Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dezldave961 : (29 July 2020 - 04:06 AM)

Just became a moderator on 3800Pro, so that's fun. I know it's gone thru a couple hands since Intense got sold, then that guy sold the forum. Not sure what that'll help, but it's something.

@  ejguillot : (26 July 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Glad to hear it. Would be a tragedy for us remaining owners to lose the knowledge in these forums.

@  dezldave961 : (12 July 2020 - 01:55 AM)

Hosted a buddy and his family for cookout... Ya, not alot on forums lately. Just keeping the lights on.

@  ejguillot : (08 July 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Everyone have a good 4th? This place is a ghost town...

@  ejguillot : (10 May 2020 - 10:43 PM)

Sweet!

@  dezldave961 : (07 May 2020 - 04:14 PM)

Got bored and started making build video...

@  dezldave961 : (04 May 2020 - 04:05 AM)

I need to hunt down the little black trim bar that's at the top edge of the GS rocker panel cover, for driver's side between rear door and wheel well.

@  ejguillot : (03 May 2020 - 02:42 AM)

I've been on there too. I hope this forum is kept open, there's too much info to allow it to be lost!

@  dezldave961 : (24 April 2020 - 10:25 PM)

I've been monitoring GrandPrixForums and 3800Pro (don't have FB)... also hopped on TurboBuick, but 99% GN chatter from boomers

@  ejguillot : (19 April 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Everyone at home, plenty of free time.

@  ejguillot : (19 April 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Nobody posting? Why not?

@  ejguillot : (27 March 2020 - 05:19 PM)

Congrats on the Comp G GTP!

@  crossout : (25 March 2020 - 05:49 PM)

Wow this thing has died off I just myself 05 Comp G 3 weeks ago way different than my 2000 regal gs that I had it rusted out to hell strunt towers. :D :D

@  dezldave961 : (20 March 2020 - 04:18 PM)

Pulled turbo engine, prepping MP112 setup... also doing some work-from-home stuff

@  tpivette : (19 March 2020 - 08:57 PM)

So far so good. Still working, fortunately.

@  ejguillot : (16 March 2020 - 03:46 PM)

how's everyone doing? With coronavirus and all that?

@  tpivette : (25 February 2020 - 02:35 AM)

Just got my GS back on the road. Wife is pressuring me to sell it... don't know if I want to or not

@  monte0 : (17 February 2020 - 05:04 AM)

Popped on to see how things are. Been a couple years...

@  ejguillot : (14 January 2020 - 10:36 PM)

Hope the new year is treating everyone well..

@  ejguillot : (16 December 2019 - 01:55 AM)

Hi all. Decade is coming to a close... I'm feeling a little old!

Photo

2002 Regal GS Joseph Abboud Edition

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts
  • LocationMountain Dale, NY 12763
  • First Name:
    Ed

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image
Green one was the donated one I sold and replaced with that white one..
I always wanted to be into fast cars but new NOTHING about them.. I had a 15 second eclipse and thought it was fast.... Well my mother had a 99 regal gse that she gave me with 250K miles on it and i was instantly hooked.
I just didnt want to mod a car with that kind of miles and she always drove it with 87 octane.

Posted Image
The day I bought it.
Let the shopping begin, I joined the club and read about regals etc and decided I had to have a GSX or JA.
I had liek a 5-6K budget and could not find a 03 or 04 and I wanted it to be from a dealer (I dont know why next time I wouldnt) so with my budget 2002 was about all I would get. I ended up finding a White JA with two tone leather and was instantly hooked. The two tone is marvelous andthe joseph abboud I think is harder to clone and either way I had larger aspirations than simple GSX mods so JA was perfect for me.
87,000 miles ZERO rust florida old lady car with rubber undercoating and perfect body interior. She must have been a widow because the rear and passenger seats have never been sat in.

FIRST MOD some local CGPer met me one day and donated a drop in KN filter... Remember I am new to cars so I decided plugs would be next. OMG you have to ratchet forward the motor or do some weird ebrake trick this is way over my head hahaha...
Second MOD I bought AL 104s and 180 Tstat, finally did plugs myself but could not touch TSTAT way to scary and possibly messy (What if I do it wrong).
Ok I am now hooked I must must must get faster. I decided on headers and I wanted the best so i found a great set of SLPs from Oakleafresin and they arrived ceramic coated and beautiful. (I was pretty scared paypaling a lot of money to stranger but he was great).Ok now that they arrived how the F&^k will I install these. In walks BillBoost into my life. He says he will help and he isnt to far, but do I want to let some stranger touch my car. I askedh im things like well what if you strip a bolt how can u be prepared to handle that... lol Little did I know he is the Chuck Norris of 3800s.
Posted Image
So first trip to Bills house. I purchase a 3.4, mps from Bill install headers which went very smooth (dropped cradle a touch), swapped to K&N HAI Cone I had found cheap like $15 bucks. We spoke at length about tuning and dangers of not tuning and need for better brakes and all the cool mods to come. Bill is a super nice guy and upon meeting me let me borrow his aeroforce nad drive 2 hours home with it for a few weeks. On the way home an older vette mouths to his girl watch this and she looks over smiling at me ready to see me get embarrassed.... Little did they know - he punches it I punch it we are neck and neck from 45 -80 by 90 im infront a little nad he slows WAY DOWN - she looks completely shocked and confused. I AM HOOKED... I slow down and F&^k with them for 10 more minutes and they wont break eye contact with the road in front of them haha did I mention I am hooked.

So I purchase an areoforce since Bill has been so kind and I kind of borrowed it longer than I should have he was understanding..

Next mods 12 inch brakes, aeroforce, and I am thining about a shelf tune... oh yea managed to get upper poly mounts for free form a WBS special and picked up two STBs at the same time (installed the back my self with a dremel - very proud).
Since I am still afraid of car work back to Bills for brakes and a special treat which requires an overnight stay. Met a few guys while there working on their cars one I think did a gen V swap and was quite pleased. We got to my car late but I learned to do brakes while doing it, and the special treat we installed a Head Up Display from a bonneville. At this point I switched guage pod form apillar to hud attachment also. I also bought a few dif intakes (3 or 4) and settled on wizair
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
So now I head home and slowly into the winter.
MOD List:
3.4 pulley (3.5 in winter), WizAired, SLP Headers, Aeroforce, 12"brakes, Poly mounts, STBs

I spent the winter buying and selling some parts getting very familiar with the pricing things go for on different sites and making a few hundred every month. On a personal note I now change brakes oil tranny fluid etc etc on all my cars and family cars and some friends.

Edited by TeacherCreature, 05 September 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#2 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  • First Name:
    Ed

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Over the long winter I had to replace SLP flex with reinforced cause it leaked nad I blew out a muffler an had to replace it.
I bought an HPT Tuner and started to mess and did a TON of reading (2 hours a night for months).
After i got decent I did help some closer members out with tunes and I think by the ned of the year I was decent and had tuned 6 or 7 wbodys.

I bought HIDs for fogs and low beams from DDM.
Posted Image
Bought a Hogan 3inch catback with flomaster muffler which I later blew out!
Posted Image
Switched intakes again to a Fenderwell that I made.
Did some racing and started attendinfg two local car shows every week and really learning about many dif cars and platforms.
Posted Image
Installed a Bass box in the trunk and added some ricer red wire loom and paitned my stb and brackets red to match. (lol)
Posted Image
Put on Black eclipse GSX rims that are in my signature.
Posted Image

Edited by TeacherCreature, 05 September 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#3 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  • First Name:
    Ed

page 3

#4 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  • First Name:
    Ed

page 4

#5 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  • First Name:
    Ed

page 5

#6 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  • First Name:
    Ed

page 6

#7 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  • First Name:
    Ed

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

You have to throw in the part where you got a speeding ticket and couldn't understand why the board didn't back your logic on why you shouldn't have gotten one. That was priceless.

My point was not that I should not have gotten one. I was upset that the police officer lied to me. I dont think that police officers should be allowed to lie to people even while investigating a crime. In fact I would go as far as to say I dont think that any authority figure should be permitted to lie. The board was all upset cause they misunderstood my point and nothing more.

but on a more serious note this is my application for flagship thread so your totally derailing it can you alter it to be on topic please.

Edited by TeacherCreature, 05 September 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#8 Crazyguy03

Crazyguy03

Official RegalGS.org Flagship Car Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,656 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

I have a 99 gsx. i think all dsm's are 5x114.3... i think. So I can swap my Regal GSX wheels for my Eclipse GSX 17s?!

#9 Loly

Loly

SHUTURPIEHOLE

• Members
  • 2,166 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ontario, CANADA
  • First Name:
    Gy

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

My point was not that I should not have gotten one. I was upset that the police officer lied to me. I dont think that police officers should be allowed to lie to people even while investigating a crime. In fact I would go as far as to say I dont think that any authority figure should be permitted to lie. The board was all upset cause they misunderstood my point and nothing more.

but on a more serious note this is my application for flagship thread so your totally derailing it can you alter it to be on topic please.

Okay I can do that as derailing your entry was not my intent, it was a great story and it definately summed up your quest for your "I must must go faster" quote on page one. Previous post edited and deleted.

Edited by Loly, 05 September 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#10 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  • First Name:
    Ed

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

Yes the DSM rims will bolt up but you will need wheel spacers... I ahve a set I would gladly sell.... I also went with different lug nut style cause with the spacers I had little left to thread so I got summit racing ones that went deeper.

#11 lafenatu

lafenatu

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • First Name:
    Rob

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

looks really nice :D

Edited by lafenatu, 09 September 2011 - 10:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )