Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dezldave961 : (06 August 2021 - 11:43 PM)

Going to move towards RWD chassis soon, so it's more fun to use. Z7 kit needs gone, MP112/L26 chillin', 2 GenV's on ice, and T67 currently on my L32. Cheaper than LSx playtime yo tinker with this.

@  dezldave961 : (06 August 2021 - 11:40 PM)

I'll gladly do mega builds with my stash! Getting stationed at a new spot next year, and might need projects.

@  kevandkaye : (05 August 2021 - 10:52 PM)

How cool would it be for everyone here who has leftover parts, send them ALL to one person for a superbuild? Sorry, peeked in and got chatty!

@  kevandkaye : (05 August 2021 - 10:50 PM)

Sure am missing the days when Buicks were built by Buick.

@  kevandkaye : (05 August 2021 - 10:50 PM)

Paul's a mod?!?! I take you more for a resto......

@  ejguillot : (03 August 2021 - 10:28 PM)

Well, my project Buick is dead. Piston smacked a valve, piston/block/head is trashed. That killed my enthusiasm. Will be posting a parts for sale list real soon.

@  Marchi1 : (22 July 2021 - 05:30 PM)

Its even worse... he has been a memeber for 13 years and has 2 active posts.....

@  dezldave961 : (21 July 2021 - 11:38 PM)

Some people don't know how the internet works, and think deleting after posting somehow works like an Etch-A-Sketch. (You made 2 posts 13yrs ago about fixing an ignition switch, which I'd never know if you didn't ask about deleting... Look up Streisand Effect.)

@  Marchi1 : (21 July 2021 - 01:53 AM)

and just quit using it. there is very little update and while I can delete it why would you?

@  Marchi1 : (21 July 2021 - 01:52 AM)

that hurst I have been here in less than months

@  esqueue : (15 July 2021 - 05:50 PM)

A moderator hasn't been here for months

@  esqueue : (15 July 2021 - 05:48 PM)

How do I get my account deleted?

@  sky72lark : (25 June 2021 - 01:20 AM)

SELLING 99GS SEE FORUM, THANK YOU

@  dezldave961 : (16 June 2021 - 11:10 PM)

Good deal. I'll be resolving some issues when I get back from a work trip, as well.

@  ejguillot : (14 June 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Also rechecked the flexplate and rocker arm bolts, all were torqued to spec.

@  ejguillot : (14 June 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Update on the tap/knock noise: resolved most of it by resealing my exhaust. Front header to crossover pipe leak - noise at 1/2 engine RPM.

@  ejguillot : (04 June 2021 - 07:15 PM)

I'll recheck those, thanks for the heads up.

@  dezldave961 : (03 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Also, check that the rockers are all torqued, still. Re-usable bolts like to be around 25 or so, but settling in from running may back one out that was torqued while partially under load on a cam lobe.

@  dezldave961 : (03 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Did you do anything with the flexplate? Those 3 bolts tend to come loose and rattle over time, if not torqued with loctite.

@  ejguillot : (03 June 2021 - 04:46 PM)

doing OK. Tune's all fixed, but hearing a tap/knock noise from my engine that is no longer fading with higher RPM. Not good.

Photo

Brand newb

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 xb9rguy

xb9rguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa
  • First Name:
    Jeramy

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

Just bought my first Buick and supercharged car of any sort. Can't wait to let it breathe a little better. Read the guide to first mods, especially before a pulley. But I'm still trying to figure out what FWI stands for......gonna keep reading up and hopefully start doing some of the easier/cheaper mods here real soon! Anyways, just wanted to stop in and say hi. A little too excited about getting this 99 GS! 

#2 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

Hello and welcome.

F ender  We ll Intake 

#3 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

Hello, welcome to the 3800 platform. Everyone gets a little excited about modding these cars. My first ever regal, I had a blast and it as topswapped. So read around a bit more, find some cool threads, and again welcome to our buick family.

#4 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

Welcome to the site, Jeramy!

#5 xb9rguy

xb9rguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa
  • First Name:
    Jeramy

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the welcome fellas! And tippietoejoe THANK YOU!!! I was racking my brain for days trying to figure out what that stood for hahaha I knew it had to do with CAI but have never heard of FWI before. The things I had come up with were NOTHING close to that though haha. 

#6 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

• Members
  • 4,836 posts
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

There are lots of acronyms here.  If fact we have a whole thread dedicated to acronyms.

http://www.regalgs.o...-to-3800-regal/

Edited by OhMyGS, 18 April 2016 - 09:08 PM.

#7 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

I laughed at how much acronyms we have lol ^

#8 xb9rguy

xb9rguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa
  • First Name:
    Jeramy

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:45 PM

Thanks OhMyGS I'll have to check those out later!

#9 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

No worries.

#10 M_Dogg

M_Dogg

• Members
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationBrookfield IL
  • First Name:
    Marcin

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

Welcome!

#11 xb9rguy

xb9rguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa
  • First Name:
    Jeramy

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:38 AM

I'm not sure if the search bar isn't working or I'm just being special but I can't seem to get it to find anything..............could you guys maybe suggest first upgrades to do and what order to do them in? I've read the newbie guide and those are pretty much as far as I want to go with upgrades. Also will intake and exhaust etc actually make any difference without doing the PCM? Never really done any performance bolt ons like this before and want to be sure I don't grenade anything. I'll keep researching and looking but for some reason I just couldn't get the search to find a single thing I entered in. Thanks in advance to anybody willing to try and answer any of that and thanks again to all for the welcome! 

#12 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

• Members
  • 4,836 posts
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:12 AM

Seems the search doesn't like words 3 letters or less. Some will go to Google and search "regalgs.org first mod"

Get one of those $20 OBDII bluetooth ELM327's and the Torque app for your smartphone.  That way you can scan for KR.  Then make the engine breath easier...exhaust first.

#13 xb9rguy

xb9rguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa
  • First Name:
    Jeramy

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:59 AM

Ahh that makes sense. I was trying to look for ideas for CAI/FWI so that would explain it haha. I'll look into that ELM327 and the Torque app right now and try searching first mods. I just wasn't sure if the order that the newbie guide was the way to go or if it was just a list with no order. From what I gathered it seemed like deleting the U bend and doing a CAI or FWI would be the first to go with but again I'm new to engine mods. Done lots of reading, but never any hands on. Thanks for the suggestions Alan!

#14 DunkinDomnuts

DunkinDomnuts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCentral New Jersey
  • First Name:
    Dominick

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

Welcome. Look in to the gutted air box mod with reuseable filter. Great first cheap mod. And I run the ELM 327 for scaning and it works great. You can pick one off of ebay for around 20-30 bucks. Yes U bend delete is also another first cheap mod to kill some KR. Good luck with the new ride

#15 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:12 PM

Agree with Alan and Dominick scan scan scan. I started with a gutted air box running a K&N filter and a set of ebay headers. Without a tuner and this should be seriously one of your first mods because a canned PCM will only get you so far and leaves so much meat on the bone. So basically if you were my next door neighbor I would say 1. maintenance, 2. make your car flow better, 3. brakes and handling and then 5. power modifications. This would be my opinion also plan out what you want your goal to be this way you dont do things 3 times and spend alot in fluids, gaskets and bolts and what not....that will add up trust me. lol

Edited by tippietoejoe, 20 April 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#16 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

Agree with Alan and Dominick scan scan scan. I started with a gutted air box running a K&N filter and a set of ebay headers. Without a tuner and this should be seriously one of your first mods because a canned PCM will only get you so far and leaves so much meat on the bone. So basically if you were my next door neighbor I would say 1. maintenance, 2. make your car flow better, 3. brakes and handling and then 5. power modifications. This would be my opinion also plan out what you want your goal to be this way you dont do things 3 times and spend alot in fluids, gaskets and bolts and what not....that will add up trust me. lol

Hahahaha yes, listen to this man. He taught me everything I know. My first regal, I spent money over and over on doing things when I should've just saved parts and did everything at once.

#17 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:19 PM

Thanks Jimmie, remember this is just my way of doing things I am sure others have a good way of doing things aswell and in some cases it might be a better way of doing things.

#18 xb9rguy

xb9rguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa
  • First Name:
    Jeramy

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

Thanks guys! And Jimmie I've been thinking about just buying parts here and there and installing all at once. Also after driving it the past few days I'm thinking brakes are definitely going to be a top priority. They work fine but man are they slow compared to my Honda haha! Making her breathe better is definitely my main concern over just adding ponies also. I'm not trying to make a race car by any means, just want to make it a little more fun and free flowing. All the suggestions so far are MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

#19 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

Thanks guys! And Jimmie I've been thinking about just buying parts here and there and installing all at once. Also after driving it the past few days I'm thinking brakes are definitely going to be a top priority. They work fine but man are they slow compared to my Honda haha! Making her breathe better is definitely my main concern over just adding ponies also. I'm not trying to make a race car by any means, just want to make it a little more fun and free flowing. All the suggestions so far are MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

That's what I said. I wanted a fun daily driver now I'm running a pretty decent set up and soon an ic lol. Believe me when I say boost and timing gets addicting in these cars. As for brakes. Yes by far my most favorite add on. For 500 bucks I stop in less than a dime. It's worth every penny. I went with zzps kit for the 13.6 brake kit. And drilled and slotted rotors with red one pads. Same set up as tippie up there lol

#20 xb9rguy

xb9rguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa
  • First Name:
    Jeramy

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

I was actually just looking at their brake setups on their site lol. I know there's a thread about compatible brakes that you can buy at the auto parts store that I saw somewhere too. Budget is going to be my biggest issue so I'll be shopping around for best bang for the buck on all mods I end up doing. Twin 6 year old girls and pit bulls tend to put a hurt on my bank account lol. So any cheap mods you guys know of are definitely welcomed lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )