Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  WildGS : (15 November 2018 - 02:48 AM)

almost forgot about this place until the bill showed up....

@  marcleach75 : (24 October 2018 - 07:30 PM)

Are you sure it's the actuator not the vacuum line?

@  gumba : (23 October 2018 - 11:35 PM)

need help with blend door actuator is there one on the passenger side?

@  NohawkRob : (21 October 2018 - 12:21 PM)

transmission flush

@  marcleach75 : (19 October 2018 - 07:15 PM)

Who knows, people use apps nowadays. Not to many youngins use urls.

@  alemstrom : (08 October 2018 - 12:12 AM)

What's poppin! We don't know what to do to liven up the website!

@  steveyjr1982 : (01 October 2018 - 09:58 PM)

The majority of people on fb are annoying.

@  ejguillot : (21 September 2018 - 03:03 PM)

Agreed. I'd rather pay money to keep this site going than be on Facebook and having everything on there be used to make a buck for Zuck and company.

@  Vicious6 : (20 September 2018 - 01:48 PM)

We need to get this place moving again! Post link to this site on every social media site you know! Been around too long and we can't let it go down..........

@  Vicious6 : (20 September 2018 - 01:08 PM)

Seems everyone is too stressed to be online and worried about where their next meal is coming from! Rough times right now!

@  ejguillot : (14 September 2018 - 01:15 AM)

Still dead in here. Get off Facebook!

@  tpivette : (02 August 2018 - 01:08 AM)

Crazy, huh? I remember when I first got my GS in 2010 this place was a lot more active

@  Marchi1 : (30 July 2018 - 06:24 PM)

wow two weeks with no input

@  buck531 : (17 July 2018 - 01:15 AM)

ded

@  ejguillot : (12 July 2018 - 04:47 PM)

It is dead in here. Everyone on facebook?

@  M_Dogg : (03 July 2018 - 11:40 PM)

hello!!
echo
..echo
....echo

@  buck531 : (28 June 2018 - 01:37 PM)

this place is dead :(

@  keithr182 : (03 June 2018 - 07:13 PM)

Hey everyone. Just posted some parts for sale including a S2 IC if anyone is interested!

@  wq : (02 June 2018 - 04:46 PM)

p0171

@  jmaechtlen : (26 May 2018 - 04:34 AM)

fun, fun, fun

Photo
- - - - -

What Type of Maintenance for Moonroof?

and how to fix one

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildcat

Wildcat

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • First Name:
    Paul

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:27 AM

I seem to remember some discussions about moonroofs, but wondering what you all do for general preventative maintenance to keep them running smooth.

I have always had good luck with the ones in my cars, but hardly use them either. Typically they stay closed so I don't get a lot of crap in them. Yesterday mine made a horrible snapping sound (well, two or three of them) but opened all the way. Then closed all the way (with another couple of snapping sounds). Tilting up and down worked normally.

Opened it up all the way today to check the rails and for anything obviously wrong, and found the grease pretty tacky and almost non-existent. Maybe that's normal, but didn't fell right to me. But the four small black plastic stubby thingies laying in the tracks definitely didn't look good and now the roof opens way past the normal level and won't close all the way without help.

Got it closed, but the driver's rear corner no longer comes all the way back up to level with the roof.

Any of this sound familiar to anyone? I can post pics of the busted pieces, but figured someone's run across this before. Some say it's pretty easy to service a roof, but they look about as non-serviceable as a part can get to me.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully you can offer some advice too.

Paul

#2 Wildcat

Wildcat

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • First Name:
    Paul

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:46 AM

Back to the top to hopefully hear some helpful hints.

But basically going to need it rebuilt/refurbed. Is there a standard kind of shop that deals with sun/moon roofs anymore? I don't remember seeing any around here, but if they exist I probably have one nearby. Will do a search, but in the meantime wondering what all anyone else has done with their broken moonroofs?

Seems mine must have gotten a little stuck on the rubber seals, then the weak plastic pieces just broke while the motor was trying to pull things apart.

Thanks for any help or links to past discussions. Not finding any with my initial searches in September. Will try again.

Paul

#3 de.regal

de.regal

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • LocationUS of A
  • First Name:
    Franny

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:55 AM

Do a Google search for GM sunroof repair parts. I believe I found mine from a company in Florida ordered replacement parts those plastic thingies. Then came the fun part of taking the interior headliner shell out then the sunroof down and out plus the sun visors which are a pita. The kit I bought came with the sliders the plastic thing he's Grease and complete instructions. Before you take the track apart there is a mark you need to make exactly lineup with the new plastic track sliders and the track on each side. Otherwise the sunroof will stick up too high or not enough. Good luck

#4 Wildcat

Wildcat

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • First Name:
    Paul

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:07 AM

Hey, thanks for that info! And yeah, I'm not looking forward to digging out the headliner and visors, but figure I can tackle it now that I don't have to deal with the heat.

Well, I suppose heat is better than rain when you've got your roof opened up!

Thanks again.

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )