Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  sky72lark : (07 August 2020 - 12:38 AM)

:orcs-buttshake:

@  dezldave961 : (29 July 2020 - 04:06 AM)

Just became a moderator on 3800Pro, so that's fun. I know it's gone thru a couple hands since Intense got sold, then that guy sold the forum. Not sure what that'll help, but it's something.

@  ejguillot : (26 July 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Glad to hear it. Would be a tragedy for us remaining owners to lose the knowledge in these forums.

@  dezldave961 : (12 July 2020 - 01:55 AM)

Hosted a buddy and his family for cookout... Ya, not alot on forums lately. Just keeping the lights on.

@  ejguillot : (08 July 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Everyone have a good 4th? This place is a ghost town...

@  ejguillot : (10 May 2020 - 10:43 PM)

Sweet!

@  dezldave961 : (07 May 2020 - 04:14 PM)

Got bored and started making build video...

@  dezldave961 : (04 May 2020 - 04:05 AM)

I need to hunt down the little black trim bar that's at the top edge of the GS rocker panel cover, for driver's side between rear door and wheel well.

@  ejguillot : (03 May 2020 - 02:42 AM)

I've been on there too. I hope this forum is kept open, there's too much info to allow it to be lost!

@  dezldave961 : (24 April 2020 - 10:25 PM)

I've been monitoring GrandPrixForums and 3800Pro (don't have FB)... also hopped on TurboBuick, but 99% GN chatter from boomers

@  ejguillot : (19 April 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Everyone at home, plenty of free time.

@  ejguillot : (19 April 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Nobody posting? Why not?

@  ejguillot : (27 March 2020 - 05:19 PM)

Congrats on the Comp G GTP!

@  crossout : (25 March 2020 - 05:49 PM)

Wow this thing has died off I just myself 05 Comp G 3 weeks ago way different than my 2000 regal gs that I had it rusted out to hell strunt towers. :D :D

@  dezldave961 : (20 March 2020 - 04:18 PM)

Pulled turbo engine, prepping MP112 setup... also doing some work-from-home stuff

@  tpivette : (19 March 2020 - 08:57 PM)

So far so good. Still working, fortunately.

@  ejguillot : (16 March 2020 - 03:46 PM)

how's everyone doing? With coronavirus and all that?

@  tpivette : (25 February 2020 - 02:35 AM)

Just got my GS back on the road. Wife is pressuring me to sell it... don't know if I want to or not

@  monte0 : (17 February 2020 - 05:04 AM)

Popped on to see how things are. Been a couple years...

@  ejguillot : (14 January 2020 - 10:36 PM)

Hope the new year is treating everyone well..

Photo
- - - - -

Thinking of buying SSACs? DON'T!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 97 park ave

97 park ave

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationDuluth, MN
  • First Name:
    Tyler

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Hey everyone, I just got some "SSAC" headers yesterday in the mail. While I'm typing my rant I figured I would see if anyone has had any problems with them lately.

#2 glendayle

glendayle

Been through more than 1 Transmission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts
  • LocationSLC, UT
  • First Name:
    Clint

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

What kind of problems? I ordered mine a few months back. THere was a little issue with their ordering system, but after I talked to Rich on the phone everything was good.

#3 97 park ave

97 park ave

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationDuluth, MN
  • First Name:
    Tyler

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

I remember there being a thread on here about having to send your order to SSAC via PayPal , with the order description in the comments on PayPal. That's what I ended up doing last week when I placed an order with them, they promptly took my money and the package was shipped the next day. The scheduled arrival date was April 2nd, and it arrived on April 2nd. Everything was gravy, until I opened the box. I didn't even take half of the parts out of the box and I was already heated. I'm sure I don't have to post what REAL SSACs look like as you all know, so I'll show you what arrived at my house yesterday:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you haven't caught it already, here are some close ups of the main parts that will not work:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Look familiar? Like maybe the POS OBX headers on eBay?
Posted Image

So I sent them a nice e-mail yesterday, pictures included, and asked that they make it right or refund my money, woke up this morning to no reply. E-mailed them again this morning saying that I have been nice enough to not put this issue out all over the 3800 community, and that I may be forced to if they aren't wling to take care of their customers.
After that I decided to do some research. I stopped home on my lunch break and got any useful information off of the packing label that I could. Here's what I had to work with:
Customer Service
Kidult Garden
16716 E Johnson Dr.
City of Industry, CA 91748

And then this number: (626)-598-0113

When I got back to work I skimmed through SSACs site to try to find any kind of address or some sort of way to contact them other than the e-mail I tried twice already. The only thing they list is a FAX number, so I tried faxing them from work. You guessed it, it didn't go through, the number is no good.

After that I decided I would try the number that I posted above from the packing label, I figured it would either be a number for FedEx or SSAC, but here's where I almost went through the roof.
I called the number and a guy answered on the other end that had quite the accent that I could barely even understand. I asked if I was speaking to FedEx or SSAutoChrome, and he replied with an answer I couldn't understand. I asked again what company I was speaking to, and he replied "this is eBay customer service".
EBAY!
Did they really take my $250 and send me an eBay set of OBX headers for half the price?!?!

I e-mailed SSAC for the third time immediately after I got off the phone. Said I know what they did and they need to fix it NOW, before I post this on all the 3800 boards, report them to the BBB, and if it comes down to it I will be involving a lawyer.
Stage one is in effect, starting with this board.
Still haven't heard anything from them, and believe me I am pissed.
I have tomorrow off and was going to begin the tear down, well now that I don't have headers who knows how long it will be before this gets fixed and I can start my build.
/rant

Anyone ever hear of anything like this happening?

#4 glendayle

glendayle

Been through more than 1 Transmission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts
  • LocationSLC, UT
  • First Name:
    Clint

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

PM me if you want Rich's phone number. A real one that works. Just don't tell him where you got it. FWIW, I think that the SSACs are the same as all the cheap headers being sold on ebay. Obviously there have been a couple of different iterations of the collector. It wouldnt' surprise me if they are acquired from the same wholesaler out of China or whatever.

Edited by glendayle, 04 April 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#5 wanted.regal

wanted.regal

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationPort Huron
  • First Name:
    Brian

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

thats weird. i ordered my set a year ago with no problems.

#6 97 park ave

97 park ave

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationDuluth, MN
  • First Name:
    Tyler

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

PM me if you want Rich's phone number. A real one that works. Just don't tell him where you got it. FWIW, I think that the SSACs are the same as all the cheap headers being sold on ebay. Obviously there have been a couple of different iterations of the collector. It wouldnt' surprise me if they are acquired from the same wholesaler out of China or whatever.

Yea I wasn't expecting gold or anything, just what everyone else has been getting for the past year or 2. Instead I got a nice set of OBXs... :rolleyes:

#7 TeacherCreature

TeacherCreature

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  • LocationMountain Dale, NY 12763
  • First Name:
    Ed

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

What is the url to the site your ordered from perhaps u accidentally oredered from a obx vendor ?
that sucks man

#8 Styxonice

Styxonice

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationsouthwest Mi

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

YES!! This is exactly what I got from them last week when they finally shipped my order!

I figured I might as well give them a shot because they're still 3" pipes where they come together. I would have no complaints if they actually fit, but they don't. The crossover pipe is pretty screwed up.

Posted Image
Posted Image

You can see I tried to cut them up a bit to make them fit, but they're still not fitting right. Tomorrow I'll be out with a torch to try and get more of a bend on the front collector so it actually has clearance over the transmission.

I don't know if these are actually obx headers since they have a 3" downpipe and obx's have a 2.5", and the front manifold doesn't have an egr spot like the obx one's do. Either way though, these are not the slp/speed daddy type of headers they used to sell. I'd stay away if I were you.

I'm extremely disappointed.

#9 Zef_66

Zef_66

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I found this info on their website: http://www.ssautochr...omerservice.htm

CONTACT INFORMATION:

SSAutoChrome Inc.
5012 Swisswood Drive
Raleigh, NC 27613-7012

1-800-957-0644 Toll Free
1-919-845-0997 Fax Order Line

Open
Monday - Saturday 8:00a.m - 10:00p.m

Department E-mail Contact:

Customer Service: customersupport@ssautochrome.com
Product Inquiry : info@ssautochrome.com
SSAutoChrome Comment Form:
Email us at Info@ssautochrome.com

#10 Zef_66

Zef_66

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

I found this info on their website: http://www.ssautochr...omerservice.htm

CONTACT INFORMATION:

SSAutoChrome Inc.
5012 Swisswood Drive
Raleigh, NC 27613-7012

1-800-957-0644 Toll Free
1-919-845-0997 Fax Order Line

Open
Monday - Saturday 8:00a.m - 10:00p.m

Department E-mail Contact:

Customer Service: customersupport@ssautochrome.com
Product Inquiry : info@ssautochrome.com
SSAutoChrome Comment Form:
Email us at Info@ssautochrome.com

#11 Zef_66

Zef_66

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Well, for some reason this forum won't let me post the contact info I found. Whatever...

Maybe it will work if I just post the link?

http://www.ssautochr...omerservice.htm

#12 Zef_66

Zef_66

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Can I post just the phone number? 1-800-957-0644

#13 97 park ave

97 park ave

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationDuluth, MN
  • First Name:
    Tyler

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Finally hopefully getting somewhere, the number I got from glendayle last night worked and I actually talked to someone. I explained my issue and also told him how people on 3800pro are having to torch the crossover to bend it so it will fit. He said he was unaware of any changes to the headers or the crossover problems and told me to send an email with pics. I am waiting on a reply now hopefully they'll fix this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )