Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:59 AM)

basass truck

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:59 AM)

https://racine.craig...6411281777.html

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:55 AM)

they better hurry the fck up though I need to hang the rest of those dam cabinets

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:55 AM)

na, Im just not doing anymore tile work

@  scottydoggs98 : (14 December 2017 - 03:52 AM)

over price?

@  scottydoggs98 : (14 December 2017 - 03:52 AM)

he fired ya?

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:51 AM)

no permits pulled either for windows, plumbing work, electric etc, I could shut them down fast and hard

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:51 AM)

gotta collect what I am owed first before I be funny

@  scottydoggs98 : (14 December 2017 - 03:49 AM)

ha

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:49 AM)

2 outter units have no electric, thus no heat....... that bottom unit was just rebuilt.....much laughter there

@  scottydoggs98 : (14 December 2017 - 03:47 AM)

freeze and flood?

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:46 AM)

lower units have fresh cabinets installed, painted too, would be much laughter from me

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:45 AM)

dumb site frooze

@  scottydoggs98 : (14 December 2017 - 03:41 AM)

find out th ehard way if they got insurance lol

@  scottydoggs98 : (14 December 2017 - 03:41 AM)

yeah flood the lower floors

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 03:12 AM)

I hope they hit a water pipe in the floor honestly

@  scottydoggs98 : (14 December 2017 - 03:10 AM)

nice,,,,extra work

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 02:56 AM)

those units need subfloor rebuilt to HA!

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 02:53 AM)

4 units left to tile. lets just say my tile saw it all cleaned up ready to be brought home LOL

@  ithurtz : (14 December 2017 - 02:53 AM)

guy saying I want y ou guys to do it blah blah

Photo
- - - - -

Not Re-Re-Re-Re Building a 2000 GS - blew 3 engines

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#241 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:12 AM

Just did this relearn procedure and afterwards the engine started. 

1.  Insert ignition key and turn to the “ON” position. Do not attempt to start the engine. Leave the key in the “ON” position for approximately 11 minutes. The security light will be steady on or flashing for the 11-minute period. Do not proceed to Step 2 until the security light turns off or stops flashing.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds.

3. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position as in Step 1 for 11 minutes.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds.

5. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position as in Step 1 for 11 minutes for a third time.

6. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds for a third time.

7. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position for 30 seconds.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.

9. Attempt to start the engine. If the engine starts and runs, the relearn is complete.

if you got a dhp you can end that loss of a 1/2 hour of life you cant get back.  set security to 10 seconds, and one time. bam! done. 

#242 ticketmagnet

ticketmagnet

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationMI
  • First Name:
    Luke

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:22 AM

1/2-hour loss?  Gave me a chance to build 1 good radio out of 2 bad ones.  Good information about what can be done to speed things up.  I'm trying to avoid doing any changes or tuning on this thing, but it's hard.

What's weird is how well it runs and drives.  Idle is perfect and it's freakishly quiet.  I'm sure I've never had a W-body so silent.  It is seeing a degree or two of KR under boost, but I need to get the fuel trims dialed in more.

#243 ticketmagnet

ticketmagnet

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationMI
  • First Name:
    Luke

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

DHP says this ECU is unsupported, even though their compatibility list goes through 2004.  Really wanted to change the fan turn-on temps and tweak a couple other things.  Been more than 15 years since I had a stock W-body, so I've forgotten how terrible some of the settings were!  Any ideas on getting it to work?

#244 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

whats unsupported? flashing the file? reading yours?  if it wont read yours you need to just flash another bin file for your year car to the pcm. i got loads of bins in a drop box if you need em. 

theres a cut off line for what pcm's will take certain year bins.  the 01-03 pcms wont take a 98-00 most of the time, theres a few part # pcm's that blur that line and take both. 

#245 ticketmagnet

ticketmagnet

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationMI
  • First Name:
    Luke

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

I didn't try to flash it.  I wanted to read it, do a few mods and flash it back, but DHP will only save it as an encrypted file.  So I just swapped to the PCM I've been running all along. Grabbed a stock '01 Regal bin, did a few mods, flashed it in and it's working fine.

One of the part numbers is even the same, so the difference must just be in the cals like you say.  My thought was that I had nothing to lose flashing the '00 PCM since I know I can flash it back, but there could be a chance of bricking one that is "unsupported".  Didn't find any information on on Google.

#246 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

if its the wrong year bin the pcm wont take it, you just get a warning and it exits. some bin files are just not supported. likely what went on here when you read it. 

#247 ticketmagnet

ticketmagnet

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationMI
  • First Name:
    Luke

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

Regal is sold.  Most likely moving to a Cruze Eco for DD.  It's only 25% more MPG for 1/3 the engine :think: .  To get more time for other things, modified vehicles only for occasional use.  The new Regal T gets barely any MPG over the old GS, despite having only 53% of the displacement.  Don't really need a luxury car, though.

#248 gojo83

gojo83

Contributing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts
  • LocationCheyenne WY
  • First Name:
    Greg

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

Idk if u have spent any time in a cruze but I have and I will never own one. The gf has one and has had no ending trouble. Seats suck for trips over 2 to 3 hrs. Depending on engine choice premium is still required. Just food for thought.

#249 ticketmagnet

ticketmagnet

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationMI
  • First Name:
    Luke

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, the W-regal was like sitting on a couch.  My "new" '11 Cruze is like sitting on a park bench.  6-speed manual means constant shifting, but sometimes my commute is mostly freeway, where it has been getting 42MPG on 87-Octane.  KR all the time under moderate loads by design.  Whatever - it's an appliance - cheap to buy, cheap to operate and no impending rust to weigh on my mind.  Why drag extra weight around every day by myself when I have 4 vehicles?  Road trips are in one of the SUVs anyway, since no car fits 6 people anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )