Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  BlackBetty : (29 July 2014 - 07:45 AM) So doing oil pan gasket.. thinking bout dropping the front cradle down some to give a little extra room for pan removal. Anyone know size of Torx bolt??
@  glendayle : (28 July 2014 - 08:06 AM) can fix any cluster with the bad readout for like $10
@  glendayle : (28 July 2014 - 08:05 AM) super easy fix. read the DIY
@  Frostflowz : (28 July 2014 - 04:47 AM) My cluster in my gs has an issue with the mpg readout area..... went to a yard today and grabbed a new one. The MPG area works, but the odo doesn't, heh, super gay.
@  RegalTraveler : (27 July 2014 - 10:39 PM) Interesting to know. But overall I like my 98 better than my dads 200x Regal. I feel the interior components are significantly better than the later years.
@  Crazyguy03 : (26 July 2014 - 09:34 PM) soo if anyone cares, the 97-98 have different orifice tubes for the AC then the 99-04 WTF
@  Dankster : (26 July 2014 - 08:15 PM) the motor and trans are solid
@  Dankster : (26 July 2014 - 08:14 PM) anyone wanna buy my crappy gs?
@  Dankster : (26 July 2014 - 08:14 PM) sups
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 06:07 PM) Fuse was part of the issue. I think the diode on the harness may be backward. Time to hop over to another forum.
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:50 PM) v---- Ignore that. Not a search box. =)
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:49 PM) hi beam fuse
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:39 PM) Could just be a bad wire somewhere in the car, but I'm guessing I blew something testing out my correctional harness.
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:35 PM) Just found out that the hi-beam light I'm getting the feed from just doesn't work. Swapped left/right assemblies and the assembly works on the other side. Anyone know if there is a high-beam fuse specific to driverside or passenger side?
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:34 PM) Interesting one. Working on my H1 retrofit and trying to figure out why the projectors aren't activating when my brights are on.
@  glendayle : (26 July 2014 - 04:02 PM) Yeah FB is killing it. Too many people that want an immediate answer and don't want to research or anything.
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 02:53 AM) It's probably not as active. Most of these Regals have probably been killed or sold off. Heck, my Regal is 16 years old already. The remaining fresh arrivals at the junkyard are abused inside and out (I really don't know how people abuse their interiors so bad).
@  Rainman21 : (26 July 2014 - 01:15 AM) but maybe its just me
@  Rainman21 : (26 July 2014 - 01:15 AM) This forum don't seem as active as it was years ago.
@  RegalTraveler : (24 July 2014 - 01:54 AM) What's wrong with your Torque?

Photo
- - - - -

98 Regal Drive belt tensioner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chi_Town

Chi_Town

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • First Name:
    Tony

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

Going through the pulleys I have been trying to figure out where this annoying squeeking has been comming from. Well it came down to changing the tensioner pulley out and it didn't fix the issue so i now just replaced the alternator but it still didn't fix the issue =(. While I was installing the alternator I noticed that while putting pressure onto the idler pulley to remove the belt, I kept hearing the squeek again, so im going to go with the idea that the issue is the tensioner itself.

Does anyone know where i can get a good used one ? Maybe a member here may have one !!

And maybe a general walk through with installing the part, I honestly need to get this part replaced ASAP because im sick of hearing the squeek.

Chi_Town

#2 kevandkaye

kevandkaye

Multi-Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts
  • LocationWanatah, IN
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

MORAD AUTO PARTS! Morad auto parts, morad auto parts!!!!!! I can't say enough good about that place fast, and affordable! Just tell him what you are looking for, He'll get it!

Just remember most everything on the tensioner is left-hand-thread!

Here's the website, but you might search his ebay store first ( link on the site)....

http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

Edited by kevandkaye, 09 September 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#3 Chi_Town

Chi_Town

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • First Name:
    Tony

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:48 AM

MORAD AUTO PARTS! Morad auto parts, morad auto parts!!!!!! I can't say enough good about that place fast, and affordable! Just tell him what you are looking for, He'll get it!

Just remember most everything on the tensioner is left-hand-thread!

Here's the website, but you might search his ebay store first ( link on the site)....

http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

Ok but is there possibly a write up of it? Or can somone give me the steps from start to finish as to what I need to do to replace it? I can't amagin it being difficult but I dont want to screw anything up =)

Thanks again kevandkaye appreciate the insight I deff will look through his store and contact him if he doesn't have what im looking for .

Chi_Town

#4 zz2h33

zz2h33

Still plays with trains

• Administrator
  • 2997 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • First Name:
    Ryan

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

the idler is easy to replace, just remove it by removing the bolt on the face and put on the new one. First take the belt off by releasing the tension on the tensioner with a wrench. This will be a good time to put a new belt on, not absolutely necessary but its good piece of mind and cheap so might as well do it. there is a diagram of the belt routing on a sticker that is in the engine compartment. this will be handy when it comes time to put the belt back on.

when it comes to pulleys, i do not recommend getting a used one. they are cheap enough that a used one doesnt make sense. esp since you dont know how many miles the used one has, it can go any day. do it right or do it twice! check rockauto, i bet you find a brand new one just as cheap as a used one.

I also recommend replacing it asap. a squealing idler means failure is eminent, and if its the acc belt if that goes you lose power steering, water pump, and alternator. not something you want happening when you're on the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )