Steven Banom III's (former Michael Dougherty's) 2000 Buick Regal GSE
All picture and information in the thread are the property of Michael Dougherty and Steven Banom and cannot be used for any business purpose without the express written consent of both parties.
The Story Behind The Car:
In late December 2006, I was originally looking for a "beater" car to drive while I could spend the much needed time to fix up my current ride I was using at the time. After many failed attempts of finding some type of 5 speed beater, I started looking at some automatic cars. Being an automatic however, I was looking for a certain type of car then.
Throughout high school I had always dreamed of owning a 1997-2003 Supercharged Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I just always thought they were a cool car and wanted one. The funny thing is I had a friend that would always tell me the 1997-2004 Buick Regal GS was a much nicer car and they came supercharged just like the Grand Prix. However I told him that why would you ever want to own a grand pop looking Buick Regal over the sportier Pontiac Grand Prix? The older ones were in my price range at the time so I decided to start looking.
After many failed attempts of finding a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP within my price range, not beaten to hell, or extremely high miles, I started to look at other supercharged powered GM cars. Thinking back to what my friend always said about the 97-04 Buick Regal GS, I reluctantly started looking at those cars instead.
The first and only Buick Regal GS I looked at, which I now the proud owner of, I fell in love with it and knew I had to have it. It was owned by an older guy and he kept the car is fantastic shape inside and out considering the miles and age. After agreeing on a price which I never thought I walk away with, the car was sold.
The funny thing is I may have never owned this car or a Buick Regal in general if it wasn’t for the dead beat previous buyer. The car was listed on eBay however I caught it the last hour it was listed. There wasn’t enough time to get a hold of the owner, or to look at the car. So I let the auction go and continued my search. A few days later I received an email telling me the car was relisted. Also the seller contacted me saying the buyer was a deadbeat and to come over and take a look at it. If it wasn’t for that, who knows what I be driving now?
Earlier I said I was looking for a “beater” car to get so I could fix up my current ride at the time. However that soon all changed after getting my Buick. After discovering the decent aftermarket and performance these cars were putting out, I soon decided that this would become my project car instead. I had very simple plans for this car at first and never really expected it to get to the level it is today. However I am very happy at how the car has turned out and it will always be a part of my life for as long as I know.
• 155,000 Original L67 Series II Supercharged 3800 3.8 V6 Stock Motor & Heads
• Ported Eaton Gen V Supercharger with Modular Pulley System
• Supercharger Belt Wrap System
• ZZPerformance Stage III Full Stack Intercooler
• ZZPerformance Stage III Water to Air Front Mount Heat Exchanger
• ZZPerformance Ported Lower Intake Manifold
• JMB Performance 4” Fender Well Intake
• Cadillac Northstar 75mm Throttle Body with LQ4 85mm Maf Sensor
• Comp Cams VS Cam & 105# Valve Springs with Viton Valve Seals
• PRJ Performance Gen II Fuel Rails & Racetronix Fuel Pump with HD Harness
• Precision 42.5lbs Fuel Injectors
• ZZPerformance 10.3mm Spark Plug Wires
• MSP TBv2 Polyurethane Upper Front Motor Mounts
• Intense Red Polyurethane Upper Rear Motor Mounts
• Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Solid Lower Motor Mount
• Dynotech Performance 4T65E-HD 500HP Stage II Racing Transmission
• 3.29 Gear Ratio Conversion
• 2750 245mm Stall Converter
• Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Solid Transmission Mount
• TOG Headers
• ZZPerformance 3” 304 Stainless Catted Downpipe
• ZZPerformance 3” 304 Stainless Dual Cat Back Exhaust System with Whisper Resonator
• Flopro Dual 304 Stainless Mufflers
• GM Performance Parts Handling Upgrade Kit which includes 34mm Front Sway Bar, 19mm Rear Sway Bar, & Rear Tubular Trailing Arms
• BMR Front & Rear Strut Tower Braces
• Chevy Impala Tubular Radiator Support Braces
• Moog Front/Rear Polyurethane Sway Bar End Links
• KYB AGX Adjustable Struts
• Vogtland Sport Suspension 1.3” Lowering Springs
• Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Engine Cradle Bushings & Lower Control Arms
• Centerline Monsoon Series Storm 17”x7” Hi-Polished Forged Aluminum Wheels
• General Exclaim UHP 245/45/ZR17 Tires
• Chevy C5 Corvette Dual Piston Front Brake Calipers
• Chevy Camaro 12” Front Brake Rotor Setup Upgrade
• EBC Ultimax BlackDash USR Slotted Front/Rear Brake Rotors
• Goodridge G-Stop Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses
• Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Brake Pedal Upgrade
• Professionally Detailed by Angel Hernandez of Manny's Detailing @ Home
• SLP Performance Spoiler & Dual Exhaust Tip Fascia Inserts
• 20% Window Tint
• GM Regal Mud Flaps
• HID 4300K Head Lights & Fog Lights
• Sylvania Silverstar Turn Signal Bulbs
• HP Tuners VCM Suite Pro PCM Tuner
• Lotek A-Pillar 3 Gauge Mount Holder
• Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauges
• Prosport Wideband A/F Ratio Gauge.
• PLX Devices Wideband Controller/Sensor
• Peripheral iPhone/iPod Interface
Best Track Times @ Atco Raceway NJ
• 1/4 = 14.594 @ 93.49mph on Street Tires 2.189 60 Foot
• 1/4 = 13.115 @ 106.08mph on Street Tires 2.120 60 Foot
• 1/4 = 13.003 @ 108.31mph on Street Tires 2.150 60 Foot
• 1/4 = 12.994 @ 107.82mph on Street Tires 2.118 60 Foot
• 1/4 = 12.900 @ 109.91mph on Street Tires 2.166 60 Foot
Dyno Performance Runs
11/26/08 @ Import DPS Philly Pa:
10/25/09 @ Sloppy Mechanics Allentown Pa:
10/24/10 @ Sloppy Mechanics Allentown Pa:
I will be making updates to what I do to the car over time in farther down posts. Just scroll down below to see the progress unfold.
Edited by LS5454SS, 18 February 2017 - 06:42 AM.