Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  BlackBetty : (31 October 2014 - 10:23 PM) Ok will do
@  RegalTraveler : (31 October 2014 - 02:48 AM) Eh, I don't know anything about replacing the wire or the dash piece. Just guessing, but Dash sounds like more of a pain and higher probability of making an oops that you have to look at everyday. Can you run a temp cable from the sensor to where it terminates (or maybe vampire tap a temp wire to it at both ends) to see if it corrects the problem? I'd rather test that connection before tearing up the dash and replacing electronics. But that's just me.
@  keithr182 : (30 October 2014 - 09:46 PM) Tough call. I'd go with swaybars if you want a noticeable difference. Intake if you want more of a sound difference. But for me when I did sways and downpipe at the same time, it was an awesome upgrade.
@  Tobias05 : (30 October 2014 - 08:52 PM) Already own a DP, so with the sways I could install that too...
@  Tobias05 : (30 October 2014 - 08:51 PM) GMPP sway bars, or JMB intake?
@  RoadMonster : (30 October 2014 - 06:35 PM) you can guy performed 90 degree heater hose to avoid the belts
@  keithr182 : (30 October 2014 - 05:48 PM) Does anyone have any tips on routing intercooler hoses? I want to make sure they don't contact the belts, and it seems everyone has a slightly different setup.
@  Murphinator : (30 October 2014 - 02:46 AM) AARP bolts huh ? those must be old guy bolts ha ha
@  Crazyguy03 : (29 October 2014 - 04:48 PM) Got them AARP bolts installed
@  BlackBetty : (29 October 2014 - 05:29 AM) yes that is the sensor.. i did read about the wire due to the path it travels under the battery. I just wanted to know if replacing the dash piece for 30-50 bucks would solve it vs having to rewire or trace that. ill admit that would be a real PITA for me
@  RegalTraveler : (29 October 2014 - 03:00 AM) Hrmm.. I had that thermostat issue a few years ago. Sux b/c it affects the A/C since it already thinks it's balls cold out. I'd half wonder if it's not the sensor itself, but a faulty wire? Also, the ambient sensor you refer to, is that the one in front of the radiator? That's the one I had to swap.
@  Froman003 : (25 October 2014 - 07:32 PM) eliminated the extra baffles and plastic behind the headlight to allow more airflow through the filter
@  BlackBetty : (24 October 2014 - 02:26 AM) what did you do to the air box?
@  Froman003 : (23 October 2014 - 11:32 PM) Brake uprgrade and air box gut finished!! what a difference!!
@  BlackBetty : (23 October 2014 - 07:55 PM) if my climate control displays 50F at all times does that mean its bad and i need a new one? Ive gone thru 3 ambient temp sensors and no luck fixing it
@  BlackBetty : (21 October 2014 - 10:06 PM) lol at the milkshake song
@  kdubb : (21 October 2014 - 06:28 PM) Nvm. I don't need a pulley puller lol
@  kdubb : (21 October 2014 - 05:32 PM) Do i need a pulley puller for the p/s pump, if i need to move it out of the way, to replace the water pump?..98 gs
@  Frank : (21 October 2014 - 03:12 PM) lol
@  marcleach75 : (21 October 2014 - 01:11 PM) Thanks, I needed that.

Photo
- - - - -

Lowering springs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Iroc313

Iroc313

All the Basic Mods

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

In the near future I'd like to do some lowering springs and eventually some nice shocks on the Regal.

Any tips or things I should look out for? Would lowering springs destroy my stock shocks? And I'd have to get shorter dog bones right?

Edited by Iroc313, 10 November 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#2 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Lowering won't destroy your stock shocks, but unless they are really new, you'll want to replace them when you do the springs. You'll need an alignment so better to do it all at once instead of two alignments (one for the spring install and another one later for the strut install.)

Motor mount spacers (like Vinnie spacers from CGP) are a better solution than shorter dog bones. Shorter dog bones put strain on your down pipe flex section and tilt the engine forward. Not sure if internal oiling is affected by tilting. The spacers simply raise the drive train up, almost to its original geometry.

#3 Crazyguy03

Crazyguy03

Official RegalGS.org Flagship Car Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Stock struts wont be able to dampen the lower after market spring. You can do it , but how long you or your strut can live with it will 2 days or 2 years.

#4 Mrsarcastis

Mrsarcastis

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • First Name:
    Aaron

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

I'm gonna be in the market for some lowering springs here before summer. I hear Vogtland (GMPP) springs are the way to go. I'm gonna be using KYB GR2 struts. I really want that raked look with the front lower than the rear.

#5 BadAzzRegalGSX

BadAzzRegalGSX

Been through more than 1 Transmission

• Members
  • 3,114 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee,Wi
  • First Name:
    Brian

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

I have DNA springs and GR2's and have had no problems at all and have that raked look too!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by BadAzzRegalGS, 11 November 2011 - 12:29 AM.

#6 Crazyguy03

Crazyguy03

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

That's my best choice right there!
Vogtlands on gr2s

Edited by Crazyguy03, 11 November 2011 - 03:01 AM.

#7 HEAVYKEVY

HEAVYKEVY

600+HP...finally made 11's!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8,325 posts
  • LocationWheaton IL
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

If you can find a good deal, I'd definitely recommend some Koni adj AGX struts if you get performance springs, but if you are going strictly for lowering for looks and trying to keep a comfy ride, get the KYBs

#8 98regalls

98regalls

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationPoughkeepsie, New York
  • First Name:
    Phil

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

i never thought a pogo bouncy ride was comfortable... thats what u get with gr-2's. unless you drive on roads made for the gods, the ride gets old. u need agx's to make it worth while. 2 front 4 rear is what mine was set up with. rode awesome but still with a heavy system and more then 1 passenger the car still bounced more then i wanted on the highway. im stock springs/gr-2s police sways and more happy then any other setup thats the ultimate in handling/comfort for our cars.

#9 Iroc313

Iroc313

All the Basic Mods

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I love the way the car rides, I'd just like it to turn in a little better. Now that I have some idea's it's time to start saving.

I also want to put a better tire on this thing.

Edited by Iroc313, 14 November 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#10 djlamp14

djlamp14

• Members
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationGrand Meadow, MN
  • First Name:
    Robert

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

AGX's and vogtlands here. Along with other handling upgrades. The car handles like its on rails. Now I'm thinking of selling the vogtlangs and retrofitting the AGX's to turn them into coilovers. I need moar low.

#11 OH2LS

OH2LS

Member of PDX Club GS

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  • LocationTigard Oregon

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

AGX's and vogtlands here. Along with other handling upgrades. The car handles like its on rails. Now I'm thinking of selling the vogtlangs and retrofitting the AGX's to turn them into coilovers. I need moar low.

You need moar low, I need your Vogtlands. Keep me in mind when you're ready.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )