Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  LS5454SS : (25 November 2018 - 01:45 AM)

@wildgs :*(

@  WildGS : (15 November 2018 - 02:48 AM)

almost forgot about this place until the bill showed up....

@  marcleach75 : (24 October 2018 - 07:30 PM)

Are you sure it's the actuator not the vacuum line?

@  gumba : (23 October 2018 - 11:35 PM)

need help with blend door actuator is there one on the passenger side?

@  NohawkRob : (21 October 2018 - 12:21 PM)

transmission flush

@  marcleach75 : (19 October 2018 - 07:15 PM)

Who knows, people use apps nowadays. Not to many youngins use urls.

@  alemstrom : (08 October 2018 - 12:12 AM)

What's poppin! We don't know what to do to liven up the website!

@  steveyjr1982 : (01 October 2018 - 09:58 PM)

The majority of people on fb are annoying.

@  ejguillot : (21 September 2018 - 03:03 PM)

Agreed. I'd rather pay money to keep this site going than be on Facebook and having everything on there be used to make a buck for Zuck and company.

@  Vicious6 : (20 September 2018 - 01:48 PM)

We need to get this place moving again! Post link to this site on every social media site you know! Been around too long and we can't let it go down..........

@  Vicious6 : (20 September 2018 - 01:08 PM)

Seems everyone is too stressed to be online and worried about where their next meal is coming from! Rough times right now!

@  ejguillot : (14 September 2018 - 01:15 AM)

Still dead in here. Get off Facebook!

@  tpivette : (02 August 2018 - 01:08 AM)

Crazy, huh? I remember when I first got my GS in 2010 this place was a lot more active

@  Marchi1 : (30 July 2018 - 06:24 PM)

wow two weeks with no input

@  buck531 : (17 July 2018 - 01:15 AM)

ded

@  ejguillot : (12 July 2018 - 04:47 PM)

It is dead in here. Everyone on facebook?

@  M_Dogg : (03 July 2018 - 11:40 PM)

hello!!
echo
..echo
....echo

@  buck531 : (28 June 2018 - 01:37 PM)

this place is dead :(

@  keithr182 : (03 June 2018 - 07:13 PM)

Hey everyone. Just posted some parts for sale including a S2 IC if anyone is interested!

@  wq : (02 June 2018 - 04:46 PM)

p0171

Photo
- - - - -

Heated seat swap

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:53 PM

I know this isn't a Grand Prix forum but their forums are absolutely terrible. I picked up a 2005 gtp and it seems like the only option it has is the gtp package lol. Wanting to swap in heated leather interior if it's a plug and play swap. Any information from you guys would be great! Scoured the internet and couldnt find any similar write ups

#2 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:56 AM

Usually the factory harness is tucked under the carpet under the console. Heated seats in good condition are getting pretty hard to find. You'll also new the switches. Check with Morad. For the most part, it is plug and play. In my 97.5, I couldn't find the harness so had to run wire.

#3 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

Yeah I'm trying to find a loaded up car with a bad engine or trans remotely close to me but I've had no luck. Thanks for the info though! I figured it would be pretty much plug and play. Wanting to do the 5 button dic swap as well.

#4 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:19 AM

Yeah I'm trying to find a loaded up car with a bad engine or trans remotely close to me but I've had no luck. Thanks for the info though! I figured it would be pretty much plug and play. Wanting to do the 5 button dic swap as well.

Hey, welcome to this forum, we usually are really nice here, our moderator is really good about kicking people out who act extremely rude. Having been kicked out of the dead gtp forums, I came here and made a home. So,hopefully you find a clean interior eventually, alot of us prefer cloth because of the comfort factor and “weight reduction” lmao.

#5 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:51 PM

Nice to meet you lol I've been creeping on this forum for a couple years but haven't had the chance to pick up a regal that I like. Had a n/a Grand Prix now I've finally made the leap to the supercharged life. Got the basics, 104 plugs, wires, intake, headers and now debating on e85

#6 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

Nice to meet you lol I've been creeping on this forum for a couple years but haven't had the chance to pick up a regal that I like. Had a n/a Grand Prix now I've finally made the leap to the supercharged life. Got the basics, 104 plugs, wires, intake, headers and now debating on e85

E85 is a relatively easy conversion but you’ll need injectors and some tuning done. Injectors range depending on where you live, most will go with a deka 60lb injectors, i ran 42.5s on both my builds with no issues or hiting the injector limit, but its different for everyone.

#7 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

Yeah my plan was deka 60's with a bigger fuel pump and a rewire kit. Not sure on what pulley I can go down to on that set up. Still running the stock pulley as of now. also don't won't my stock transmission with 109k to hate me lol

#8 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

Yeah my plan was deka 60's with a bigger fuel pump and a rewire kit. Not sure on what pulley I can go down to on that set up. Still running the stock pulley as of now. also don't won't my stock transmission with 109k to hate me lol

In colorado it allowed me to run a gen v with a 3.3 pulley pretty easily but i had 42.5lb injectors not 60s. I also had ported heads, lim, and rockers. The trans on mine was also rebuilt too, so its hard to say.

#9 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

Yeah I'm just running sd headers with no cat, 104 autolites, zzp plug wires, wiz air intake. Thinking maybe I could set down to a 3.4 with lots of timing. It's my daily so I want to keep it simple stupid. Maybe 1.9 rockers in the future, I don't like this car enough to commit to a xp cam lol

#10 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:54 AM

Yeah I'm just running sd headers with no cat, 104 autolites, zzp plug wires, wiz air intake. Thinking maybe I could set down to a 3.4 with lots of timing. It's my daily so I want to keep it simple stupid. Maybe 1.9 rockers in the future, I don't like this car enough to commit to a xp cam lol

Yeah i ran 1.9s and i was satisfied through and through. 3.4 is fine

#11 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

as far as the heated seats go, gp's never came with both sides heated, only the driver side, and if you dont have it, pretty sure theres no plug for it to work. you'd have to get its harness from the fuse box, if you want the pass seat to work too, you need to add the heat pads then wire up a after market kit. a guy on gpf did the pass seat via a kit, got another switch to match the stock one, cut and molded the new switch next to the stock one and did some jumpers switch to switch to make it light up right at night. 

headers, rockers, 3.4 pulley you say?  you'll want more soon. those are basic intro to modding mods.  and owning your own tuner can be a huge help too, even for that basic set up. or stock for that matter, trans tune alone wakes these cars up a bit. that extra timing you want, dont count on it. 

my car refused to take anything over 18 with all my mods, then i just tossed the timing file in the trash and went super aggressive and it now takes 21 wot, who knew? lol 

i just had my local shop do my brake and fuel lines, i told them nothing about my car, other then heres the new lines. just looking at the engine you can tell its got a little pulley and belt wrap, but thats all really. the ic if you know what your looking at, anyways i pick it up and the guys like damn thats one hell of a sleeper you got there. i got into it a little bit and it just takes off, all i hear is sc whine lol 

1.95 yt fsic, ported lim, 42 lb injectors, ported heads, l36 bottom end, 2.8 pulley and meth injection with 93 octane gas. also has a new semi built tranny, all the good stuff minus hard parts. the modded valve body and full shift kit installed feels better then ever. 

meth opened the door to all that timing i run now. with out it, i was stuck at 14º wot and a 3.2 pulley.  so meth alone let me jump up 4º timing and drop to a 2.8. then better tuning on the timing file got me to 21.  cant wat to see what that does for me at the track. im dying for a low 13.  

#12 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

04-08 Grand prix have dual heated seats. GM cars seem to have the mostly universal harnesses. with the Gen v blower a 3.4 is silmilar to a 3.25 on a gen 3 when both are stock. You're right with never being satisfied though but I have to have a limit with my daily that I have to count on day in and day out with a original tranny. Hoping to find a super clean low miles regal gse or a 2 door Grand Prix gtx in the future

#13 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:15 PM

i daily drive mine, it feels all normal till you lay into the gas pedal.  

and 60's are over kill for your plans. 42's would be just fine on gas. and stock injectors dont get maxed out till you hit a 3.2 pulley.  thats when i got 42's the 3.2 made me do it. 

if you want to run e85 one day then get 60's that way your already upgraded for them. 

and you cant just drop in larger injectors, you need to tune the pcm for them. 

#14 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:11 AM

Yeah the only reason I will do injectors is to go to e85, but its a big chunk of money for me to transition, bigger pump, injectors, tune, all the stuff to go to the mps, pump rewire kit. Being a broke apprentice sucks lol

#15 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

all my mods came one by one over a long time, aka years..... have a plan and add a new part every year or so. stuff comes up used all the time pretty cheap. all my mods are used too except for the meth kit, i got that new. 

one of my better scores was the 5 pulleys and hub for 130 shipped. then i also scored a pulley puller for 20 bucks, headers for a 100, i did have to remove them from his car, but thats ok. and it went on like that for a while. 

#16 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

Yeah that's probably the best way to do it. Wouldn't mind scooping up a used intercooler.

#17 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

Yeah that's probably the best way to do it. Wouldn't mind scooping up a used intercooler.

knowing what i know about meth now. id get meth and a tuner and a smaller pulley first. 

i came close to getting a second l67 car, plan was to just put meth on it and see how small a pulley i could get away with, then make it my daily driver.  

then i bought a tahoe lol 

#18 Nat obrien

Nat obrien

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • First Name:
    Nathan

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Yeah the biggest mod this car is probably going to get is e85 with a small pulley and a real good tune. Would do a intercooler if I find a good deal on a used setup. Not exactly sure what pulley im Gonna be able to get down to with the basic bolt ons and e85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )