it not come to that and that this would resolve itself and move on, but i will leave that up to the mods...i know there watching

#18 JasonGS

JasonGS

Contributing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationBrownstown, MI
  • First Name:
    Jason

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

See, Erik, some guys just try to spoil it for everyone (meaning both the subject of the thread and the whiner). I cannot believe you are doing favors for some, and they are ripping you off, or whining about it.

#19 Bigdad_e875

Bigdad_e875

They call me "Big Sexy"!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN
  • First Name:
    Jason

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

While my input or opinion may not mean anything i will still say that i am really disappointed with how this turned out as my turn in line was close. With that said, that doesn't mean that i have any hard feelings over this towards anyone. I appreciate being put on the list to begin with and appreciate ALL the help, input, and work i have had done from so many cool people on this forum, including gmoney. I would also like to inform everyone that if there is any way that i can contribute to this forum that i would be more than willing to do so but you all have such a headstart on me in knowing the ins and outs of these vehicles that i dont know how much help i could be. Sorry if i got alittle off topic, just speaking my mind for once as i am usually a quiet person when it comes to these sort of things. Thanks again all!

#20 gmoney

gmoney

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY
  • First Name:
    Erik

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:08 AM

well good news is that gse got back to me after i sent him another pm. he said a money order was sent and he is looking for the tracking number to find out what happened to it. so hopefully this is almost figured out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )