Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jwguinn : (19 September 2017 - 01:35 AM)

nvm I found it. ripoff! I think I will make one...

@  jwguinn : (18 September 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Anyone know the part number or where to get a replacement for the short very curved vacuum line that connects to the throttle body mine is split where it connects...?

@  EnderDRM : (13 September 2017 - 12:04 AM)

So the headers and 3" exhaust is on. Sounds pretty good.

@  bigbird90650 : (31 August 2017 - 09:12 AM)

I'm looking for regal "GSX" emblems. Anyone have any for sale? I am looking for the OEM SLP GSX chrome emblems. Thanks

@  EnderDRM : (30 August 2017 - 09:27 PM)

Hi all, I thought I would get the plugs replaced while the headers are being installed. Recomendations for plugs?

@  Marchi1 : (25 August 2017 - 02:08 PM)

Speedy daddy is the default cheap. I have been running pacesetters for 10 years and with the exception of one issue have had no problems.

@  scottydoggs98 : (22 August 2017 - 02:02 AM)

every now and again you get a poorily built cross over pipe and they dont fit right. only issue with them

@  scottydoggs98 : (22 August 2017 - 02:02 AM)

those are what most of use run, good ol speed daddy

@  EnderDRM : (22 August 2017 - 01:37 AM)

http://speed-daddy.c...cription_tabbed

@  EnderDRM : (22 August 2017 - 01:36 AM)

so what about these?

@  Fast86GN : (21 August 2017 - 09:10 PM)

Where the hell is everyone?

@  chromeGS : (19 August 2017 - 01:07 AM)

Long time since ive been on... hows everyone been

@  WildGS : (12 July 2017 - 04:11 AM)

You are making me do things....I need to spend time on stupid car stuff

@  Marchi1 : (12 July 2017 - 02:35 AM)

How is everyone doing tonight?

@  scottydoggs98 : (09 July 2017 - 12:52 PM)

some of the 99 pcms will work take a 01 bin, those you can change the vin # ive found.

@  scottydoggs98 : (09 July 2017 - 12:50 PM)

the vin is kept in the pcm, you cant change the vin @ with dhp on 01 up cars, so if you use a the cars pcm with dhp it will retain the cars vin#. so if you flash a new bin to the pcm, its vin stays put.

@  RacingRegal36 : (08 July 2017 - 11:05 PM)

i need a bin that will work with this vin: 1g4cu541914206781

@  RacingRegal36 : (08 July 2017 - 10:33 PM)

does anyone have a 2000 park avenue .bin file?

@  M_Dogg : (08 July 2017 - 04:33 PM)

Ha! This guy, what up pendejo?

@  SuperDave : (08 July 2017 - 02:58 AM)

Sup FUCKERZ

Photo
- - - - -

Other replacements while doing LIM gasket

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 golfwiz36

golfwiz36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    David

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:49 PM

Just bought a 03 gs with 108k on it about two months ago. I knew before purchasing it that the LIM gaskets would need to be replaced because there was a small leak. I plan on tearing the car apart next week and was wonder what else I should replace when I have everything apart? I already have the dorman aluminum elbows and the Felpro MS 98014 T Intake Manifold Gasket set. I think may have read somewhere about a supercharger gasket and a plenum gasket. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!

#2 fastbuick25

fastbuick25

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Locationoklahoma
  • First Name:
    bryan

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

i would replace the water pump and thermostat and flush cooling system and replace heater hoses and upper rad and lowwer rad hoses while its  apart all good investment before any fails 

#3 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

the supercharger gasket is called a upper plenum gasket.  so that clears them 2 gaskets up for ya.  

before you go and tear it down, take the sc belt off, then grab the sc pulley and roll it back and forth, roll one way, then snap it back the other way hard and quick, if you feel a click or even hear it click, buy a new coupler and two 4 oz bottles of sc oil and a small tube of anaerobic sealant. easy to swap when its off the engine.  

if its a clicking order them parts before hand. also rock auto, buy the magnum lim kit they have listed, its the 40 dollar kit and it comes with all sorts of extra stuff, like injector o rings, side coolant cover gasket, and a tube of rtv.  

they also sell the sc  aka upper plenum gasket for about 11 bucks. 

ebay has coupler and oil kits. get a green coupler. not a dorman black pos. 

#4 golfwiz36

golfwiz36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • First Name:
    David

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

the supercharger gasket is called a upper plenum gasket.  so that clears them 2 gaskets up for ya.  

before you go and tear it down, take the sc belt off, then grab the sc pulley and roll it back and forth, roll one way, then snap it back the other way hard and quick, if you feel a click or even hear it click, buy a new coupler and two 4 oz bottles of sc oil and a small tube of anaerobic sealant. easy to swap when its off the engine.  

if its a clicking order them parts before hand. also rock auto, buy the magnum lim kit they have listed, its the 40 dollar kit and it comes with all sorts of extra stuff, like injector o rings, side coolant cover gasket, and a tube of rtv.  

Great, thanks for clearing that gasket thing up for me. I am looking to order green coupler and new supercharger oil. I just replaced supercharger oil but looks like I will need to replace again to get new coupler on. I'm curious what the anaerobic sealant is recommend for? Ordering plenum gasket today as well. 

#5 golfwiz36

golfwiz36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • First Name:
    David

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

i would replace the water pump and thermostat and flush cooling system and replace heater hoses and upper rad and lowwer rad hoses while its  apart all good investment before any fails 

Thanks for the input, had planned on doing most of what you recommended expect water pump. Will put that on list of things to order as well.

#6 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

All the Basic Mods

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:40 PM

Anaerobic sealant is used as there is no open air to cure the sealant when the sc is assembled. While the lim is off you could gasket match the ports on the LIM and also you could improve coolant flow by removing the end cap on the LIM and milling or grinding away alittle surface area.

Edited by tippietoejoe, 12 June 2017 - 11:43 PM.

#7 golfwiz36

golfwiz36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • First Name:
    David

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

So I tore everything down over the weekend, and when I was going to pull the coupler off the super charger, the blower/fin assembly came loose before the seal that holds the coupler. Looking at it all carboned up i started spraying it with brake clean and quickly regretted it because the thin pcv(i think film) started coming off. Is there a way to re-apply this and how import for this to be on there if I run it without that coating? Again this is the film on the blower fins itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )