Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  LS5454SS : (25 November 2018 - 01:45 AM)

@wildgs :*(

@  WildGS : (15 November 2018 - 02:48 AM)

almost forgot about this place until the bill showed up....

@  marcleach75 : (24 October 2018 - 07:30 PM)

Are you sure it's the actuator not the vacuum line?

@  gumba : (23 October 2018 - 11:35 PM)

need help with blend door actuator is there one on the passenger side?

@  NohawkRob : (21 October 2018 - 12:21 PM)

transmission flush

@  marcleach75 : (19 October 2018 - 07:15 PM)

Who knows, people use apps nowadays. Not to many youngins use urls.

@  alemstrom : (08 October 2018 - 12:12 AM)

What's poppin! We don't know what to do to liven up the website!

@  steveyjr1982 : (01 October 2018 - 09:58 PM)

The majority of people on fb are annoying.

@  ejguillot : (21 September 2018 - 03:03 PM)

Agreed. I'd rather pay money to keep this site going than be on Facebook and having everything on there be used to make a buck for Zuck and company.

@  Vicious6 : (20 September 2018 - 01:48 PM)

We need to get this place moving again! Post link to this site on every social media site you know! Been around too long and we can't let it go down..........

@  Vicious6 : (20 September 2018 - 01:08 PM)

Seems everyone is too stressed to be online and worried about where their next meal is coming from! Rough times right now!

@  ejguillot : (14 September 2018 - 01:15 AM)

Still dead in here. Get off Facebook!

@  tpivette : (02 August 2018 - 01:08 AM)

Crazy, huh? I remember when I first got my GS in 2010 this place was a lot more active

@  Marchi1 : (30 July 2018 - 06:24 PM)

wow two weeks with no input

@  buck531 : (17 July 2018 - 01:15 AM)

ded

@  ejguillot : (12 July 2018 - 04:47 PM)

It is dead in here. Everyone on facebook?

@  M_Dogg : (03 July 2018 - 11:40 PM)

hello!!
echo
..echo
....echo

@  buck531 : (28 June 2018 - 01:37 PM)

this place is dead :(

@  keithr182 : (03 June 2018 - 07:13 PM)

Hey everyone. Just posted some parts for sale including a S2 IC if anyone is interested!

@  wq : (02 June 2018 - 04:46 PM)

p0171

Photo
- - - - -

Right Front Brake Sticking when backing out.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4boostin

4boostin

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • First Name:
    John

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:30 PM

After backing out of my driveway, and putting the car in gear, I've always heard a clicking noise, which I assumed was the ABS.  Lately, after putting the car in drive, I hear the clicking noise and the ABS light, and the brake light come on and the brakes are stuck on as if I am pushing on the brake pedal when I try to accelerate.  On one occasion when this happened, I drove for a block and then felt all the rotors.  The right front rotor was too hot to touch compared to the others, which were just warm.  If I put the car in Park, shut it off and restart it, the ABS and brake light are off and I can feel the stuck brake release when I start to accelerate.  I can now drive for miles and miles in stop and go traffic without a problem.  After being parked for a few minutes to several hours, the problem happens all over again.  

Is my right front ABS sensor bad??  

#2 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:03 PM

That's a good place to start since re-booting the car clears the problem.  If your wheel bearings are getting near their end of life anyway, just replace.  Then I would say the next stop is ABS module.

#3 orgedaddy

orgedaddy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationNew Brighton, MN
  • First Name:
    Russ

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:25 AM

My car does something very similar.  Sometimes it doesn't do it for several trips.  Other times I'll have to restart it 4 or 5 times to get the lights off and brakes to unstick. When you turn the key off you have to wait several seconds for the red brake light to go out before restarting.  Its pretty annoying.  

If I'm gentle with the brakes something will release after about 1/4 mile.  If you have to use the brakes too heavily the brake gets stuck on too hard and this will not happen.  Addtionally, the brake will get stupid hot even in a 1/4 mile if its really stuck on.

My car is a 98 and has a separate traction control module in addtion to the abs module.  This traction control module has the ability to make the brakes stick when it is not in its home position.  My car has the following fault codes:

C1362 Right front traction control motor shorted to ground

C1236 Low system voltage

C1286 Brake control module turned on red brake light

U1300 Serial data circuit shorted to ground

U1016 Loss of serial data related

P1610 Theft deterrent system related

P1626 Theft deterrent system related

I think C1362 or C1236 code is 'real'.  It could be the motor, wiring or drivers inside the control module is shorted.  When the short occurs it drives the low voltage code.  I also think its possible that some electrical connection rot is causing low voltage when the system tries to boot/initialize itself.  Once the voltage is too low the system gives up, leaves the control motors in non homed positions, and stops communicating to the other control modules.  Leaving the motors in unhomed position makes the brakes stick.

I had a somewhat similar problem several years ago (no rear brakes, stuck brakes, abs/brake/traction control lights).  In that case I followed the code for a jammed rear abs motor.  I replaced just the motor pack for the abs module (didn't even have to mess with the brake lines).  The rear brake motor did have a worn bearing and was jammed up.  It worked without incident for several years after that repair.

Other than pulling the codes, I have not tried to fix my current stuck brake issue.  Not enough time, I've been just putting up with it.

My suggestion is get the codes and see what got.  Several auto parts store chains will borrow you a scan tool that can read ABS codes.

Russ

Edited by orgedaddy, 05 October 2018 - 03:34 AM.

#4 scottydoggs98

scottydoggs98

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • First Name:
    scott

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

i have a 98 with messed up abs too. it would fail the abs self test and lock up both front brakes.  pulled codes, could never get it fixed, got tired of the BS, so the abs fuse has been pulled for ohhh, 8 years now.....brakes work fantastic with no abs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )