LS5454SS's / GeforceXtreme's Supercharged 2000 Buick Regal GSE
Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:35 AM
Being I haven't been back to the track this year since May and ran some horrible times I wanted to try to make up for it before the 2010 season was over.
A few of the guys and I went over to Atco and honestly there was no one there. If I wanted to I think I could have ran like 20+ times last night if I just kept going.
This time around I was on a 2.8 pulley, 11.7 AFR, 17* timing, street tires, and 93 pump gas.
I made a total of 7 runs last night:
1st Run = 13.216 @ 109.03mph with a 2.361 60ft
2nd Run = 12.900 @ 109.91mph with a 2.166 60ft (Fastest 1/4 Run to Date in Car)
3rd Run = 13.475 @ 109.10mph with a 2.479 60ft
4th Run = 13.374 @ 110.01mph with a 2.467 60ft (Fastest Trap Speed to Date in Car)
5th Run = 13.108 @ 109.00mph with a 2.283 60ft
6th Run = 13.147 @ 109.03mph with a 2.347 60ft
7th Run = 13.009 @ 109.84mph with a 2.281 60ft
So I ran my fastest time and fastest trap last night which was pretty cool. If I ever want to run any faster I am certainly going to need to get some DR’s or slicks to get the power to the ground to lower my 60 foot times.
Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:36 AM
Updated my member's journal a bit by posting the dyno video of my car back in Oct.
Also a few weeks ago with the help of my detailing buddy Manny we prepared my car to be stored away for the winter. We cleaned it up and put a fresh coat of wax on her. Threw the car cover back on the car and that's it for 2010. Won't be much going on with the car till next year. If I wasn't saving my pennies for a future home, I be planning the next level of mods for the car for 2010. So just plan to enjoy the car for what it is and into the far future.
Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:25 AM
- change strut dampening
- install chrome Buick Lacrosse 17's
- lube up all the dry suspension components
- fix caliper / wheel after bracket came lose
- replace front and rear pads, lube all components and replace hardware
- new HD water pump
- oversized radiator
- older style fan install
- install aluminum elbows
- replace heater hoses
- replace radiator hoses
- replace mufflers (take off ZZCrap and install Magaflow...couldn't hold a conversation in the car @ 45mph...)
- replace resonator (take off leaking ZZCrap Whisper Resonator and install a Magnaflow)
- replace flex (take off leaking ZZCrap and install a Vibrant)
- fix header leaks / cracked rear header
- insulate rubbing IC hoses and wires
- activate performance shift in the PCM again, do a trans tune for the street
- replace Ipod connection with an aux connection
- install newer cluster backing / wood grain dash
- reposition PRJ fuel line so it's not hitting the blower
- insulate JBM intake so it doesn't hit fender
- install new wires
- winter proof preemptive paint work on radiator support and rear wheel seams and welds
- install a voltage regulator to decrease voltage going to all of the gauges
- install a new wideband gauge (old one went bad...)
- custom install a Desert Fox transmission cooler, bypassing the OEM cooler
Surprisingly, I had my work cut out for me with the car...which I was not expecting. Hopefully the car will last a while. The car made it back and forth from the W-Body meet last year in Michigan and, in my opinion, showed very well . I'll post more updates and pictures when I have time.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users