Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  glendayle : (28 July 2014 - 08:06 AM) can fix any cluster with the bad readout for like $10
@  glendayle : (28 July 2014 - 08:05 AM) super easy fix. read the DIY
@  Frostflowz : (28 July 2014 - 04:47 AM) My cluster in my gs has an issue with the mpg readout area..... went to a yard today and grabbed a new one. The MPG area works, but the odo doesn't, heh, super gay.
@  RegalTraveler : (27 July 2014 - 10:39 PM) Interesting to know. But overall I like my 98 better than my dads 200x Regal. I feel the interior components are significantly better than the later years.
@  Crazyguy03 : (26 July 2014 - 09:34 PM) soo if anyone cares, the 97-98 have different orifice tubes for the AC then the 99-04 WTF
@  Dankster : (26 July 2014 - 08:15 PM) the motor and trans are solid
@  Dankster : (26 July 2014 - 08:14 PM) anyone wanna buy my crappy gs?
@  Dankster : (26 July 2014 - 08:14 PM) sups
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 06:07 PM) Fuse was part of the issue. I think the diode on the harness may be backward. Time to hop over to another forum.
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:50 PM) v---- Ignore that. Not a search box. =)
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:49 PM) hi beam fuse
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:39 PM) Could just be a bad wire somewhere in the car, but I'm guessing I blew something testing out my correctional harness.
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:35 PM) Just found out that the hi-beam light I'm getting the feed from just doesn't work. Swapped left/right assemblies and the assembly works on the other side. Anyone know if there is a high-beam fuse specific to driverside or passenger side?
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 05:34 PM) Interesting one. Working on my H1 retrofit and trying to figure out why the projectors aren't activating when my brights are on.
@  glendayle : (26 July 2014 - 04:02 PM) Yeah FB is killing it. Too many people that want an immediate answer and don't want to research or anything.
@  RegalTraveler : (26 July 2014 - 02:53 AM) It's probably not as active. Most of these Regals have probably been killed or sold off. Heck, my Regal is 16 years old already. The remaining fresh arrivals at the junkyard are abused inside and out (I really don't know how people abuse their interiors so bad).
@  Rainman21 : (26 July 2014 - 01:15 AM) but maybe its just me
@  Rainman21 : (26 July 2014 - 01:15 AM) This forum don't seem as active as it was years ago.
@  RegalTraveler : (24 July 2014 - 01:54 AM) What's wrong with your Torque?
@  EnderDRM : (24 July 2014 - 01:43 AM) I'm looking for some help with the Torque app. anyone?

Photo
- - - - -

Dash light flash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Geojb

Geojb

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4585 posts
  • LocationAngola, NY
  • First Name:
    George

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

OK need a conformation here.
This happens irregularly. No correlation to hitting bumps or any thing else.

On the dash, I'll get the full "Christmas lights", reset the gages and the Ding, ding, ding..... Then back to normal. Car stays running. ( crosses fingers as panic sets in )

It's just started doing this, this past week, Maybe once or twice a day.

Bad Battery connection?
or.
Ignition switch / key tumbler?

I don't remember which.

Who has "fixed this" Ign. switch by spraying contact/Maf cleaner in there?

#2 Wildcat

Wildcat

All the Basic Mods

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • First Name:
    Paul

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Exactly what mine did when the ignition switch went out. I have not done the cleaning myself (just the replacement), but there is at least one good article here (or a link to clubgp) that goes through the clean up routine.
I have taken one apart though, and will say that you do need to take care. Even though the parts are all relatively large (as compared to a watch?), but are finicky enough that you would want to have steady hands and a good memory for where they all go. Or take pictures as you go.

But the symptom is definitely the same as my switch. It really would rear up when I would use the turn signal switch, and only killed the engine after it had been doing it for a few weeks.
On the other hand, my '03 LS gave no prior warning when it went out and just literally died out of the blue going down the freeway. Oddly enough, when the GS finally gave out I was going down the freeway too. I guess it just "knows" when you're in an awkward spot.

Paul

#3 Geojb

Geojb

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4585 posts
  • LocationAngola, NY
  • First Name:
    George

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks, thats what I was afraid of.......

#4 dmon901

dmon901

Supra-Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • 2044 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn NY
  • First Name:
    Dee

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Did this happen before you did your extensive engine work? I would check all my grounds and power feeds before I condemn an ignition switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )