Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  BlackBetty : (02 March 2015 - 06:00 AM) grrrr wrong box (face palm)
@  BlackBetty : (02 March 2015 - 06:00 AM) front end noise
@  Sapias Lupus : (02 March 2015 - 12:51 AM) Just surface though thank god, anyone have a clue what I can cover it with?
@  Sapias Lupus : (02 March 2015 - 12:51 AM) Car is essentially rust free other than a little on the struts and minimal on the frame, pretty pissed though found a spot of peeling paint with rust under it about 1x2 on my rear quarter D:
@  ChrisL : (01 March 2015 - 09:11 PM) never mind, found one.
@  ChrisL : (01 March 2015 - 08:29 PM) anyone have a picture of how the PCM is positioned in the airbox?
@  Crazyguy03 : (27 February 2015 - 09:21 PM) u need another one or is that mesg old?
@  kdubb : (26 February 2015 - 12:42 AM) just wondering if anyone has a carfax available, to check a vin# for me
@  kdubb : (26 February 2015 - 12:41 AM) hey guys. as some of you may know, I helped some guys out with carfax reports for free when I had some to use.
@  gojo83 : (25 February 2015 - 10:21 PM) Its a very nice set and it is my ex fiancee's FSMs that she doesnt want anymore. she went to the dark side and got a ferd
@  OhMyGS : (25 February 2015 - 08:28 PM) gojo - that's about as good of a deal you will find, depending on condition & shipping
@  BlackBetty : (24 February 2015 - 08:18 PM) yea my bulbs from ddm came shipped from china.. took forever to clear customs but once it got to CA it was just a day to AZ. they work great and I support their prices. also picked up led's for the dash and interior. looks great
@  gojo83 : (24 February 2015 - 06:39 PM) What is the going rate for a FSM? I can snag a 3 book set for 50. Deal or no deal
@  TIMS87GN : (24 February 2015 - 12:55 AM) down pipe
@  99RegalClone : (23 February 2015 - 04:11 AM) i already have SMD leds inside the car, rear plate light, reverse lights and the side maker lights, that light up to help you see when turning
@  99RegalClone : (23 February 2015 - 04:10 AM) i know, i loved the 6K on centuregal...
@  Crazyguy03 : (23 February 2015 - 03:41 AM) You're gonna love em. Whole new look inside and out
@  99RegalClone : (23 February 2015 - 03:40 AM) i cant wait to get my new lights installed in my grand marquis
@  99RegalClone : (23 February 2015 - 03:38 AM) its all good man
@  Crazyguy03 : (23 February 2015 - 03:36 AM) Sorry about the video. Thought it would have been a link not a 10' x 10' video in chat!

Photo
- - - - -

Dash light flash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Geojb

Geojb

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • LocationAngola, NY
  • First Name:
    George

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

OK need a conformation here.
This happens irregularly. No correlation to hitting bumps or any thing else.

On the dash, I'll get the full "Christmas lights", reset the gages and the Ding, ding, ding..... Then back to normal. Car stays running. ( crosses fingers as panic sets in )

It's just started doing this, this past week, Maybe once or twice a day.

Bad Battery connection?
or.
Ignition switch / key tumbler?

I don't remember which.

Who has "fixed this" Ign. switch by spraying contact/Maf cleaner in there?

#2 Wildcat

Wildcat

All the Basic Mods

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • First Name:
    Paul

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Exactly what mine did when the ignition switch went out. I have not done the cleaning myself (just the replacement), but there is at least one good article here (or a link to clubgp) that goes through the clean up routine.
I have taken one apart though, and will say that you do need to take care. Even though the parts are all relatively large (as compared to a watch?), but are finicky enough that you would want to have steady hands and a good memory for where they all go. Or take pictures as you go.

But the symptom is definitely the same as my switch. It really would rear up when I would use the turn signal switch, and only killed the engine after it had been doing it for a few weeks.
On the other hand, my '03 LS gave no prior warning when it went out and just literally died out of the blue going down the freeway. Oddly enough, when the GS finally gave out I was going down the freeway too. I guess it just "knows" when you're in an awkward spot.

Paul

#3 Geojb

Geojb

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • LocationAngola, NY
  • First Name:
    George

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks, thats what I was afraid of.......

#4 dmon901

dmon901

Supra-Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn NY
  • First Name:
    Dee

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Did this happen before you did your extensive engine work? I would check all my grounds and power feeds before I condemn an ignition switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )