Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dezldave961 : (01 May 2021 - 08:44 PM)

Yikes, well hope you guys get that resolved, so it stays active enough to remain viable.

@  WildGS : (30 April 2021 - 07:59 PM)

the sign in process is broke because the captcha is non-functional. That is why no new members.

@  dezldave961 : (28 April 2021 - 11:54 PM)

Somewhat true, but I'm not going to get too real about the demographics of Regal owners past & present. It'd be out of place on a Regal forum, and make people cross-eyed coming from a Regal owner. :blink:

@  Marchi1 : (28 April 2021 - 06:34 PM)

we are also hitting another round of buyers...and the group is again the young crowd and realizing that the older Regal is a bargin and normally better maintained than the GP of the saemarea.

@  dezldave961 : (26 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Hey, that's where I buy my top-of-the-line Spectre intake parts for my hotrod! (pre-turbo)

@  alemstrom : (26 April 2021 - 11:33 PM)

I'm here at Advance Auto

@  dezldave961 : (24 April 2021 - 02:22 PM)

We're now in a preservation community that some may discover, but it's been spread thin and the traffic has shifted away from the initial sharing styles (Tim/Zoom discuss this on ZZP podcasts, when those 4cyl goobers let them talk).

@  dezldave961 : (24 April 2021 - 02:20 PM)

The vehicles themselves dictate the demographic and activity level based on their following. GTP's drew the majority of the L67 crowd, including myself, and current 4/6/8cyl offerings of the last 15yrs are where 99% of our former peers and newcomers have shifted to.

@  Marchi1 : (21 April 2021 - 02:25 AM)

There are a few who come here for the info.....

@  dezldave961 : (19 April 2021 - 10:57 PM)

Ya, 3800/Wbody forums have cleared out. I hear there's some FB groups, but I'm ont on there and it sounds similar to the newbie-centric folks I see the last 1-2yrs on 3800pro & GPF.

@  glendayle : (18 April 2021 - 03:59 AM)

Man this thing used to be hoppin' on the daily. How times have chagned.

@  glendayle : (18 April 2021 - 03:59 AM)

LOL, someone chatted?!

@  dezldave961 : (17 April 2021 - 02:04 PM)

Just keeping the candle lit, as I mentioned on my only remaining local ClubGP chapter of the 3-4 I was very active on in my 20's

@  Marchi1 : (15 April 2021 - 07:00 PM)

nope...just us old timers

@  WildGS : (15 April 2021 - 03:56 AM)

are people still here?

@  dezldave961 : (12 April 2021 - 09:46 PM)

Hey, chuggin' along. Just finished a big overhaul on my turbo build after 12yrs.

@  Nateteo : (12 April 2021 - 05:56 PM)

literally, the last time I logged in was 3 years ago hows everybody doing

@  dezldave961 : (12 April 2021 - 04:43 PM)

Ya, they do open bracket at GS Nationals. I may go if I'm free, just to attend, even if there's no cage, yet.

@  Marchi1 : (12 April 2021 - 01:32 PM)

I am taking the SC car.I am sure it is a big event as it is in Bowling Green, KY so yeah will need to be fully copliant, but I think there is a bracket class. God I hope so

@  dezldave961 : (08 April 2021 - 01:50 PM)

*S&W Racecars cage for 95-99 Monte... I'd actually fit the xTSM class, aside from not being a RWD, if I swapped the Air-Air I/C back in. Probably wouldn't be competitive just yet, but I'd like to see them squirm.

Photo
- - - - -

rear deck subwoofers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 steveyjr1982

steveyjr1982

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  • LocationLancaster, Texas
  • First Name:
    Steve

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:45 AM

Has anyone done or thought about doing some rear deck subwoofers? ive been thinking about doing that instead of a huge hefty subwoofer and wood box in my trunk. I was thinking about an 8" or a 10" im more about sound quality then ground shaking bass now. I used to do spl comps but after eveything from my previous car was stolen I've lost interest in the sport and I dont feel like paying for crap that someones just going to easily take. I have a pretty decent amp that I just bought back in march I think. prices seem pretty decent on the smaller subs too.

#2 01abboud

01abboud

Grammar Nazi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
  • First Name:
    Carl

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:24 PM

Before I just dropped my 6x9s in, I really contemplated dropping a pair of 8" subs in the back dash. If you are at all handy, I can't imagine it would be too terribly difficult. You'd have to decide if you want to do a free-air setup or build boxes around them, but it's definitely an intriguing idea. At this point, I'm cheap, and pretty content with my modest sound. That, and I can already hear my wife asking me why I'm cutting up a perfectly good car!

-Carl

#3 oakleafresin

oakleafresin

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationShelby Township MI
  • First Name:
    Chris

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:29 PM

I don't think free air subs will ever sound as good as ones in boxes... my friends GrandAm had a Monsoon stereo stock and the rear 6x9's were free air and put out decent bass. Just was never a fan of their sound quality.

#4 surprise07

surprise07

I Know Regals

• Members
  • 1,068 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo MI
  • First Name:
    Jon

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

my buddy did 8''s in his monte with boxes around them, it sounded real good.

Insurance companies charge barely anything to add a couple thousand of personal mod coverage to your car. I have my performance mods and system all insured. Just keep your receipts and have plenty of pics of serial numbers and the equipment in car.

#5 Reefer82

Reefer82

Donated for server MODS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN
  • First Name:
    Kent

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:37 AM

Grab a nice 8" JL W3 or if you have the $ snatch up a W7. I have a friend with a single 13.5 W7 and it's just the loudest thing I've ever heard.

#6 spcrollins405

spcrollins405

Super Newb...and Forum Upgrade Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City
  • First Name:
    Travis

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

Throw a couple of these back there as free-air and you'll be surprised. These are one of the only subs I know of that were orig. made for free-air systems and the only free-air subs I've heard that I liked. You do need 2 though, cuz I would only hook them up @ 150 watts rms. Plus they're shallow mount, so they don't take up any space and in the system I made with these (in a customer's car, not mine), couldn't even see them from the trunk.

Attached Files

#7 ticketmagnet

ticketmagnet

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationMI
  • First Name:
    Luke

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Dragging up an old thread to see if anybody had pictures of subs in the rear deck of a Regal.

I had "free-air" 8" subs in the rear deck of my GTP with 100W/channel for many years and it was OK.  Plenty of bass, but couldn't really play below 40Hz.  I basically cut out the 6x9 opening and attached plywood there with screws and silicone.  This wood had the 8" hole cut in it.  This was way better than the stock 6x9s and factory glove-box amp.  Actually, before I sold that car, I connected those subs to the factory amp and it still had decent low end.

I've been running a bandpass box with dual 10's, but I'm tired of taking it out anytime I want to use the trunk pass-through.  There are Infinity 4-Ohm 6x9s in the stock location and I connected them to my amp the last time I took the sub box out.  With the extra power and the crossover, it's a nice upgrade from the stock Monsoon (less mud, more punch).

So I'm looking for experience in how to package 1 or 2 subs in the rear deck.  Maybe a DVC 10" in the center?  Is there a way to remove the 6x9 and put a 10" there while retaining the 4" speaker?  I plan to keep the stock grills and all stock look.  Just want to get the right stuff on hand before I break out the air saw.

#8 ticketmagnet

ticketmagnet

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationMI
  • First Name:
    Luke

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Anybody try these Tang Band subs?  Reviews are pretty good and without cutting up the car, easy to change your mind.

http://www.parts-exp...woofer--264-837

71IaRtXpYDL._SL1200_.jpg

At 8 Ohms you obviously need an amp - maybe something rated around 150RMS/channel at 4 Ohms.  A subsonic filter at 30Hz would really help it pound without bottoming out.  Don't know what kind of real frequency response the stock head unit has.

Edited by ticketmagnet, 11 February 2015 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )