Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Marchi1 : (13 January 2021 - 12:20 AM)

I think we can do that

@  ejguillot : (01 January 2021 - 07:29 PM)

Happy New Year all! Let's keep this board alive for 2021.

@  dezldave961 : (26 November 2020 - 07:26 PM)

Same. While having my GTP from 02-14, I built it for a buddy in 09 and bought it from him in 16. Going all out now while we're still on partial shutdown. Great way to pass the time.

@  ejguillot : (19 November 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Welcome back earth1. I'm still sticking by my project regal, even if it has been a garage queen for the last couple of years.

@  earth1 : (18 November 2020 - 03:27 PM)

I want to thank those who run this site for their dedication and for keeping this site going through the years. To have a really good Regal GS, one has to have an extraordinary level of dedication to the car that includes a long-term commitment to it, and not just a passing fancy. Similarly, to the people that keep this site going through the years had to have a similar level of dedication and commitment to keeping it going. I just want to tip my hat, pay my sincere respect to this level of commitment, and say thank you. I will try to contribute what I can. I know that these cars are 20+ years old now and a lot of people have moved on from them, but I want to be counted as one of the ones that stuck with them for the long-term. I hope to see others that love their Regals be active here in this site, and for the Regal community to support each other. Count me in.

@  earth1 : (16 November 2020 - 07:49 PM)

I finally remembered my password and can get logged in. I have missed posting to this forum. Lots of things to add here from my own Regal GSE project.

@  ejguillot : (20 October 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Well, welcome back!

@  Marchi1 : (13 October 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Holy Crap I got in...finally remembered my login

@  dezldave961 : (08 October 2020 - 02:13 PM)

:peeks around the corner:

@  ejguillot : (06 October 2020 - 01:41 PM)

Glad to hear there are still lurkers around.

@  buck531 : (05 October 2020 - 12:15 AM)

sup turd buckets?

@  de.regal : (04 October 2020 - 10:50 PM)

Still lurk every day

@  tpivette : (03 October 2020 - 02:32 AM)

Sucks these forums are as vacant as they are... oh well, there's still the faithful like us!

@  kevandkaye : (27 September 2020 - 02:40 AM)

Yet still, we lurk. :o

@  ejguillot : (27 September 2020 - 01:08 AM)

Yeah, Facebook took over and killed forums.

@  dezldave961 : (26 September 2020 - 03:24 AM)

Ya, most of the original wave of active members have changed vehicles to something (probably) less mod-friendly, with the occasional person in an LS or Hemi that they do some bolt-ons to. Kinda sad that forums faded.

@  ejguillot : (23 September 2020 - 09:02 PM)

Finally updated my signature to match my current Buick.

@  ejguillot : (10 September 2020 - 03:20 AM)

Things are terminally quiet around here...

@  sky72lark : (07 August 2020 - 12:38 AM)

:orcs-buttshake:

@  dezldave961 : (29 July 2020 - 04:06 AM)

Just became a moderator on 3800Pro, so that's fun. I know it's gone thru a couple hands since Intense got sold, then that guy sold the forum. Not sure what that'll help, but it's something.

Photo
- - - - -

Decisions Decisions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deezdad

deezdad

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMendon, Ma
  • First Name:
    Dan

Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:33 AM

Help me out I'm waffling here.. got a line on a GMC syclone it's stock with 34k miles, I can get it for $28k. Here the thing Ive got an 04 gs that's been sitting in my garage unused for a few years and I'm starting to miss it.. only has 100k miles on it runs good but the passenger rocker panel is wasted completely rotted out, what does it take to fix this issue? Worth it to fix? Doesn't have to look pretty as Im fine with the ugly sleeper look so was thinking of saving the $ & stress of buying/owning a syclone and making the gs fast with bolt one... Only room for 1, what would you do???

#2 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:21 AM

I'll give you my 100% biased answer. I'm pretty frugal, and $28,000 is a lot of money to me. Plus I have some ability to do a decent repair. I remember a thread on here where one of the members did a rotten rocker panel repair. So I would side with keeping the GS and the 28k. Put the 28k towards a retirement or college fund. This from a guy that has over 50 years of making decisions similar to the one you are wrestling with. Now that I'm nearing retirement, there are a few things I would have done differently.

#3 deezdad

deezdad

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMendon, Ma
  • First Name:
    Dan

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:01 AM

I appreciate your wise words of wisdom & valid points

#4 tpivette

tpivette

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE
  • First Name:
    Anthony

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:18 AM

Whew... hard decision to make there. The Syclone is a special piece of automobile history and nostalgia, so owning one of those would be a dream come true. I remember reading magazines about those amazing vehicles, and their low 13 sec 1/4 mile times bone stock when I was in middle school.

However, 28 grand is alot of money... and a Regal GS can be made just as fast for super cheap (however, it'll NEVER launch as hard as the AWD in that truck!). Since I don't know your available free time, or mechanical aptitude, I cannot comment on the repairability factor of your rocker panel woes.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, as that would be just as hard a decision for me if I was actually in that position. Some of us will never be so lucky!

#5 ejguillot

ejguillot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationTampa
  • First Name:
    Edwin

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

deezdad,

I had bought a set of replacement rocker panels from https://www.c2cfabrication.com, but never installed them.  (changed out the Regal to one with no rust.) They were bare metal and I painted them with weld through primer to keep them rust free. 

New they're about $35 each + shipping, if you're interested I can sell you mine (both panels, in the original box). Shipping would be from zip code 33578, make me an offer. smile.png

#6 deezdad

deezdad

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMendon, Ma
  • First Name:
    Dan

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:33 PM

That's cool thanks alot.. how about $50 plus shipping? Don't want to offend you let me know, thanks again

#7 ejguillot

ejguillot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationTampa
  • First Name:
    Edwin

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:16 PM

Offer accepted, see my private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )