Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dezldave961 : (29 July 2020 - 04:06 AM)

Just became a moderator on 3800Pro, so that's fun. I know it's gone thru a couple hands since Intense got sold, then that guy sold the forum. Not sure what that'll help, but it's something.

@  ejguillot : (26 July 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Glad to hear it. Would be a tragedy for us remaining owners to lose the knowledge in these forums.

@  dezldave961 : (12 July 2020 - 01:55 AM)

Hosted a buddy and his family for cookout... Ya, not alot on forums lately. Just keeping the lights on.

@  ejguillot : (08 July 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Everyone have a good 4th? This place is a ghost town...

@  ejguillot : (10 May 2020 - 10:43 PM)

Sweet!

@  dezldave961 : (07 May 2020 - 04:14 PM)

Got bored and started making build video...

@  dezldave961 : (04 May 2020 - 04:05 AM)

I need to hunt down the little black trim bar that's at the top edge of the GS rocker panel cover, for driver's side between rear door and wheel well.

@  ejguillot : (03 May 2020 - 02:42 AM)

I've been on there too. I hope this forum is kept open, there's too much info to allow it to be lost!

@  dezldave961 : (24 April 2020 - 10:25 PM)

I've been monitoring GrandPrixForums and 3800Pro (don't have FB)... also hopped on TurboBuick, but 99% GN chatter from boomers

@  ejguillot : (19 April 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Everyone at home, plenty of free time.

@  ejguillot : (19 April 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Nobody posting? Why not?

@  ejguillot : (27 March 2020 - 05:19 PM)

Congrats on the Comp G GTP!

@  crossout : (25 March 2020 - 05:49 PM)

Wow this thing has died off I just myself 05 Comp G 3 weeks ago way different than my 2000 regal gs that I had it rusted out to hell strunt towers. :D :D

@  dezldave961 : (20 March 2020 - 04:18 PM)

Pulled turbo engine, prepping MP112 setup... also doing some work-from-home stuff

@  tpivette : (19 March 2020 - 08:57 PM)

So far so good. Still working, fortunately.

@  ejguillot : (16 March 2020 - 03:46 PM)

how's everyone doing? With coronavirus and all that?

@  tpivette : (25 February 2020 - 02:35 AM)

Just got my GS back on the road. Wife is pressuring me to sell it... don't know if I want to or not

@  monte0 : (17 February 2020 - 05:04 AM)

Popped on to see how things are. Been a couple years...

@  ejguillot : (14 January 2020 - 10:36 PM)

Hope the new year is treating everyone well..

@  ejguillot : (16 December 2019 - 01:55 AM)

Hi all. Decade is coming to a close... I'm feeling a little old!

Photo

WildGS....Start to, finish?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 WildGS

WildGS

Fastest FWD GS in the PNW

• Administrator
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationChehalis, WA
  • First Name:
    David

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

SO I am going to try and work on this thread to catalog the history of my car and hope some of you will find it interesting. Will take me forever to find all the pictures and remember everything I had done to it.

I too as many of you started off as a NEWB but thanks to this site gained the knowledge to get me to the where I am with the car today.

So purchased my GS wrecked with a salvage title around March of 2004 for a total of $1500. She had approx 53k miles on it when I bought it (thought is was higher but they stated km's on the title due to the dash being in metric mode). Car was a lease from a dealer in OH and I was only the second owner. From the damage car looked to have and an encounter with ice and caught the front PS corner and right rear quarter. I attempted to due as much work on her as I could but ended up paying a body shop to get her back up and running.

Pics of the car when I brought her home.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Here is what I ended up with after another $4000 on body work bringing my total to about $6500 (A few parts added to that price) once I had it back on the road

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So while on this forum I got hooked up with the local Buicks in MI and ended up attending my very first GS gathering. It was @ Detroitlions34 (Marcus') house. At this point my car was BONE STOCK and I was headed up to have the (at the time) famous Dave Winterhalter install a 3.4 pulley for me. Now realize this was back in the day before tuners or scanners had even been developed for our platform so times they were different ;-).

Posted ImagePosted Image

Was awesome meeting with the guys and talking about our Regals. I personally think it's the thing I enjoy most about this group is the attitude we share about our Regals and general love of the hobby. Met alot of great guys who I still talk too up until this very day. Met a few of the "pioneers" of the Regal hobby through these connections and they where good folks. During this time it was almost UNHEARD of to have a car running in the 12's. There where no tuners, no turbo cars, our aftermarket was barely in it's infancy. The only intercoolers available where from Thrasher and other parts like pulleys and such where only available from maybe 2-3 small vendors.

So I had my 3.4" installed and it was down hill from there. The power increase from just a pulley swap had me convinced that I need more. So my next step was a simple u-bend delete which I did myself. Using a small wire welder and a $5 pipe from the parts store I chopped out the u-bend and welded in straight pipe and a O2 bung.

Posted ImagePosted Image

At this point I had been hearing about going to the track and ready about other folks hitting the track. So I figured Milan was only 30 mins away and I needed to go. So hit the track for the very first time to run some low 15's high 14's with my otherwise stock GS with just a 3.4 pulley.

Posted Image

#2 WildGS

WildGS

• Administrator
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationChehalis, WA
  • First Name:
    David

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Aslo during this time I did some DIY ported exhaust manifolds (it was all the rage when the only option was $800 headers) Also added things like a K&N panel GTP trans/engine mounts, and gauges.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Once again the local MI guys would meet up and hang out at the track. fun times had by all....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 WildGS

WildGS

• Administrator
  • 4,433 posts
  • LocationChehalis, WA
  • First Name:
    David

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

Next came one of the mods I should have done from the get go but being I was a cheap SOB and only 1-2 people produced them at the time I built the first ever popular "Wild DP" LOL. At this time there was a guy on clubGP making these and one other source but I can't remember. I tihnk ZZP had just started making them and most of the ones you saw where home built jobs. So I figured what the hell and made a DP. With the 3.4 pulley and other mods the car was now down in the high 13's. Plus the fact I had been to the track almost every chance I got the driver mod played into that as well. Also I decided to build my own 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with a super turbo muffler. It was a great sounding setup and really opened things up over stock.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )