Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ejguillot : (01 November 2019 - 02:23 AM)

It should be possible, you might want to get a surplus connector so you can hook the fan motor to a battery.

@  Greg2000GS : (01 November 2019 - 01:58 AM)

cooling fan suspect. Is there a way to test it by jumping connector?

@  Fast86GN : (31 October 2019 - 01:23 PM)

I'm here....

@  ejguillot : (27 October 2019 - 01:39 PM)

Let's try to bring this forum back to life a bit... I'll be on fairly often (now that my project Regal is seeing some progress).

@  ejguillot : (27 October 2019 - 01:38 PM)

Let

@  ejguillot : (01 October 2019 - 02:44 AM)

And I will have a 1999 GS transmission, about 140K miles, shift kit installed, available for sale soon. in Tampa FL.

@  ejguillot : (01 October 2019 - 02:20 AM)

Hi everyone. Still working on my project car GS.

@  alemstrom : (24 September 2019 - 04:36 PM)

It runs!

@  Fast86GN : (10 September 2019 - 03:11 PM)

Saw a few on FB 3800 marketplace

@  BigSexxyGS : (16 August 2019 - 02:08 PM)

Im here. Looking for a trans for a 2003 GS...Help!

@  NKmssin3 : (05 August 2019 - 11:20 PM)

I check back in on occasion to.

@  Crazyguy03 : (07 July 2019 - 07:50 PM)

Yes

@  tpivette : (05 July 2019 - 02:47 AM)

I stop back every once in a while

@  ejguillot : (30 June 2019 - 08:36 PM)

Wow, is anyone on anymore? Leave a shoutbox comment please!

@  ejguillot : (10 June 2019 - 04:28 PM)

unfortunately, I have to agree.

@  buck531 : (09 June 2019 - 03:14 AM)

this place is dead.

@  buck531 : (09 June 2019 - 03:14 AM)

congrats Alan!

@  buck531 : (30 April 2019 - 02:14 PM)

DOH

@  ejguillot : (22 April 2019 - 10:40 PM)

I haven't. Still on here occasionally, Facebook is the work of Satan. :P

@  marcleach75 : (08 April 2019 - 05:22 AM)

Has anyone had an issue with wobbling at around 20 to 35 mph?

Photo
- - - - -

Tuners? model year 2000 and earlier

tuning 2000 Regal GSe ECM PCM Engine management ECM swap different PCM for 2001 available tuners

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Maybe you can answer a tech question I am seeking.

Since it seems 1997 to 2000 Regals and other L67 3800 models 2000 and earlier, have a different computer than 2001 and up.
Is it possible to swap the ECM-PCM's from either a newer year, or actually, buy them? I have a couple places online, they show the same part number for both units, for my model year and beyond. It is like they offer the possibly "updated" Engine and Power modules as replacements on my 2000. I have learned, several electornic items, especially hand held tuners are not written for the 2000 model year, as the 2001 and newer, as mentioned, have a "different computer". Most of the sites I visit, do in fact show for instance, Hypertrch Max Energy as a product fit, when in fact, it isn't. a fwe sites, and Hypertech as well, show nothing under Buick, and often "No Buick Choice", for model year 2000, however, they do for 2001 and newer. I am asking this as well, since I read in one forum, there could be an issue with the modules being tied to the actual VIN of my car, although, I am not sure how they might program one to "know the VIN", I guess it is possible, but felt this a viable question. I am not getting many answers as of yet, however it is being posted in a number of places.

And no, I wasn't diligent enough to check the actual "Hypertech site". I just depended on the few sites that sold the unit, and did in fact list it as a "proper choice" for my application. At this point, it seems I may be faced with something like the HP tuner program, just not likiing the cost, and the learning curve, even though I am sure I can learn the program, as I have many many other programs and OS's. As well, I was hoping to be lazy and use the "easy way" hand held, no more mods than I plan to do, I felt this would work just fine.

Any help, advice, knowledge you can provide is appreciated, or possibly another motor head that that any of you know.

Thanks in advance

JIM

#2 GS Dave

GS Dave

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

As for physical structure of the PCM, only the 97s are different.  But the table information varies with the years.  If you are looking for plug and play, you need to get the correct year for your car.  As for Hypertech and the mainstream "chips/tunes", if you are going to buy an off the shelf tune, stay away from them and get one from one of the 3800 vendors.  Far better tunes, and they actually know something about our cars.  ZZP/INTENSE/DHP....

#3 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

I must admit, I am seriously considering the tune myself, with HPtuner. Unless anyone knows of a decent tuning program that is a little less pricey.

I prefer to know "what I have", and then I can adjust as or "if" needed, based on the order of the total mods.

I am sure my mode will not all be done at once, and I am following the order actually found on here.

As for the "mainstream", it doesn't matter, they don't make one, unless I can fool my cars ECM into thinkinng it is a 2001 or newer. I knnow the "physical" part is same 1998 and up, however, from what I understand, the major difference was from 2001 and on. I was told specifically, by a couple techs, it "has a different computer", that was used til 2005 I believe. I am sure they mean "program", as the "phsical structure" looks the same on a 02, and 03 that I was able to see.

I am not opposed to buying the software, I have a laptop, and as well, will be happy to work with the guys at any of the places you mentioned, should I get in trouble. I am sure they would accept payment for knowledge, just as many others do, kinda like training.......

I did stop by the shop today, the guys that do most my major MAJOR work do have the equipment to do the crank learn, and I don't have to worry about a dealer reflashing my programmed ECM.

With my mod plans, being done in groups, until the last part is added, I would like to tune, each one in between the final. Make any sense, or am I digging way to deep?

Worst case, I can at least help others as well, as I know of no real good tuners in this area, except maybe Kenny Brown. He is a "Ford guy", so I am not sure how well he can do with my Regal, but we used his Dyno a lot with our Racing Porshes. We built a couple dozen from 1990 through the mid 2000 years.

They are easy though, as we did GT-2 and up, normally aspirated. Only programming there was Lectron carbs and the timing.
If anyone out there knows of a decent "tuner", in the Indianapolis, IN area, please, by alll means, let me know.

Thanks for the input.

Here was our last GT-2 car, owned and driven by my older brother, built by he, myself and a couple others. Our #99, then a GT-5 sister car in the background. #10 (110) for this Road America event.

Attached Files

#4 GS Dave

GS Dave

• Members
  • 1,256 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Arguably one, if not the best tuners for your car lives in Indiana.  Not sure how far he is from Carmel.   http://www.prjperformance.com/  His name is Paul, and he is a great guy, met him once when he flew out to Cali to tune a friends car.

As for tuning software it is pretty much HP Tuners unless you get a used version of Powrtuner(I think that is how it is spelled.  You can check the tuning section, I am sure the proper name is there.

Nice GT-2 car.  I love the P-cars...even had a 68 912 way back in the day.  Would like to get a nice 914 with a 2.0 in it.  Saw one the other day....still a nice looking car.

#5 GS Dave

GS Dave

• Members
  • 1,256 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Just a side note, you really do want someone familiar with the 3800 to do the tuning to get the most out of it.  No offense to KB, but I would rather have Paul tune my 3800. ;)

#6 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:18 PM

Just a side note, you really do want someone familiar with the 3800 to do the tuning to get the most out of it.  No offense to KB, but I would rather have Paul tune my 3800. ;)

Back after a while of research and collecting, I checked on Paul, he is an hour away. I don't mind someone helping with the cars tune as it's recieving more mods, however, as things change a little along the way, I felt tuning myself would be far less complicated than using another for every tune.

I'm not a pro by any means, but in all my research, I've learned even more, as well, my first SC project was a 89 T-Bird SC. Tuning that car was quite major compared to todays OBD-II stuff.

What is your opinion of getting a BIN file with tuner program, based on my mods, then adjusting as required for a variety of things? Indiana has horribly changing weather, knowing how many times we've needed to adjust the dial in time of our S/G, S/P drag car as it cools and humidity changes, I'm sure I will see a need at some point for consistency.

Another question, totally off the wall, any thoughts on this car on a road course? with all the available W-Body parts, and having road raced, I would love, if at all possible to do some fun runds on various test and tune days, when my brother takes any of several of his road course cars out.

Thanks for the previous info, now that I am just now "finally" getting rolling, I'll likely be back more often.

At the moment, ordering some mufflers and down pipe to get exhaust done, once I figure which way I am going on the brake upgrades. Thoughts on brakes welcom as well........ Impala SS, or other aftermarket.

Thanks again Dave and all

#7 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

DHP is cheap to get these days, you need to buy a avt interface box they run about 280.  HTP twice that. but it has support still and your buying credits to unlock your car. where dhp is free to use on any supported car but they are out of business and no long have support other then what you find on the forums. 

theres a list of interchangeable years of pcms.  my cars a 98 and i was able to use a 01 pcm in my car. ( its not supposed to be compatible)  but i flashed a 98 bin file to it and it works fine.

lets say if you had 98 car and put a 01 pcm with no changes done, i dont think it would not run right, if at all. the maf is different in those years. with a few other things.

and its best to do your tuning on the hottest nastiest day possible.  

if you plan on modding, ditch the dp and buy headers, its your first real mod if you want to drop pulleys. dp alone wont cut it. the mufflers, they all sound like sh it to me. why mines on a stock cat back still. unless you like rasp/drone and the popping and backfiring sounds out the mufflers.  aka most sound like a wet fart.  

sadly we are lacking 2 pistons and the 3800 is about the worst sounding engine ever. mostly due to the transverse set up and crappy exhaust manifold set up. only cat backs that sound good to me cost some real coin. and im not spending 800 bucks or more  to make it sound marginally better.  ill just take the sleeper exhaust and let them hear the whine as i pass em, then they go wtf was that?

the v8 sound we all love will not happen.

#8 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

Iv'e heard the 40 series duals on a GTP, sounded pretty good. The only one I found that listed "aggressive sound", but with resonator and duals, was ok. Some dyno mat and the interior drone was little to none on this car.

I only mention the 40 series due to sound and size, they are 13" or so, the stock is 16" and many others are like 18" so the bend into muffler is a hard 90 as opposed to a softer 60< degree. I'm pretty sure this is what ZZP offers as their "package muffler", but all stainless and pricey. I'm not going for all show, and the factory isn't SS. Even the site tech area says a resonator is recommended. I have one, but it's only 3" dia. and 8 inch long, as opposed to factory 18 to 20".

Made little to no difference, but stock muffler has that horrible "stock whish" sound at speeds. Sounds more like a single exhaust on a family car. As for whine, I've got enough to be satisfied w/ stock air box gutted and de-faced, and a cone filter hidden within. Looks stock except for tubing, and still get clean cooler forced air, without the strange look of a filter hanging in the fender well, or exposed when hood is open. The whine is certainly noticeable.

I'm looking for the sleeper effect with a touch of sinister, no flashy colors, even calipers are satin black. Shame you can't find duals that aren't 800 bucks, but I got one of the best muffler/pipe guys a mile up the street. He's been doing rods for many years. You get what you pay for, so I told him to make the duals look stock, hanger rods, rubber connectors and all, he said no problem, only another 50 bucks. Total w/ mufflers a little over $250 including tips. Cutouts are a issue, I'm not a fan of the SLP style with the lip, but I think I have a idea using a semi-rigid rubber coated body molding like that used in the 60's and 70's. Trial and error, but my pipe guy Scotty says he's used the 40's on almost all his upgrades. He normally does Pontiacs, as I said, not many Regals in this area, that have any mods.

As for headers, I have a 3800 guy, told be porting and polishing the manifolds would do a great deal for breathing, a little less hassle than headers, what do you think? He claims to have one of three Regals, on being a 03 GSX, the other two just stock manifolds with some work.

Still having trouble making a decision on brakes, and thinking Impala SS, w/slotted drilled rotors. Any ideas without going bigger bucks one the Vette upgrade? Again, not to visible as I want them black and not standing out to much. Would be almost blasphemy to spend the money, and not see red w/silver Corvette logo. :)

Edited by proud new GSe owner, 16 August 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#9 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

gsx comes with slp headers, stop listening to that guy asap lol  ported mannys are netting you jack shait if you plan to drop a pulley size. 

you can buy grand prix cat back off ebay ( whole kits) or just the Y pipe out back.  and new mufflers.

the driver side muffler hanger, you take the mounting bracket off a grand prix, ( junk yard)  take the bolts too. it bolts right in place on the driver side like it did on the GP. then you just hang the muffler up there. only one new hanger needs to be installed on the Y pipe. 

and brakes, the f body up grade is all you really need. makes a nice difference over stock, and fits under the stock wheel.

#10 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:19 AM

gsx comes with slp headers, stop listening to that guy asap lol  ported mannys are netting you jack shait if you plan to drop a pulley size. 

you can buy grand prix cat back off ebay ( whole kits) or just the Y pipe out back.  and new mufflers.

the driver side muffler hanger, you take the mounting bracket off a grand prix, ( junk yard)  take the bolts too. it bolts right in place on the driver side like it did on the GP. then you just hang the muffler up there. only one new hanger needs to be installed on the Y pipe. 

and brakes, the f body up grade is all you really need. makes a nice difference over stock, and fits under the stock wheel.

So you are saying, exhaust, downpipe and mufflers, 3" w/ high flow cat, and mufflers, will do no real good, even with all other recommendations, cooler plug, stat, etc..... without the headers? I have seen another type of manifold, has a odd name. What is that all about? Was mentioned to help KR.

As for brakes, after several hours of reading, and seeing some aftermarket stuff, I think you are right in going with the F-Body, as you can get parts easier locally. That and the GXP rear upgrade was also highly mentioned. Thoughts? I mention this as I found it odd the rear caliper is larger then the front by a small amount. Any better rear upgrade? Also read of the Ols intrigue, saying same or similar to GXP but lighter?

Only reason I was goung from the engine back to mufflers was to get 3" all the way. As for brackets, my muffler guy stocks all this stuff, and I'm slightly physically challenged so not much into trudging around our local "Pick-a-Part. I can do some grinding and paint to clean up all that is under there, as it's pretty clean as is, just a little pitting from age. The car hasn't seen much weather except the times myself and previous owner got caught out while on a trip, myself included. Left Indiana in 50's to visit my Sis in Nashville, TN, and they had  ice storm while there. I bet I cleaned my car three times in 10 days, only to hit more weather..............., yeah, a bit OCD.....LOL Old, Cranky and Demented some say.

I do appreciate all your input, nice to have it from one who has been there and can show. I sure felt the guy I found on here previously knew his stuff though, as he said he started on 3800 performance development way back in the day.

You are right and he did say the GSX had headers, he was just referring to the pain he felt he endured putting them on another Regal he owned, and said he ported and polished a stock set and wasn't to little difference. He didn't say it was "as good", just enough to be less hassle so I guess I will be sourcing headers. Any preferred brand?

I was looking at the HP tuner products, they have a couple "series", one is only $299 and I was led to believe it would work on my Regal, the more expensive at $399 did seem to have more variables though. I am curious about a couple things, one being the shift point settings. I found that if I left my shifter in first gear, it shifted on it's own at 5000 rpm, as well, into third. I am sure this is a safety thing, and I only found it as I was trying to manually shift on a run, but as I said, it did it for me. I am wondering if this is adjustable, or I'll need to leave it in drive with the performance switch set. I also found, if left on OD, the performance button, did nothing, still shifted earlier than when in drive.

I'll learn this stuff as I go on with tuning. I'm a kinda self made geek of sorts, pretty much have not yet met a program I couldn't tackle, and some code and programming skills learned with help from some pretty amazing European friends that I worked with in online racing SIM development. I use a variety of design and engineering and modeling programs for my business. Architecture and Engineering degrees, as well as many hours in a machine shop, tool and die, and BIM.

Again, your input is a great wealth, I hope to meet many others like you and even face to face in the future once I've gotten further with my car and can make a few meets here and there.

The tuner guy mentioned is only an hour away, I may seek his expertise and pay to learn, just as I would pay for tuning if he'll do that. Many gear heads I have dealt with over my years of building various types of racing cars have been very willing to share some knowledge. Way different today than when I had my GTO's and 60's/70/s Muscle Cars.

I've read about every post on the flagship cars here, and I am certainly going to be full of questions once I get into the top end, doing rockers, GenV S/C and intercooler upgrades, I only hope a few of the needed parts will be available without extreme cost due to some being a bit more rare for the Regal. I say this, as I've already had the dash rebuilt, and had to pay dearly for a few discontinued switches, like the sunroof. Problem is, the cars are so pilfered at the junk yards now.

Anyway, feel free to keep any info you are willing to share coming, as well, any others can chime in. I will keep saving and gathering parts to keep on keepin on. My business, being in a construction related industry in Indiana is areal roller coaster, so I put back a certain percentage each check I get, some times a little, others more, but I will get there. I'm only about 8 months behind my original target goal as for timing, but I'm patient.

Again, brakes first, then exhaust, then onto the more power adding mods. The car already gets into the 13's and is way beyond the stock brakes, so need to stop before you go faster.................

See ya and thanks much!

JIM

#11 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:33 AM

As for physical structure of the PCM, only the 97s are different.  But the table information varies with the years.  If you are looking for plug and play, you need to get the correct year for your car.  As for Hypertech and the mainstream "chips/tunes", if you are going to buy an off the shelf tune, stay away from them and get one from one of the 3800 vendors.  Far better tunes, and they actually know something about our cars.  ZZP/INTENSE/DHP....

I made the mistake of a super tuner, said it was a fit for my car. Then, after a short talk with the tech guys, they filled me in on the pre 2001 ECU's being different mapping so I returned it. Did look at DHP, still much info on the net, and many users seemed willing to share info. I've read from some, it is actually a little better and easier than HP at the start up, especially if you can get a hold of a baseline BIN file, written based on your mods.

I guess I am kinda weird about not having the original ECU in my car. Call me weird, but I guess that comes from age and old muscle car days of true NOS cars like I've had in the past.

Although, I guess a baseline tuned ECU swap, may be a good starting point from one of the 3800 guys you mentioned. Can always make adjustments if additional mods come into play.

#12 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:39 AM

when you tune you always start with a stock bin file. cause what works for my engine 75% of the time will not work for your engine. they all have their own needs.  why canned tunes suck so much. its not tuned to your car, its a tune  that has worked on other cars from a in car tune. 

never did the back brake up grade, but iirc you need 17 inch wheels for it.

ported stock manifold flow no where near as well as any set of headers you buy.

you cat back is good to 300 + hp, your not even close to that yet.  if you do go full 3 inch tho, it sounds damn good. better then slapping after market mufflers on the stock cat back.

hp tuners you need to buy credits to unlock your year car. cheaper to just unlock "your" car. not the whole years worth. this is on top of the cost to buy the interface. so it gets up to 500 easy.

and your in IN, you got e85 all over dont ya?  your best bang for the buck is a high vol fuel pump, fuel pump rewire some 60# injectors and a 3.0 pulley. enjoy the free HP. add cam and then a tranny with some hardened parts cause bye bye tranny. 

#13 WeBlown

WeBlown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationWestfield, IN
  • First Name:
    Jim

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

when you tune you always start with a stock bin file. cause what works for my engine 75% of the time will not work for your engine. they all have their own needs.  why canned tunes suck so much. its not tuned to your car, its a tune  that has worked on other cars from a in car tune. 

never did the back brake up grade, but iirc you need 17 inch wheels for it.

ported stock manifold flow no where near as well as any set of headers you buy.

you cat back is good to 300 + hp, your not even close to that yet.  if you do go full 3 inch tho, it sounds damn good. better then slapping after market mufflers on the stock cat back.

hp tuners you need to buy credits to unlock your year car. cheaper to just unlock "your" car. not the whole years worth. this is on top of the cost to buy the interface. so it gets up to 500 easy.

and your in IN, you got e85 all over dont ya?  your best bang for the buck is a high vol fuel pump, fuel pump rewire some 60# injectors and a 3.0 pulley. enjoy the free HP. add cam and then a tranny with some hardened parts cause bye bye tranny. 

Yeah, I totally understood the "stock bin", just have read many articles on here of a "starting point" bin file. You recommend nixing this idea, back up my stock file and go from there then?

As for E85, it is cheaper, but I also have access to 93 octane at several locations. Not so different from 92, but the many companies that offer are said to be decent.

As for HP, it's "estimated at about 280, but this was GPS for now, have yet to hit dyno, but will just prior to serious mods. There is a tuner group in Noblesville, just a couple miles away that have a dyno, and price is reasonable. Since Kenny Brown performance moved away from Clermont Indiana (near Raceway Park Drag strip), I don't know many others. Shame my older brothers income went to his head, we aren't at all as close as used to be, but I respect him all the same, being self made in his industry and knowing (cars top to bottom, as well a foremost suspension expert) I was hoping to get input/help from him since we both think similar in the "clean smooth" no bling concept, but he isn't fond of the Regal. So, screw him, in fact, once I get things sorted, I've a standing bet with him and his new Ferarri powered Astin, which he dubbed a "low 13 sec car". He claims I'll never see better than low 14's, but I've already blown this theory.
I've read many a article on trannys, and it's nice to have friends like those at Coan in Kokomo, where I grew up. Did a lot of work on previous muscle cars for me and my Father-in-Law worked there as a CNC operator.

Although, I am seeing a few things I can do myself, as well, Paul the tranny guy listed on here is in Ft Wayne (my birth city), just a bit over an hour away. I have the HD trany, was going to do axle shaft upgrade as I know one is showing wear (as my usual mechanic named it 40mph wobble) especially in a right hand curve at that speed. Tells me it is right shaft. With just over 200k, it's time soon enough. I've also a retired fireman school buddy that did trannys in his off time, he is pretty good as well.

Long term goal is anything over 300Whp and possible very low 13's and even high 12's which I am told can be done, especially with the right parts, Gen V S/C, good tune and some semi sticky tires. The tires will be a no brainer as we have tested for Hoosier tire for over 20 years, from way back in the SCCA days, as well, run them on our Duster. (pic) it's a single carb, no power adder 528 cu.in. just over 900hp and 925 ft. lb. torque at wheels. Not bad for a dated ladder bar car.

I can build anything, but will admit, the computer tuning age is still a "learn in progress".

So, headers? any brand/brands preference? 3" exhaust is definite, and parts are waiting once brakes done. Brake upgrade? F-Body seems popular, but is it much better than a Impala SS upgrade? Seems the Impala bolts right up, no need for sleeves or any drill and tap. Many different opinions here.

As for rear, was looking for that "one touch extra", even though the majority of stopping is front, a little more as I am into it, can't hurt. So many different opinions there as well. I am hoping once the suspension is complete, I can at least hit a road course for a little fun, not so worried about being that competitive, but that would be an extra if it comes, as back in the day, when my brother and I did have a better relationship, we were well known in the Porsche arena, now he is more vintage. A 64-1/2 427 AC cobra from Superformance that has been tweeked with some SVT help and kills most of their cars on track. A Donovan prepared factory "re-certified" 64 Jag E type, a little over 450hp from a inline 4.0 liter 6.

Then there was the GT 911, 625 Bhp with a lot of development and our own proprietary engine being a 3.67 liter normally aspirated. Started in 1992, and retired it "for now" in 2008. It will receive a face lift back to the slant nose body and be back on track in historical events, along with the Jag.

Back to the Buick, subtle body effects, rims/tires, and duals wil be the only "give away" aesthetically, but the performance I am hoping will be the show stopper. Not looking for any records, just a good daily driver (fair weather) and quick enough for some bragging rights and a few "damn that thing is faster than I expected", as I already get from many Mustang GT owners I know.

I've soooo many questions, I am sure I can find lots of answers, just looking for good ones, that aren't going to "break the bank" totally along the way. That and from any who "know, cause they been there"

Thanks again.

As for pulley size, I wasn't planning quite that aggressive, as I've read manny posts that with a GenV, if no cam, 3.4 to 3.5 was smallest recommended. I think I found this info on either SLP or ZZP.

Looking at their stage packages, I am setting the goal between stage 3 and 4, really didn't want to pull motor to do cam. Felt 1.8 rockers with throttle body upgrade and slightly larger injectors might fit my needs.

I've read many things on Michael Daugherty's mods and setup, but my Florida guy, Robert (also member here) claims he gets over 300Whp without quite as much work and cash outlay.

Attached Files

Edited by proud new GSe owner, 17 August 2015 - 05:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tuning, 2000 Regal GSe, ECM, PCM, Engine management, ECM swap, different PCM for 2001, available tuners

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )