Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Marchi1 : (22 July 2021 - 05:30 PM)

Its even worse... he has been a memeber for 13 years and has 2 active posts.....

@  dezldave961 : (21 July 2021 - 11:38 PM)

Some people don't know how the internet works, and think deleting after posting somehow works like an Etch-A-Sketch. (You made 2 posts 13yrs ago about fixing an ignition switch, which I'd never know if you didn't ask about deleting... Look up Streisand Effect.)

@  Marchi1 : (21 July 2021 - 01:53 AM)

and just quit using it. there is very little update and while I can delete it why would you?

@  Marchi1 : (21 July 2021 - 01:52 AM)

that hurst I have been here in less than months

@  esqueue : (15 July 2021 - 05:50 PM)

A moderator hasn't been here for months

@  esqueue : (15 July 2021 - 05:48 PM)

How do I get my account deleted?

@  sky72lark : (25 June 2021 - 01:20 AM)

SELLING 99GS SEE FORUM, THANK YOU

@  dezldave961 : (16 June 2021 - 11:10 PM)

Good deal. I'll be resolving some issues when I get back from a work trip, as well.

@  ejguillot : (14 June 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Also rechecked the flexplate and rocker arm bolts, all were torqued to spec.

@  ejguillot : (14 June 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Update on the tap/knock noise: resolved most of it by resealing my exhaust. Front header to crossover pipe leak - noise at 1/2 engine RPM.

@  ejguillot : (04 June 2021 - 07:15 PM)

I'll recheck those, thanks for the heads up.

@  dezldave961 : (03 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Also, check that the rockers are all torqued, still. Re-usable bolts like to be around 25 or so, but settling in from running may back one out that was torqued while partially under load on a cam lobe.

@  dezldave961 : (03 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Did you do anything with the flexplate? Those 3 bolts tend to come loose and rattle over time, if not torqued with loctite.

@  ejguillot : (03 June 2021 - 04:46 PM)

doing OK. Tune's all fixed, but hearing a tap/knock noise from my engine that is no longer fading with higher RPM. Not good.

@  Nateteo : (27 May 2021 - 09:03 PM)

1/3 of the way done doing my lower and resealing everything on the top end. hows everyone's week been so far.

@  dezldave961 : (11 May 2021 - 09:07 PM)

It could be real, just very incorrect A/F for the range it's crossing.

@  ejguillot : (11 May 2021 - 02:54 PM)

Any advice on identifying false KR? I'm getting KR blips when rolling into the throttle, and that with the blower belt off.

@  ejguillot : (11 May 2021 - 01:15 AM)

Hi everyone. Still working on my project regal, chasing down powertrain issues.

@  dezldave961 : (01 May 2021 - 08:44 PM)

Yikes, well hope you guys get that resolved, so it stays active enough to remain viable.

@  WildGS : (30 April 2021 - 07:59 PM)

the sign in process is broke because the captcha is non-functional. That is why no new members.

Photo
- - - - -

Decisions Decisions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deezdad

deezdad

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMendon, Ma
  • First Name:
    Dan

Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:33 AM

Help me out I'm waffling here.. got a line on a GMC syclone it's stock with 34k miles, I can get it for $28k. Here the thing Ive got an 04 gs that's been sitting in my garage unused for a few years and I'm starting to miss it.. only has 100k miles on it runs good but the passenger rocker panel is wasted completely rotted out, what does it take to fix this issue? Worth it to fix? Doesn't have to look pretty as Im fine with the ugly sleeper look so was thinking of saving the $ & stress of buying/owning a syclone and making the gs fast with bolt one... Only room for 1, what would you do???

#2 OhMyGS

OhMyGS

RGS.org VIP Server Upgrade supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:
    Alan

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:21 AM

I'll give you my 100% biased answer. I'm pretty frugal, and $28,000 is a lot of money to me. Plus I have some ability to do a decent repair. I remember a thread on here where one of the members did a rotten rocker panel repair. So I would side with keeping the GS and the 28k. Put the 28k towards a retirement or college fund. This from a guy that has over 50 years of making decisions similar to the one you are wrestling with. Now that I'm nearing retirement, there are a few things I would have done differently.

#3 deezdad

deezdad

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMendon, Ma
  • First Name:
    Dan

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:01 AM

I appreciate your wise words of wisdom & valid points

#4 tpivette

tpivette

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE
  • First Name:
    Anthony

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:18 AM

Whew... hard decision to make there. The Syclone is a special piece of automobile history and nostalgia, so owning one of those would be a dream come true. I remember reading magazines about those amazing vehicles, and their low 13 sec 1/4 mile times bone stock when I was in middle school.

However, 28 grand is alot of money... and a Regal GS can be made just as fast for super cheap (however, it'll NEVER launch as hard as the AWD in that truck!). Since I don't know your available free time, or mechanical aptitude, I cannot comment on the repairability factor of your rocker panel woes.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, as that would be just as hard a decision for me if I was actually in that position. Some of us will never be so lucky!

#5 ejguillot

ejguillot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationTampa
  • First Name:
    Edwin

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

deezdad,

I had bought a set of replacement rocker panels from https://www.c2cfabrication.com, but never installed them.  (changed out the Regal to one with no rust.) They were bare metal and I painted them with weld through primer to keep them rust free. 

New they're about $35 each + shipping, if you're interested I can sell you mine (both panels, in the original box). Shipping would be from zip code 33578, make me an offer. smile.png

#6 deezdad

deezdad

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMendon, Ma
  • First Name:
    Dan

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:33 PM

That's cool thanks alot.. how about $50 plus shipping? Don't want to offend you let me know, thanks again

#7 ejguillot

ejguillot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationTampa
  • First Name:
    Edwin

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:16 PM

Offer accepted, see my private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )