Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ejguillot : (20 October 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Well, welcome back!

@  Marchi1 : (13 October 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Holy Crap I got in...finally remembered my login

@  dezldave961 : (08 October 2020 - 02:13 PM)

:peeks around the corner:

@  ejguillot : (06 October 2020 - 01:41 PM)

Glad to hear there are still lurkers around.

@  buck531 : (05 October 2020 - 12:15 AM)

sup turd buckets?

@  de.regal : (04 October 2020 - 10:50 PM)

Still lurk every day

@  tpivette : (03 October 2020 - 02:32 AM)

Sucks these forums are as vacant as they are... oh well, there's still the faithful like us!

@  kevandkaye : (27 September 2020 - 02:40 AM)

Yet still, we lurk. :o

@  ejguillot : (27 September 2020 - 01:08 AM)

Yeah, Facebook took over and killed forums.

@  dezldave961 : (26 September 2020 - 03:24 AM)

Ya, most of the original wave of active members have changed vehicles to something (probably) less mod-friendly, with the occasional person in an LS or Hemi that they do some bolt-ons to. Kinda sad that forums faded.

@  ejguillot : (23 September 2020 - 09:02 PM)

Finally updated my signature to match my current Buick.

@  ejguillot : (10 September 2020 - 03:20 AM)

Things are terminally quiet around here...

@  sky72lark : (07 August 2020 - 12:38 AM)

:orcs-buttshake:

@  dezldave961 : (29 July 2020 - 04:06 AM)

Just became a moderator on 3800Pro, so that's fun. I know it's gone thru a couple hands since Intense got sold, then that guy sold the forum. Not sure what that'll help, but it's something.

@  ejguillot : (26 July 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Glad to hear it. Would be a tragedy for us remaining owners to lose the knowledge in these forums.

@  dezldave961 : (12 July 2020 - 01:55 AM)

Hosted a buddy and his family for cookout... Ya, not alot on forums lately. Just keeping the lights on.

@  ejguillot : (08 July 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Everyone have a good 4th? This place is a ghost town...

@  ejguillot : (10 May 2020 - 10:43 PM)

Sweet!

@  dezldave961 : (07 May 2020 - 04:14 PM)

Got bored and started making build video...

@  dezldave961 : (04 May 2020 - 04:05 AM)

I need to hunt down the little black trim bar that's at the top edge of the GS rocker panel cover, for driver's side between rear door and wheel well.

Photo

Custom Turbo Build (Marchi1's other car now)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#61 Ben98GS

Ben98GS

The man, the myth, the legend

• Forum Moderator
  • 10,183 posts
  • LocationMooresville, IN
  • First Name:
    Ben

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

2/14/2010

Andrew's posts:

I swapped in my old front SSC springs and KYB GR2 struts and ZZP race control arms.

The next day I dropped it off at the body shop..Today I got it back...almost perfect! They even used the glass from the original door so I didn't have to try and match the tint.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I even had the 3" scratch on the passenger side rear door fixed...

Posted Image

#62 Ben98GS

Ben98GS

• Forum Moderator
  • 10,183 posts
  • First Name:
    Ben

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

3/20/2010

Just finished swapping the rear Springs and struts from the old car...no more 173k mile suspension parts!

#63 Ben98GS

Ben98GS

• Forum Moderator
  • 10,183 posts
  • First Name:
    Ben

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

Pictures at the track before Andrew did the suspension:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 Ben98GS

Ben98GS

• Forum Moderator
  • 10,183 posts
  • First Name:
    Ben

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

5/1/2010

I took her to the track for the first time yesterday...met up with Keith and he showed me how to do the cable mod. Best I could get for the night was a 13.433 @ 108 with a 2.297 60'. I had A LOT of wheel spin leaving the line. I got to the track with too much fuel (about 1/4 tank) although it was GT100, so better than 93, but I didn't think it was worth mixing in 104 since I wasn't seeing any knock on the way up.

I attempted to up the boost after the first run, but did't really see any effect (maybe I just wan't turning the boost controller enough). So I gotta figure that one out. Overall I was pleased, I was hoping for better times, but those should come when I get some DR's. Since I got the car I had to add a cat & an exhaust so the extra weight and restriction didn't help. It is still a w-body PB for me and the car made the 2.5 hour trip without an issue. If I can figure out how to launch it I should be in the 12's without having to do too much more to the car. This car got a lot more attention in the pit lanes than my '99 ever did...although Keith threatened to take pictures of the engine bay to show Ben how it's condition had deteriorated.

#65 Ben98GS

Ben98GS

• Forum Moderator
  • 10,183 posts
  • First Name:
    Ben

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

5/2/2010
Well..the boost controller is working now. I tried earlier this morning to go to max boost and the most I got was a spike at 11 (was running at 12 ever since I got it from Ben). Later today I went all the way to min and only got 8.5 psi. I then went back to max boost....um...wow. I got up to 14.5 and had 0 knock...it was fun. So I decided to see if it had more in it. Um I think it got up to 20 something...it built so fast...and I was busy watching for knock...then nothing. Zero boost...vacuum was still normal, so I wasn't too worried. Got it into the driveway, turns out I blew off the input clamp to the intercooler.

The boost controller must have been frozen up from being in the same position for so long, or something. After going all the way to minimum and then back to max it was a completely different car...I can't wait to get back to the track.

#66 99sleeper

99sleeper

Official RegalGS.org Flagship Car Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
  • LocationNorwich, CT
  • First Name:
    Andrew

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

Wow, really need to update this side. Heading out of town today...so here is a brief synopsis.
Towed the car the 13 hours to RM10. Won first place in the modified class of the car show portion (Thanks to Ben and Brown's auto body). Snapped the input shaft of the transmission about 30 minutes after judging and didn't get to race the next day. Towed it back home. It sat in the driveway for the rest of the summer while I gathered parts.

Towed it up to Bill Boost's place, he installed a dynotech 3.29 gear, GM racing 1" chain transmission, an XP cam and a trickle charger for the race battery. Just picked it up last night...this thing is even more of a beast now. I wasn't able to go above ~60% throttle the whole way home as the tires would break loose. This winter I plan to take it to the local speed shop and have it dyno tuned even though I have heard mixed reviews.

When I get back I'll upload some pics from the trans install.

#67 HEAVYKEVY

HEAVYKEVY

600+HP...finally made 11's!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8,345 posts
  • LocationWheaton IL
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Wow, really need to update this side. Heading out of town today...so here is a brief synopsis.
Towed the car the 13 hours to RM10. Won first place in the modified class of the car show portion (Thanks to Ben and Brown's auto body). Snapped the input shaft of the transmission about 30 minutes after judging and didn't get to race the next day. Towed it back home. It sat in the driveway for the rest of the summer while I gathered parts.

Towed it up to Bill Boost's place, he installed a dynotech 3.29 gear, GM racing 1" chain transmission, an XP cam and a trickle charger for the race battery. Just picked it up last night...this thing is even more of a beast now. I wasn't able to go above ~60% throttle the whole way home as the tires would break loose. This winter I plan to take it to the local speed shop and have it dyno tuned even though I have heard mixed reviews.

When I get back I'll upload some pics from the trans install.

Mixed reviews about taking it to be dyno tuned? Huh?

#68 Ben98GS

Ben98GS

• Forum Moderator
  • 10,183 posts
  • First Name:
    Ben

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

I think he means mixed reviews about the shop itself, not the idea of dyno tuning.

#69 Ben98GS

Ben98GS

• Forum Moderator
  • 10,183 posts
  • First Name:
    Ben

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Fixed a bunch of the broken pictures/links. ;)

#70 Marchi1

Marchi1

• Forum Moderator
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

This beautiful beast has changed hands again. I hope to have it back on the road in spring making noise and beating up on cars half her age. Lots to do and a few changes I want to do to make it my own.....sorry no orange on this ride.

#71 Marchi1

Marchi1

• Forum Moderator
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:05 AM

So bad news for everyone. What I thought would be a simple fixed ended up turning into a rusty money pit with no bottom in sight. As of this post. We have started the process of a demod and then the departure of a shell will be very soon.

We did a little bit of work, and the old heart is looking for a new body after we did a lot of cool stuff, like a custom radiator to make the return on the right side of the car.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )