Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Nateteo : (19 August 2014 - 11:01 PM) Any one know if 06 or 08 charger rims with fit our cars? Like Mitchell says the bold patterns are the same.
@  Crazyguy03 : (19 August 2014 - 05:07 AM) Any one still talk to Hellfish?
@  Naminator : (19 August 2014 - 04:38 AM) That the same everywhere. I saw some Lime green Lambourghini aventador crowding traffic, cutting in and out of lanes on a packed 4 lane highway today. The kind thats stops suddenly for no reason. Gonna kill someone I bet.
@  steveyjr1982 : (19 August 2014 - 02:47 AM) Nope, every day I get closer and closer to having an accident because of the people around here
@  BlackBetty : (19 August 2014 - 02:07 AM) well i know im new, willing to put in the work n such, so i hope that moron comment wasnt directed at me for trying to save money
@  steveyjr1982 : (19 August 2014 - 12:05 AM) Why, oh why are there so many morons in this world?
@  BlackBetty : (18 August 2014 - 07:56 PM) yea i have been looking at summit for the intake pipe ideas. and aluminum should work in the desert for $120 vs $195.. just need to select a muffler now :-)
@  Frostflowz : (18 August 2014 - 06:43 PM) Just paint it
@  keithr182 : (18 August 2014 - 06:16 PM) @blackbetty, I purchased the 304 stainless for sure. Alum wouldn't last more than a few winters here in Canada.
@  Marchi1 : (18 August 2014 - 04:52 PM) a friend ordered the prebent pieces from either Summit or Jegs that were polished and then shortened them accordingly.
@  BlackBetty : (18 August 2014 - 11:18 AM) whats a good length then? i was just seeing 1 foot pipes when looking around
@  Marchi1 : (18 August 2014 - 11:14 AM) 22.5
@  BlackBetty : (18 August 2014 - 11:03 AM) what is a good degree of bend off the throttle body? for a pipe for the cone air filter. 45 degrees?
@  gojo83 : (18 August 2014 - 10:57 AM) oh ok
@  BlackBetty : (18 August 2014 - 10:14 AM) that is just making the pipe
@  gojo83 : (18 August 2014 - 09:45 AM) that is a cheap shop
@  BlackBetty : (18 August 2014 - 09:41 AM) ty for sharing. local shop priced me out about $10 per foot so that seems fair. did you purchase the aluminum or 304 stainless ??
@  keithr182 : (17 August 2014 - 06:54 AM) Here's the link if you wanted it or not, might be useful for anyone else looking: http://www.mandrelex...AND-PRIX/Detail
@  keithr182 : (17 August 2014 - 06:53 AM) There's a grand prix kit that's 2.5" and it's stainless, a member here recommended it and it's what I got, you want the link?
@  BlackBetty : (17 August 2014 - 06:52 AM) ok i have not bought anything yet just window shopping and putting together ideas.. im so not paying 8-9 hours of labor to a shop to install headers.

Photo
- - - - -

98 Regal Drive belt tensioner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chi_Town

Chi_Town

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • First Name:
    Tony

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

Going through the pulleys I have been trying to figure out where this annoying squeeking has been comming from. Well it came down to changing the tensioner pulley out and it didn't fix the issue so i now just replaced the alternator but it still didn't fix the issue =(. While I was installing the alternator I noticed that while putting pressure onto the idler pulley to remove the belt, I kept hearing the squeek again, so im going to go with the idea that the issue is the tensioner itself.

Does anyone know where i can get a good used one ? Maybe a member here may have one !!

And maybe a general walk through with installing the part, I honestly need to get this part replaced ASAP because im sick of hearing the squeek.

Chi_Town

#2 kevandkaye

kevandkaye

Multi-Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2244 posts
  • LocationWanatah, IN
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

MORAD AUTO PARTS! Morad auto parts, morad auto parts!!!!!! I can't say enough good about that place fast, and affordable! Just tell him what you are looking for, He'll get it!

Just remember most everything on the tensioner is left-hand-thread!

Here's the website, but you might search his ebay store first ( link on the site)....

http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

Edited by kevandkaye, 09 September 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#3 Chi_Town

Chi_Town

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • First Name:
    Tony

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:48 AM

MORAD AUTO PARTS! Morad auto parts, morad auto parts!!!!!! I can't say enough good about that place fast, and affordable! Just tell him what you are looking for, He'll get it!

Just remember most everything on the tensioner is left-hand-thread!

Here's the website, but you might search his ebay store first ( link on the site)....

http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

Ok but is there possibly a write up of it? Or can somone give me the steps from start to finish as to what I need to do to replace it? I can't amagin it being difficult but I dont want to screw anything up =)

Thanks again kevandkaye appreciate the insight I deff will look through his store and contact him if he doesn't have what im looking for .

Chi_Town

#4 zz2h33

zz2h33

Still plays with trains

• Administrator
  • 2997 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • First Name:
    Ryan

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

the idler is easy to replace, just remove it by removing the bolt on the face and put on the new one. First take the belt off by releasing the tension on the tensioner with a wrench. This will be a good time to put a new belt on, not absolutely necessary but its good piece of mind and cheap so might as well do it. there is a diagram of the belt routing on a sticker that is in the engine compartment. this will be handy when it comes time to put the belt back on.

when it comes to pulleys, i do not recommend getting a used one. they are cheap enough that a used one doesnt make sense. esp since you dont know how many miles the used one has, it can go any day. do it right or do it twice! check rockauto, i bet you find a brand new one just as cheap as a used one.

I also recommend replacing it asap. a squealing idler means failure is eminent, and if its the acc belt if that goes you lose power steering, water pump, and alternator. not something you want happening when you're on the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )