Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  scottydoggs98 : (03 November 2017 - 11:49 PM)

no way you blew it up lol coupler might be bad already if its clicking when you turn th epulley back and fourth .

@  griff-97gs : (03 November 2017 - 04:43 PM)

blew my supercharger this weekend wen my serpentine belt snapped coming off the freeway anyone know the cost to hav one rebuilt

@  Loly : (23 October 2017 - 08:29 PM)

Check out MPD for hoods, I have one and Crazyguy03 has one as well and they are great for heat release and Cold Air (RAM AIR). Here's the link.... http://www.mpd1.com

@  bad108 : (19 October 2017 - 02:14 PM)

hoods

@  jwguinn : (16 October 2017 - 02:36 PM)

Anyone know the actual flow rate on siemens 60lb injectors? I have seen anywhere 60-65, that is big difference. I used 62 in my tune...

@  jwguinn : (19 September 2017 - 01:35 AM)

nvm I found it. ripoff! I think I will make one...

@  jwguinn : (18 September 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Anyone know the part number or where to get a replacement for the short very curved vacuum line that connects to the throttle body mine is split where it connects...?

@  EnderDRM : (13 September 2017 - 12:04 AM)

So the headers and 3" exhaust is on. Sounds pretty good.

@  bigbird90650 : (31 August 2017 - 09:12 AM)

I'm looking for regal "GSX" emblems. Anyone have any for sale? I am looking for the OEM SLP GSX chrome emblems. Thanks

@  EnderDRM : (30 August 2017 - 09:27 PM)

Hi all, I thought I would get the plugs replaced while the headers are being installed. Recomendations for plugs?

@  Marchi1 : (25 August 2017 - 02:08 PM)

Speedy daddy is the default cheap. I have been running pacesetters for 10 years and with the exception of one issue have had no problems.

@  scottydoggs98 : (22 August 2017 - 02:02 AM)

every now and again you get a poorily built cross over pipe and they dont fit right. only issue with them

@  scottydoggs98 : (22 August 2017 - 02:02 AM)

those are what most of use run, good ol speed daddy

@  EnderDRM : (22 August 2017 - 01:37 AM)

http://speed-daddy.c...cription_tabbed

@  EnderDRM : (22 August 2017 - 01:36 AM)

so what about these?

@  Fast86GN : (21 August 2017 - 09:10 PM)

Where the hell is everyone?

@  chromeGS : (19 August 2017 - 01:07 AM)

Long time since ive been on... hows everyone been

@  WildGS : (12 July 2017 - 04:11 AM)

You are making me do things....I need to spend time on stupid car stuff

@  Marchi1 : (12 July 2017 - 02:35 AM)

How is everyone doing tonight?

@  scottydoggs98 : (09 July 2017 - 12:52 PM)

some of the 99 pcms will work take a 01 bin, those you can change the vin # ive found.

Photo
- - - - -

Knocking sound, possible piston slap maybe?

Knocking pistons bearings tensioner coupler supercharger supercharged help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SilverbackRegalGs

SilverbackRegalGs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • First Name:
    Devan

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

2000 Buick Regal GS

At idle, there's a pretty obvious knocking sound, but once the rpms get anything over about 1k, the sound gets very feint almost to the point to where you can barely barely hear it. I've replaced the tensioner for the supercharger belt, and I've replaced the coupler inside the snout ready. I'm at a loss. I've been asking people and they keep saying it sounds like rod knock or piston slap. When they say that, I think to myself, wouldn't you be able to hear both of those all the way through the rpms? The closest video I could find with the same sound is this.. https://m.youtube.co...h?v=nIpIrwsn5pg

This is my daily, so I'm trying everything before I have to get rid of her.

#2 fastbuick25

fastbuick25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Locationoklahoma
  • First Name:
    bryan

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:43 AM

take supercharge belt off and see if noise is still there if soo then take main drive belt off and see if noise there

#3 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

In some cases the noise will not sound the same during different levels of the rpm speeds...this is because the oil flow and way the bearing could be damaged..a rod could float and create less noise....there is also the valves to look at if you are hearing a knock to ticking coming off the top end...a floating valve can get louder and more violent with rpms aswell...Bryan has the best idea....if you think it's a sc issue than remove the belt...the screw will still turn slightly but not at all at normal speeds....if you still hear the noise do a compression check...if you still have issues the only way to check for a floating valve or worn guides is to remove them.

#4 b4black

b4black

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationAurora, IL
  • First Name:
    Rich

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:50 PM

Check into a cracked flexplate. Common problem and sounds like a bad bearing. Worse at isle, goes away with rpm. http://www.regalgs.o...ate#entry390405

#5 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

good call Rich.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Knocking, pistons, bearings, tensioner, coupler, supercharger, supercharged, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )