Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Marchi1 : (22 July 2021 - 05:30 PM)

Its even worse... he has been a memeber for 13 years and has 2 active posts.....

@  dezldave961 : (21 July 2021 - 11:38 PM)

Some people don't know how the internet works, and think deleting after posting somehow works like an Etch-A-Sketch. (You made 2 posts 13yrs ago about fixing an ignition switch, which I'd never know if you didn't ask about deleting... Look up Streisand Effect.)

@  Marchi1 : (21 July 2021 - 01:53 AM)

and just quit using it. there is very little update and while I can delete it why would you?

@  Marchi1 : (21 July 2021 - 01:52 AM)

that hurst I have been here in less than months

@  esqueue : (15 July 2021 - 05:50 PM)

A moderator hasn't been here for months

@  esqueue : (15 July 2021 - 05:48 PM)

How do I get my account deleted?

@  sky72lark : (25 June 2021 - 01:20 AM)

SELLING 99GS SEE FORUM, THANK YOU

@  dezldave961 : (16 June 2021 - 11:10 PM)

Good deal. I'll be resolving some issues when I get back from a work trip, as well.

@  ejguillot : (14 June 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Also rechecked the flexplate and rocker arm bolts, all were torqued to spec.

@  ejguillot : (14 June 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Update on the tap/knock noise: resolved most of it by resealing my exhaust. Front header to crossover pipe leak - noise at 1/2 engine RPM.

@  ejguillot : (04 June 2021 - 07:15 PM)

I'll recheck those, thanks for the heads up.

@  dezldave961 : (03 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Also, check that the rockers are all torqued, still. Re-usable bolts like to be around 25 or so, but settling in from running may back one out that was torqued while partially under load on a cam lobe.

@  dezldave961 : (03 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Did you do anything with the flexplate? Those 3 bolts tend to come loose and rattle over time, if not torqued with loctite.

@  ejguillot : (03 June 2021 - 04:46 PM)

doing OK. Tune's all fixed, but hearing a tap/knock noise from my engine that is no longer fading with higher RPM. Not good.

@  Nateteo : (27 May 2021 - 09:03 PM)

1/3 of the way done doing my lower and resealing everything on the top end. hows everyone's week been so far.

@  dezldave961 : (11 May 2021 - 09:07 PM)

It could be real, just very incorrect A/F for the range it's crossing.

@  ejguillot : (11 May 2021 - 02:54 PM)

Any advice on identifying false KR? I'm getting KR blips when rolling into the throttle, and that with the blower belt off.

@  ejguillot : (11 May 2021 - 01:15 AM)

Hi everyone. Still working on my project regal, chasing down powertrain issues.

@  dezldave961 : (01 May 2021 - 08:44 PM)

Yikes, well hope you guys get that resolved, so it stays active enough to remain viable.

@  WildGS : (30 April 2021 - 07:59 PM)

the sign in process is broke because the captcha is non-functional. That is why no new members.

Photo
- - - - -

2012 regal E a shit sucks!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kevandkaye

kevandkaye

Multi-Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationFlorida, IN
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:12 PM

Never again will I even LOOK at a pre 14' Regal...ESPECIALLY an ecoshit !!!

That being said, Anyone have a spring tensioner compressor they no longer need? blink.png They only go for $200 and up on line.

Threw a belt on me last week, had to replace the BROKEN tensioner spring and the main seal when the belt got wrapped around everything and behind the crank pulley. bought the piece of shit pulley AND spring (NOT sold separately).

Ran fine for 2 days and now it has thrown the belt again....made it home on battery juice.

Gotta see what it is, change the belt, and hurry up and trade it!

Edited by kevandkaye, 22 April 2021 - 11:13 PM.

#2 kevandkaye

kevandkaye

Multi-Contributor

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationFlorida, IN
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:24 AM

dbc658edbeae8855a17f7e1bc49d49bd.png

Attached Files

Edited by kevandkaye, 25 April 2021 - 01:43 PM.

#3 dezldave961

dezldave961

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationVA
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:59 PM

Suck, but at least you should be able to get going again for ~$180-200 from a quick search.

Gonna have to go by the mantra of "having another man work on your car is like having another man sleep with..." Ya know. At least that's how it is for DIY people, once warranty isn't in the picture.

Good luck, and those cars are okd enough that I'd imagine a U-pull yard is now having some in there.

#4 kevandkaye

kevandkaye

Multi-Contributor

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationFlorida, IN
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 25 April 2021 - 01:41 PM

UPDATE: use for future reference. After investigating, The "mechanics" put the spring bolts in the wrong positions. The incorrectly installed  LONG bolt that was supposed to be in the top hole, was put in the bottom. When they drove it in, it dug into the bracket, locking it tight and forcing everything out and stressed the main pivot bolt, thereby eliminating ANY tensioner movement. on another note, I found some info on compressing the spring without the $300 dollar tool.

A U-bolt, or worm clamp have been used.

https://www.2carpros...25751/large.jpg

large.jpg

#5 dezldave961

dezldave961

Wheres the Newbie Guide?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationVA
  • First Name:
    Dave

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:26 PM

I think I had to do something similar on my LS4 to get the belt off.  GM never had a good track record for packaging things the past couple decades, since vehicles were no longer boats with a livingroom-sized bay that any goober could deal with.

#6 kevandkaye

kevandkaye

Multi-Contributor

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationFlorida, IN
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:42 AM

All back together and tested road worthy. I ended up using the hose clamp to remove and replace the spring. Not only did they lock the tensioner assembly tight with the too long bolt, they also managed to strip the top bolt hole that holds the spring in place. Had to find a M8 helicoil kit. Took me most of two hours trying to get the damn belt back on!

#7 Wildcat

Wildcat

Been There. Done That.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • First Name:
    Paul

Posted 29 May 2021 - 02:05 AM

I don't suppose you will get any of that labor back when you show them what you had to do to fix their mistake?

Now that it's done, they may say it can't be verified. But are you at least going to discuss it with them?

Only thing worse than having to pay for work that you could do yourself if you had the time or the inclination, is paying for it and having it done wrong!

Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for the tips.

Paul

#8 kevandkaye

kevandkaye

Multi-Contributor

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationFlorida, IN
  • First Name:
    Kevin

Posted 29 May 2021 - 02:53 PM

I don't suppose you will get any of that labor back when you show them what you had to do to fix their mistake?

Now that it's done, they may say it can't be verified. But are you at least going to discuss it with them?

Only thing worse than having to pay for work that you could do yourself if you had the time or the inclination, is paying for it and having it done wrong!

Nah, it was an out of town shop and not worth the hassle of giving them another chance to jack it up.... I was not charged for anything other than the oil seal after the pulley snafu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 © Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )