Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  WildGS : (12 July 2017 - 04:11 AM)

You are making me do things....I need to spend time on stupid car stuff

@  Marchi1 : (12 July 2017 - 02:35 AM)

How is everyone doing tonight?

@  scottydoggs98 : (09 July 2017 - 12:52 PM)

some of the 99 pcms will work take a 01 bin, those you can change the vin # ive found.

@  scottydoggs98 : (09 July 2017 - 12:50 PM)

the vin is kept in the pcm, you cant change the vin @ with dhp on 01 up cars, so if you use a the cars pcm with dhp it will retain the cars vin#. so if you flash a new bin to the pcm, its vin stays put.

@  RacingRegal36 : (08 July 2017 - 11:05 PM)

i need a bin that will work with this vin: 1g4cu541914206781

@  RacingRegal36 : (08 July 2017 - 10:33 PM)

does anyone have a 2000 park avenue .bin file?

@  M_Dogg : (08 July 2017 - 04:33 PM)

Ha! This guy, what up pendejo?

@  SuperDave : (08 July 2017 - 02:58 AM)

Sup FUCKERZ

@  Tobias05 : (22 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

ISS got shortened during install somehow and had to lengthen back to size.

@  Tobias05 : (22 June 2017 - 01:15 AM)

...if I am able to bolt down both ends with little resistance than I would imagine it is properly seated?

@  Tobias05 : (22 June 2017 - 01:14 AM)

Swapped rack and pinion, not sure if ISS is seated.

@  Marchi1 : (13 June 2017 - 11:32 PM)

getting there...you need to come into the City

@  alemstrom : (09 June 2017 - 02:26 PM)

What about you?

@  alemstrom : (09 June 2017 - 02:00 PM)

alive and kicking

@  Marchi1 : (07 June 2017 - 12:31 PM)

Andrew! Wassup buddy?

@  supercharged... : (02 June 2017 - 12:20 AM)

lower

@  alemstrom : (25 May 2017 - 05:21 PM)

;) happens, you should be able to edit your posts, I know I am able.

@  phi_alpha : (25 May 2017 - 01:18 PM)

i thought this was the search bar... im an idiot

@  phi_alpha : (25 May 2017 - 01:17 PM)

mach 1

@  alemstrom : (24 May 2017 - 01:43 PM)

Which GP forum? Clup GP?

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Ultimate GSX Package

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 Ernie S.

Ernie S.

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationtoledo ohio
  • First Name:
    "THAT GUY"

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

It's not about a trophy, plaque, or some kind of trinket. It's about being fair. Principles before personalities. Paul, the first thing you said to me was that you didn't want to be involved this year. For whatever reason, you were asked to judge. I saw you and your partner, Scott, (who, God bless him, looked to be very young and probably very inexperienced, simply  wanted to get involved, super), go from one car to another. When you two got to my car, I heard Scott tell you that he thought he should recuse himself from judging my car, because when he sew it come in at the registration desk, he thought it was awesome (paraphrasing).You say that you weren't a judge, but you were. Be honest. Anyone who saw what I saw would agree. There is no way that your influence didn't factor into the equation. I'm sure the kid was dazzled by your knowledge that mere mortals wouldn't understand. Geeeez, get over yourself. 

Another concern I had when I saw you not judging, was the memories of past RM, documented on this site, when yourself and others bashed me personally and bashed my car. Probably because nobody knew what a real GSX package consisted of.  You and other members posted lots of negative comments, doctored photos and outright lies about me and my car. It's easy to slam someone who is not there. Especially when you're at the Mexican restaurant drinking margaritas. That was long before I even joined. You and other members were biased then, too.  I thought the seniment might carry over. It did. 

I had no idea that extolling the virtues of your car was part of the judging process. Kinda like stacking the deck. If there are aspects of the car that deserve to be noted, they should be displayed. The judges and non judges should be familiar enough to know what they are looking at. My car is a real GSX as dictated by Buick, and SLP. To me, it is somewhat of a grey area exists as to how it should be classified. Shelby Mustangs, Hurst Olds come to mind. My car speaks for itself. Didn't need to blow myself. I don't recall the judges or non judges asking any questions, either.

Since age has been brought into the arena, let me say that I've been going to, and participating  in the collector car hobby longer than most of the membership has been on the planet. I have NEVER seen a judged event where a modified car is judged higher than an original car, NEVER. Which means that If that is what goes on here, it's the only show, ever. At the very least, modified cars are scored in their own class.    

Thank you Steve for your assessment of my mental state. I'll get into counseling, ASAP. In the meantime, have another beer! And oh yeah, I could buy and sell you 10x.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Bottom line- I couldn't care less what place my car came in. It's about the trust the organizers place in the judges to fair and unbiased. There was clearly outside influences in the decision making process. Unless all that matters is a bunch of so-so cars with a bunch of bolt ons to make it "cooler" or faster.  Nothing will be settled on this. You are entitled you opinion, as are we. Really hated to make it personal, but you guys opened that door. The immature boy in me has had alot of fun with it, though. I will no longer comment on this topic. Will be interesting to see if it gets posted. Peace.

#102 RoadMonster

RoadMonster

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • LocationOshawa, Ontario, Canada
  • First Name:
    Shayne

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

I'll await my "@crazyguy03"

Been awhile since I been forum-roasted ;)

Give me a minute, I'll come up with something. Lol

#103 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

But shouldn't have. Don't act all sweet in public and an evil, vindictive bastard in private and expect to get away with it. The public has a right to see the truth of who someone truly is.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work your way, buttercup. That's what he got for calling out Paul in both public and private. I would have done the same thing if in Paul's shoes.

This is my 2 cents, maybe it will be worth a nickel when I'm gone!

I'm personally disappointed and ashamed at the entire name calling BS, in PM or the public forum "buttercup", especially coming from an admin! And you call the others childish in so many words?

If this gets me banned, then so be it, but when I joined this group, I felt I found a serious forum of good people, as I did when I joined an online racing forum years ago where I got to use my programming skills to help develop racing sims and mods. One of the forums from Europe allowed a 330 plus page of condolences and comments on the murder of my son in 2004, Added a "home page memorial" and left it there until the day it had to finally be disbanded due to other business. It was eventually cached, with a link due to the space on the server it was taking up.

I haven't been on here much lately, at least posting, because I have yet to replace my sadly, wrecked and very nice Regal GSE, which was underway of many mods, and mostly with the help of several members on here that were knowledgeable, kind and respectful.

As well, being a member of several other "shared forums" these same people were very welcoming on those forums as well, but again, in all the years I've been involved with this kind of thing, in ANY of the forums I've been a member, I have yet, until now, seen an admin disrespect another member, even if it was a simple name calling as "buttercup"

I've been a part of car shows since before I could drive, and had many of my own, and most recently been helping my older brother with huge numbers of shows. His collection is well over $25 Mil, and yes, they are rare, 1 of a kind, and some that I know guys would give a left nut for. He is also a registered Jaguar E Type judge, but as mentioned in another post, if he has an E Type in the show, he is only allowed to judge other models. From what I read, the person being accused of judging his own car has proven he didn't, and if all he stated is true, then seems like a stand up guy, but again, we're talking about cars worth thousands against a car someone thinks is worth thousands, and I'm talking cars all worth hundreds of thousands, MINIMUM! The pics are on here, see for yourself, google a few, look up the pricing. He has one, 100% true to spec reproduction of team Gurney and Bondurant's 67 AC cobra valued at 2.5 million dollars. If the original car wasn't still in existence in a special Bondurant collection, you could add 25% or more to that value!

Attached File  12733364_1097529276958702_3724232557885518888_n.jpg   39.67KB   0 downloads

Attached File  12733364_1097529276958702_3724232557885518888_n.jpg   11.29KB   0 downloads

This the original with Dan Gurney behind the wheel. The serial # was CSX1277 (compare it to my brothers repro)

Attached File  14344687_1259602864084675_523145893042177493_n.jpg   82.06KB   0 downloads

Cobra corner, and yeah, that is a "original" series 1"

Attached File  14100399_1237315376313424_4728825091396317674_n.jpg   90.72KB   0 downloads

This is at Lucas Estate (Lucas Oil) a yearly event here in Carmel. The Cobra was the first you saw driving in.

Attached File  13876564_1218225914889037_5833156787012178446_n.jpg   47.56KB   0 downloads

just as it was delivered in Indy, from Shelby America

Attached File  13920906_1218225974889031_7890998381117587029_n.jpg   41.51KB   0 downloads

Now, compare serial numbers, one number transposed

Attached File  13880296_1218225981555697_2099421878624110121_n.jpg   53.4KB   0 downloads

Original Hildebrand injection sitting on the 289 cu. in. motor as it was built in 1967 "not your typical For 289

Let me ask this, How DO you put a realistic value on ANY Regal GSX? I've yet to find anyplace that lists them, even places that valuate the rarest of cars.

Can you find it here; https://www.hemmings...valuation-tool/

or here; https://www.hagerty....ols/search/auto

My personal friend Steve, is part owner of Ooley and Blackburn; http://www.ooleyandblackburn.com/ says it is near impossible, even with a professional appraiser because it wasn't considered a true and rare car. So, seems the whole thing of my original pristine car is better and should win over your highly modded and custom car is a total and mute point, except the asking price is only worth it to one who absolutely wants it, and even then, most don't know much about them in this model year, and the majority would do what others said. Buy a clean reasonably priced GS or GSE, spend way less, and make it a monster. Even the highly modded and really pristine and special ones can't be valued beyond one, what $ amount is in the car, and two, whether someone wants it and is willing to pay for it.

So, back to my original point. I do hope to find another Regal soon, I've looked at several dozen and lost one extremely good buy, but I'm still going. Maybe I'll go for a 2015, mod it and keep looking for that 2000-2001, being a fav, but I will, rest assured, be very careful who, and how I communicate with anyone on here from this point.

IMHO, I think that ANY personal "bashing" in any manner, especially with profanities and any name calling (other than in a joking manner) should be grounds for the person being removed and blocked, as it was on so many other forums I am and have been part of. EVEN if done in a PM, but I do agree, it is a Private message, there is some part of "Private" that should have some sanctity. BUT, NO, I DO NOT agree with even a PM being a personal and vicious attack, and certainly not using the verbiage shown. This the point where Admin should put a stop or enlist a Ban, and not take it to a public area with ANY name calling, no matter how "simple it looks"

If my words offend anyone, then man up, as it is all ludicrous in every extent as I see it. And here, I was just getting started, and at my prime a year ago as I was delving into deep mods, felling very comfy here. Not so much today though, but I'll do my best to keep the few friends I've made here and hope for their help in the future, as in the past. This seemed to be a great place with a lot of good people here.

Bottom line, this whole thing, IMO has been out of hand since the beginning and is likely one, if not THE most active post on here since I've been around. And for what? Someone being upset they didn't win? Attacking another without knowing all, if ANY of the facts? I'm surprised I didn't get slightly bashed for the post questioning the asking price of a bone stock GSX in comparison to a pristine GSE that was sold for less than a quarter of the GSX asking price. That car was SO perfect, I made 2 offers, and was willing to buy "sight unseen", the pictures of it "about 50 or so", showed EVERY detail even of the smallest matter, and my dumb arse lost it over a $200 difference because I waited 1 extra day to call back and up my offer.

So, I'll end with this; Thanks to all those who helped me, and hopefully will again (you know who you are). I hope to be back "posting, questioning, answering" and not just trolling to "see what's up", with my own Regal soon, but in the mean time, I think a lot of thought needs to be put into what and how posts are treated, by moderators, ESPECIALLY by admins/owners and certainly by members, unless you want to be the back side of the Donkey in everyone's opinion.

Until then, all the best, always feel the need for speed, keep em between the ditches and as one members signature says "drive it like you stole it".

p.s. My best offer, sight unseen for that GSX would be $6500. That is $1350 more than that pristine GSE in Florida sold for, it was a one owner, always garaged, never seen weather, oh, and never drag raced, but well driven.

Attached Files

#104 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

It's not about a trophy, plaque, or some kind of trinket. It's about being fair. Principles before personalities. Paul, the first thing you said to me was that you didn't want to be involved this year. For whatever reason, you were asked to judge. I saw you and your partner, Scott, (who, God bless him, looked to be very young and probably very inexperienced, simply  wanted to get involved, super), go from one car to another. When you two got to my car, I heard Scott tell you that he thought he should recuse himself from judging my car, because when he sew it come in at the registration desk, he thought it was awesome (paraphrasing).You say that you weren't a judge, but you were. Be honest. Anyone who saw what I saw would agree. There is no way that your influence didn't factor into the equation. I'm sure the kid was dazzled by your knowledge that mere mortals wouldn't understand. Geeeez, get over yourself. 

Another concern I had when I saw you not judging, was the memories of past RM, documented on this site, when yourself and others bashed me personally and bashed my car. Probably because nobody knew what a real GSX package consisted of.  You and other members posted lots of negative comments, doctored photos and outright lies about me and my car. It's easy to slam someone who is not there. Especially when you're at the Mexican restaurant drinking margaritas. That was long before I even joined. You and other members were biased then, too.  I thought the seniment might carry over. It did. 

I had no idea that extolling the virtues of your car was part of the judging process. Kinda like stacking the deck. If there are aspects of the car that deserve to be noted, they should be displayed. The judges and non judges should be familiar enough to know what they are looking at. My car is a real GSX as dictated by Buick, and SLP. To me, it is somewhat of a grey area exists as to how it should be classified. Shelby Mustangs, Hurst Olds come to mind. My car speaks for itself. Didn't need to blow myself. I don't recall the judges or non judges asking any questions, either.

Since age has been brought into the arena, let me say that I've been going to, and participating  in the collector car hobby longer than most of the membership has been on the planet. I have NEVER seen a judged event where a modified car is judged higher than an original car, NEVER. Which means that If that is what goes on here, it's the only show, ever. At the very least, modified cars are scored in their own class.    

Thank you Steve for your assessment of my mental state. I'll get into counseling, ASAP. In the meantime, have another beer! And oh yeah, I could buy and sell you 10x.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Bottom line- I couldn't care less what place my car came in. It's about the trust the organizers place in the judges to fair and unbiased. There was clearly outside influences in the decision making process. Unless all that matters is a bunch of so-so cars with a bunch of bolt ons to make it "cooler" or faster.  Nothing will be settled on this. You are entitled you opinion, as are we. Really hated to make it personal, but you guys opened that door. The immature boy in me has had alot of fun with it, though. I will no longer comment on this topic. Will be interesting to see if it gets posted. Peace.

This entire thread has been interesting to say the least, however, your comment is truly misleading and unwarranted. You can find entire articles on the GSX, I found these two in less than 30 seconds.
The first, noting the 1/4 mile time was in my opinion, not a very good press statement. My 2000 GSE on a stock 3.8 pulley with open air and exhaust with a good tune put down a 13:97 at 96.8mph. The car was "bone stock" except brakes, tires, intake, exhaust and about 15 hours of HP Tuner tuning.

"Another concern I had when I saw you not judging, was the memories of past RM, documented on this site, when yourself and others bashed me personally and bashed my car. Probably because nobody knew what a real GSX package consisted of"

Hers article #1; http://www.cheatshee...html/?a=viewall

And #2, "From SLP" ; http://www.fabini.co...lpbuickgsx.html

This one even goes on to explain all 3 stages of mods. Just not all that impressive for the cost, unless you just had to have different.

Read my last post about how to value your car reasonably and with a meaningful amount, sorry my friend, you can't. Anywhere!

#105 M_Dogg

M_Dogg

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  • LocationBrookfield IL
  • First Name:
    Marcin

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

I must agree on the "buttercup" comments. Really made me laugh and cringe at the same time.

...carry on

#106 WildGS

WildGS

Fastest FWD GS in the PNW

• Administrator
  • 4,428 posts
  • LocationChehalis, WA
  • First Name:
    David

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

Since there is alot of traffic here now.....seriously does someone want to take over the site? I don't have the time or patience to commit here like I should. Have so much going on in the real world I can't devote much of any time here.

#107 Marchi1

Marchi1

Official RegalGS.org Flagship Car Owner

• Forum Moderator
  • 5,041 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

It's not about a trophy, plaque, or some kind of trinket.

Bottom line- I couldn't care less what place my car came in. It's about the trust the organizers place in the judges to fair and unbiased. There was clearly outside influences in the decision making process. Unless all that matters is a bunch of so-so cars with a bunch of bolt ons to make it "cooler" or faster.  Nothing will be settled on this. You are entitled you opinion, as are we. Really hated to make it personal, but you guys opened that door. The immature boy in me has had alot of fun with it, though. I will no longer comment on this topic. Will be interesting to see if it gets posted. Peace.

Actually I didn't open the door..but I will walk through it.

It must be about a plaque or trophy because when you were told that you had to be present for the trophy and you were wanting to leave to avoid the rain, but you stuck around.

Yes I will agree that at the first Regal madness that we did with Buick Racedays there was a bias, but your huge "one of One" banner also kind of invited it, and your attitude that thinks that people on a forum dedicated to a model don't know about all about a limited special edition model shows what I am talking about. I actually did vote for your car in later years because I respected your ability to not drive it. I gotta drive my cars, thats why I bought them.

Scott actually for his age is very well versed and has built two turbo cars an couple nice SC cars and currently dailies a Monte. So while young he has a tremendous amount of knowledge. His comment was in relationship to the amazing score we gave the car, but his questions when were done was valid that while a beautiful car it was essentially bone stock. How would you have felt if we had allowed 2012+ cars and a guy with a fully optioned late model with a few tasteful tweaks had beat yours? It would be comparing apples and apples.

When we have limited classes you get everyone grouped into one. At the Regal events associated with this forum there were multiple classes, but at the last one we were all grouped into one, by the way the highly modified car that won was a nice car, but was also a low mileage never driven racecar that was just barely drive able. While I was unhappy that the FWD cars were all grouped together I sucked it up because a friend of mine won in that class and never complained to anyone because I wasn't there for a trophy, I was there to see my friends.

Also I have been attending and participating in car shows since I could barely walk. I have been in everything from European cars, to lead sleds to VW to traditional musclecar to multiple different late models and the classes are pretty well defined. At this event it was even preposted the class, and Buicks had one group.

It is kind of apparent that you were interested in the trophy/plaque for your car, otherwise you wouldn't have raised a question about my level of integrity. I find it odd that you don't even comment on the other cars that were there. The clone next to you was equally gorgeous with shiny paint, there was another true GSX there, though it was beat and what about the Betty White?

And if you think my car is a "bolt-on" that again shows that you weren't looking at the other cars there is actual design and engineering done to my car, but it is all hidden stuff. what I think is funny is you won't ever acknowledge that I have a nice car or look to appreciate the work because of your personal bias.

I do like your car Larry it is a beautiful piece of art, but it is a factory optioned essentially stock vehicle. Yes we will never agree as I think they both have an amazing inherent value, but that is also why I wouldn't own the low mileage GN I am looking at as a 13K mile all original car that got a perfect 400 score I would hate myself if I ever tweaked it. At some point some one may pay you what you want, but as it has been said before outside of the community there isn't alot of demand. Take it to Mecum/Barret and see what you can get as that would be your best option to see what the market would bear.

Since this is a "for Sale" thread I will go back and "clean up" all the comments in the last week or so in order to keep the sale thread clean. that is up to you if you want to do it just let me know. If you don't want me to I understand that as well.

I truly have no issue with you...my biggest issue is with Gy. The way I was treated, responded to and accused by him burns me like no one here understand. Especially since I try and treat everyone with respect.

This is my last response. I have no reason to come back in and look at this as we have all said our piece, you will believe what you want. I will believe what I want, and while they may not agree I am sure that the "truth" is somewhere in between the two as there are always three sides to every story.

#108 Marchi1

Marchi1

• Forum Moderator
  • 5,041 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:14 AM

Private messaging is "private". It could have ended there....

If it was private why was it a three way then?

#109 Crazyguy03

Crazyguy03

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:55 AM

If it was private why was it a three way then?

There is no limit to how many people can be involved in a private conversation- think of it like a huddle.
You can see i did not take anything out from that conversation and make it public.
You and Loly both saw I was included and continued to engage in the conversation.

As far as cleaning posts - that never turns out well. See GPF for example. It's remove all posts or none at all. Or make it into a new thread.

The admin can edit his posts without us seeing "edited by".
I stand by what I posted and its pretty straight-forward. There was no misinformation spewing from me. It's literally time stamped here and on the PMs.

I would have delt within the PMs and ended it there like how grown men should act. Toss some names around , throw some jabs , get it out of your system, settle the score and move along.

Involving other people , screen shots , posting online etc sounds like something with a vagina would do. My .02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )