Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dezldave961 : (01 May 2021 - 08:44 PM)

Yikes, well hope you guys get that resolved, so it stays active enough to remain viable.

@  WildGS : (30 April 2021 - 07:59 PM)

the sign in process is broke because the captcha is non-functional. That is why no new members.

@  dezldave961 : (28 April 2021 - 11:54 PM)

Somewhat true, but I'm not going to get too real about the demographics of Regal owners past & present. It'd be out of place on a Regal forum, and make people cross-eyed coming from a Regal owner. :blink:

@  Marchi1 : (28 April 2021 - 06:34 PM)

we are also hitting another round of buyers...and the group is again the young crowd and realizing that the older Regal is a bargin and normally better maintained than the GP of the saemarea.

@  dezldave961 : (26 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Hey, that's where I buy my top-of-the-line Spectre intake parts for my hotrod! (pre-turbo)

@  alemstrom : (26 April 2021 - 11:33 PM)

I'm here at Advance Auto

@  dezldave961 : (24 April 2021 - 02:22 PM)

We're now in a preservation community that some may discover, but it's been spread thin and the traffic has shifted away from the initial sharing styles (Tim/Zoom discuss this on ZZP podcasts, when those 4cyl goobers let them talk).

@  dezldave961 : (24 April 2021 - 02:20 PM)

The vehicles themselves dictate the demographic and activity level based on their following. GTP's drew the majority of the L67 crowd, including myself, and current 4/6/8cyl offerings of the last 15yrs are where 99% of our former peers and newcomers have shifted to.

@  Marchi1 : (21 April 2021 - 02:25 AM)

There are a few who come here for the info.....

@  dezldave961 : (19 April 2021 - 10:57 PM)

Ya, 3800/Wbody forums have cleared out. I hear there's some FB groups, but I'm ont on there and it sounds similar to the newbie-centric folks I see the last 1-2yrs on 3800pro & GPF.

@  glendayle : (18 April 2021 - 03:59 AM)

Man this thing used to be hoppin' on the daily. How times have chagned.

@  glendayle : (18 April 2021 - 03:59 AM)

LOL, someone chatted?!

@  dezldave961 : (17 April 2021 - 02:04 PM)

Just keeping the candle lit, as I mentioned on my only remaining local ClubGP chapter of the 3-4 I was very active on in my 20's

@  Marchi1 : (15 April 2021 - 07:00 PM)

nope...just us old timers

@  WildGS : (15 April 2021 - 03:56 AM)

are people still here?

@  dezldave961 : (12 April 2021 - 09:46 PM)

Hey, chuggin' along. Just finished a big overhaul on my turbo build after 12yrs.

@  Nateteo : (12 April 2021 - 05:56 PM)

literally, the last time I logged in was 3 years ago hows everybody doing

@  dezldave961 : (12 April 2021 - 04:43 PM)

Ya, they do open bracket at GS Nationals. I may go if I'm free, just to attend, even if there's no cage, yet.

@  Marchi1 : (12 April 2021 - 01:32 PM)

I am taking the SC car.I am sure it is a big event as it is in Bowling Green, KY so yeah will need to be fully copliant, but I think there is a bracket class. God I hope so

@  dezldave961 : (08 April 2021 - 01:50 PM)

*S&W Racecars cage for 95-99 Monte... I'd actually fit the xTSM class, aside from not being a RWD, if I swapped the Air-Air I/C back in. Probably wouldn't be competitive just yet, but I'd like to see them squirm.

Photo

New Member From AZ

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PhilAZ

PhilAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • First Name:
    Phil

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hello, I picked up a nice red 2003 GS yesterday with 61K miles here in the Phoenix area.  Looking forward to reading through all the great info here to properly maintain and modify it.  

Thanks

#2 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Welcome to the site, Phil. Be sure to read the newbie guides, there are two. Post some pics when you get a chance.

#3 RacingRegal36

RacingRegal36

I Know Regals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationPueblo ,Co
  • First Name:
    Jimmie

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:44 AM

Welcome phil, you'll come to enjoy the wonderful community we have here for help. Make sure and ready through many of the starter threads such as the newbie guide like my buddy above mentioned. Also post pictures when you can. Would love to see a red regal in action.

#4 Loly

Loly

SHUTURPIEHOLE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ontario, CANADA
  • First Name:
    Gy

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

Welcome to the site!

#5 M_Dogg

M_Dogg

• Members
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationBrookfield IL
  • First Name:
    Marcin

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

63k mile Arizona Regal. I am jealous. Welcome to the forum, seems like there's been more traffic here lately :thumbs:

#6 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

Hello and welcome, there is a Buick owner down in your area from the site named Dave....very honest and a true friend.

#7 PhilAZ

PhilAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • First Name:
    Phil

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

Thanks guys!  Thanks to all who have contributed to the site to provide such valuable information for everyone.  

My previous notable projects/rides include a 87 Turbo-T (still kicking myself) , 95 Talon AWD, 04 Ion Redline, 99 GS and 09 Cobalt SS.  Not to mention the 76 Ventura, 73 LeMans and 77 Trans-Am.  

This Buick is super clean and I'm very happy with it.  My goals are to retain some value while improving the performance and reliability and, of course, get around in it.  

Attached Files

#8 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

• Members
  • 4,836 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:08 AM

Woo-eee! That is really clean.  Love that color.

#9 tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs
  • First Name:
    Derrick

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:54 AM

Damn that looks like it rolled off the line yesterday....it's beautiful....would be such a shame to mod it, you should just sell it to me....ha ha ha...kidding seriously beautiful Regal.

#10 gojo83

gojo83

Contributing Member

• Members
  • 2,792 posts
  • LocationCheyenne WY
  • First Name:
    Greg

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

77 TA  and 76 Ventura you are man after my own heart. I have a 78 TA I am rebuilding and had a tin canned 75 Ventura with a 455 BBO in it. wish I hadn't sold that car but hind sight is 20/20. I have a red one like yours as well but not as clean as yours though.

#11 PhilAZ

PhilAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • First Name:
    Phil

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

Damn that looks like it rolled off the line yesterday....it's beautiful....would be such a shame to mod it, you should just sell it to me....ha ha ha...kidding seriously beautiful Regal.

Haha thanks.  I'll try to keep the mods to a minimum, but we all know how that usually goes.  Got the OBD bluetooth today along with new key fobs.  Intake should be here Monday.

77 TA  and 76 Ventura you are man after my own heart. I have a 78 TA I am rebuilding and had a tin canned 75 Ventura with a 455 BBO in it. wish I hadn't sold that car but hind sight is 20/20. I have a red one like yours as well but not as clean as yours though.

Wow a TA and a Ventura, nice.  Can't imagine the Ventura with that motor...crazy.  I know all about that hindsight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )