Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  alemstrom : (25 May 2017 - 05:21 PM)

;) happens, you should be able to edit your posts, I know I am able.

@  phi_alpha : (25 May 2017 - 01:18 PM)

i thought this was the search bar... im an idiot

@  phi_alpha : (25 May 2017 - 01:17 PM)

mach 1

@  alemstrom : (24 May 2017 - 01:43 PM)

Which GP forum? Clup GP?

@  Billycar11 : (17 May 2017 - 02:15 AM)

RIP Grand prix forums

@  alemstrom : (15 May 2017 - 12:01 AM)

Is this mic on. Test Test. How is everyone?!

@  Nateteo : (11 May 2017 - 12:19 AM)

So I found some Bonneville 16X7 webbed mags at my work.. Kinda rough. Has potential though.

@  Marchi1 : (21 April 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Whoa new guys....

@  jesman : (19 April 2017 - 01:24 PM)

random hello

@  BillyrayM : (19 April 2017 - 06:18 AM)

Any 1 on that can help me with my post?

@  BillyrayM : (17 April 2017 - 10:21 PM)

:sad-roulette:

@  Mitchell075 : (10 April 2017 - 03:39 AM)

Hey!

@  DunkinDomnuts : (07 April 2017 - 09:10 PM)

Hey guys long time no talk

@  Chrisolds : (03 April 2017 - 08:15 PM)

Thanks Dave, yeah I'm sure it is these people are just being annoying and I just wanted to let you know about it that's all. Thanks again

@  White Regal GS : (26 March 2017 - 06:00 PM)

Looking for a GSX grille for my 99

@  WildGS : (25 March 2017 - 06:01 AM)

not sure if I cleaned them all up or not...it's getting hard to keep up

@  Chrisolds : (25 March 2017 - 05:18 AM)

Haha this looks like a mess lol okay so no coy and paste it worked now just click on the blue link and you're good to go. Thanks Dave

@  Chrisolds : (25 March 2017 - 05:16 AM)

Copy and paste this link into your browser== http://www.regalgs.org/statuses/all/

@  Chrisolds : (25 March 2017 - 05:15 AM)

*it looks like part of it

@  Chrisolds : (25 March 2017 - 05:14 AM)

copy and paste the link I posted and use the second link I posted it should not have LINK behind the first one I wrote that but it looks likempart of it

Photo
- - - - -

Went to the track...ya, its been a while

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GS Dave

GS Dave

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

My brother in law and my nephews wanted to go to the street racing made safe event at PBIR.  They came by our house first and I was convinced to go with them.  Well, since I am already going to the track, why not take out the ole girl and let her stretch her legs.  

I had never been to one of these events, pretty cool.  You could run from a dig, a 20 roll, or a 40 roll.  All were using an arm drop start.  Since I've only raced from a dig, thats what I was doing.  The weird thing is you have to go in the pits an find somebody to race...pretty much NOBODY runs from a dig.  I guess its not a street racing thing.  One of the top cars there was doing a a shakedown run, and they let me run with him.  Pretty funny, it was a 9 sec car. lol  I did run a 13.9 on the run which I was actually really happy with as I could tell it wasn't  a good run.  I thought it felt like a low 14 sec run.

I finally find a car to race, it was a G8 GT.  He had axle back exhaust, tune, and intake.  I think that is all.  He said he dynoed 324 to the wheels.  My IC pump is dead, but I still ran the 3.25 pulley.  I was almost in complete street trim...only track adjustment was pulling the headlight.  Had full tire pressure, full tank of gas(blah), spare tire and tools in the trunk.

In my first run, I could tell the track had grip, so on my second run, I got very aggressive and was rewarded with my best run ever....there is only one problem....I know the video isn't the greatest, but please try to tell me why this run was not legit.  There were no timeslips at this event and my nephew did not remember the MPH, but the ET was too good to be true.(12.05)  :puke-front:   The G8 spun badly, he must have been skeered of the dirty Regal.  Or as the track anouncer said, Grandpa's Regal. The G8 guy was very cool. 

I will be going back to the track soon after I fix a couple of things on the Regal...but it will be a traditional test and tune night. 

#2 Murphinator

Murphinator

Yeah, I rule.

• Forum Moderator
  • 9,384 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • First Name:
    Keith

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

your nephews comments were priceless !

#3 Crazyguy03

Crazyguy03

Official RegalGS.org Flagship Car Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,525 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Hahaha that was awesome man. Congrats!!

#4 GS Dave

GS Dave

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

If you look carefully, the guy lining us up put us at the wrong spot...we were lined up about a car and a half behind the timing lights...nothing like a head start on that quarter mile.  So what does running a 12.05 in the 1340' convert to a 1320'?  Its amazing how much just a 20 foot run at the lights make.  I do think the run would have been a PB...could've would've should've.    

In my defense, this was my first time racing at the track since the complete overhaul about 10 years ago...its 100 concrete now...the whole street racing thing had me a bit confused.  Has it really been 10 years?  Going to have to look it up.  lol  My memory isn't what it used to be. lol

#5 Murphinator

Murphinator

Yeah, I rule.

• Forum Moderator
  • 9,384 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • First Name:
    Keith

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

shallow staging is all about gaining a few inches head start and is known to help reduce et's. 20 feet head start yeah that will drop it a lot !

#6 GS Dave

GS Dave

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Ya Murph, I totally agree. I figured as a legit run it might have been a mid to low 13.  Definitely felt faster than my 13.6 run of oh so many years ago.  Only way to tell though is to go back and make a real run.

#7 dezldave961

dezldave961

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFL
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

Good job, "uncle".  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Is PBIR a typically nice track to do traditional test-n-tunes at (assuming so)?  I'm just 2hrs up the road, and haven't tried heading there or to Orlando (Bithlo) yet for a T&T since digging the '04 out of NY storage last spring.  Should be able to come down to hang out later this year, after my tax-free trip to SW Asia is complete.  :flags-usa:

#8 GS Dave

GS Dave

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationJupiter, FL
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

The last time I was at a test and tune there was back when it was Moroso and before the remodel...but from my experience from when I went a few weeks ago(street racing night, not T&T), it is a really nice track.  I believe it is 100 concrete for the full length.  I hope to go back in a few weeks before its starts getting hot to see if I can get a new PB.  I think Orlando is a nice track, and if you area couple hours north of me, you should be next door to Orlando.  I have never been to the track there before.  Not sure I would feel good driving the ole girl up there.  

I'd like to get my Thasher IC installed one of these days to replace my non-functional MAP IC and then head to the track.  I also need to learn how to tune, I have HP tuners and literally have not installed it.  I bought it like 5 years ago. lol

Be safe on your trip!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )